FANDOM



Jinxed
Summary: The EFA unleashes a terrifying new technology.
Who: Alejandro Corner, Ribbons Almark, Paptimus Scirocco, Sarah Zabiarov, Amuro Ray, Camille Bidan, Bastion, Ivy Starbuck, Michael Anderson, Russel Bagman, Leo Stenbuck, Rondo Ghina Sahaku, Cagalli Yula Athha, David Churchill, Allelujah Haptism, Sumeragi Lee Noriega, Irm Kazahara, Rain Mikamura, Jiron Amos, Rondo Mina Sahaku, Alia Winchester, Lyle Dylandy, Fon Spark, Meiya Mitsurugi, Yazan Gayble, Rocket, Isamu Dyson
When: 9 April NCA 119
Where: Side 6, Space


// EARTH //

Purple eyes stare distantly onward towards the sight of the near-full moon illuminating the night sky as a green-haired youth stands towards the edge of a grand suite balcony located somewhere in the north Asian continent. Cool winds brush past the youth's impeccably calm features. His lips pull into a thin line, focusing himself almost entire on that luminescent satellite in the sky.

"Why do you think humans still have war in their hearts, Ribbons?"

The young man's gaze shifts behind him, looking towards an older gentleman standing in the suite's main chambers. Dressed in an impeccable red suit and holding a glass of scotch in hand, Alejandro Corner, Reprentative of Orb. smiles calmly at his young associate. "It's because our goals have become too diverse. Our enemies come within rather than without. When we can't do anything more than struggle for resources, is it any wonder this world is still engulfed in strife?" Alejandro sips his scotch, his smile broadening. "Humans must know a common foe from the exterior to unite against. And they need a strong hand to guide them against it."

"And is that you, Master Corner?"

"Hmm. Who can say? I only want to see the world prosper, Ribbons. That's all." As Alejandro speaks, his head rolls languidly towards the Eastern wall of the suite. Ribbons strides into the main room calmly, gaze drifting in a similar direction as multiple holographic screens begin to sprout, displaying a wide, panoramic view of space thousands of miles above.

"Regardless," Alejandro states matter-of-factly, his smile darkening a touch, "I believe it's time we watch the beginning of the final act of this little play."


// SIDE 6 //

A small fleet of Salamis Kai ships hang just outside the boundaries of the of Orb Union's Side 6, home of the vast Space Fortress Ame-No-Mihashira -- perhaps one of Orb Union's strongest footholds in space, and a bastion for their cause. Within one of the lead Salamis Kais, the Federation captain frowns deeply, propping his chin upon a single fist as he stares at the data readouts and exterior layout of the fortress unfolded before him.

"So that's Salamis Kai, huh," mutters the man, scratching his beard in a contemplative manner. "Alright, then. We've waited long enough! To all ships: the lead Salamis Kai shall remain outside the boundaries of Side 6. Begin deploying mobile suits -- do not hesitate to strike as soon as you are able! Remember, this is a test of our new units: be sure no damage is taken to their drives, no matter what. These are your orders. Begin deployment...

"Now!"


The fleet does not move alone. While it's true that this is primarily a Federation operation, it has been put together and meticulously planned by none other than the Man from Jupiter. While his typical mothership, the Jupitoris, remains back at Side 7 churning out the precious new units that he has supposedly dreamt up on his latest supply run to the gas giant, he has come to oversee the battle -- and partake if required -- within the massive former-Titans mothership, the Dogosse Gier.

On the bridge of the ship, he hears the relayed order, and in typical fashion sends his own men in; "Launch all GN-X's," he says, a hand brushing through his beautiful hair, ensuring it's at just the right amount of pomp. "And whoever else has come may launch as well in their units. This will be a fitting test for this new drive, and this new unit. I am certain they will prove themselves this day. What a day this will be..." he trails off, staring at the massive fortress that the Federation has come to topple.

Turning to the small console on the captain's chair, he reveals who he's been speaking to, since clearly he would be insane if he were speaking to just himself. He smiles at his pink-haired adjutant in her flight-suit. "I do wish you would use one of the new machines, but I understand your desire to use what I have given you and you alone. Make me proud. I will lead from here... for now. I sense that there may be a brilliant mind coming to oppose me, and thus..." And again the Man from Jupiter trails off, simply gesturing towards the unknown.

And as he converses with Sarah Zabiarov, one new unit after the next streams out, entering a tight formation as they surge forward, immediately on the attack. Surprise, with so many Federation cruisers having been sent, is unlikely to be on their side.

But Paptimus Scirocco has a plan, and he smiles as he watches those red particles flare before the Dogosse Gier.


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "... hey, is everything quiet on the front?"


"Wait! Wait! Hold the space elevator!" calls a man in a tweed jacket, rushing towards the doors which are not yet ready to close. The neon lights in the small outpost here on Ame-no-Mihashira reflect off the man's balding pate and cheap Rolex knockoff watch. Inside the elevator, a well-dressed man surreptitiously starts hitting the 'DOOR CLOSE' button. "Oh, sorry!" he calls. "The doors are closing! I'm trying to hold them open but they're closiiii--"

Five seconds after he dramatically cuts himself off, the doors actually close. The well-dressed man lets out a breath and reaches up to dab sweat from his brow. "That was close," he mutters. "Like the man in the 10,000 space dollar suit is going to hold the door for the guy dressed in a Wal-Brand sports jacket..." He looks down, nudging a basketball-sized green sphere. "How are we doing, Haro?"

"HARO! HARO!" bleats the sphere. "STOCKS ARE UP! STOCKS ARE UP!" it continues, ears flapping and eyes flashing. "RAY INDUSTRIES UP 500 POINTS PER SHARE!"

Amuro Ray smiles, leaning back against the elevator wall. "Good... that's good," he breathes. "That means I can buy Beltorchika that hot tub she wants to put in the attic..."


<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "I suppose it is, aside from the sizeable fleet of EFA ships assembled just outside of Side 6 territorial space."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku sip. "The enemies, always at the gates."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "--What?!"

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "Such a foolhardy maneuver deserves a firm response."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "I had a--a feeling. Are they going to attack?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson transmits, "So much for our brief reprieve."

<Radio: A - Chat> Ledonir Kisaka transmits, "The Kusanagi's en route."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Mina Sahaku, calmly, "Judging by the fact that the ships are advancing and preparing to launch mobile suits? That would be a safe assumption."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Like the guy in the 15,000 space dollar suit is going to get shot down out here. Come /on/."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rocket transmits, "That expensive?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku smirks audibly. "Well, if you must dress on a budget..."


After the massive engagement at Neo-Japan -- one of the most tremendous spaceborne battles since the One Year War -- more than a few o the Orb Union's vital resources have been relocated to space; among them are some of the key AEUG units. As the subsection of the Orb Union most experienced in space battle, the AEUG was on the forefront of /that/ battle -- and, by the looks of it, this one.

Pausing near a corridor viewport in the belly of the fortress, Camille Bidan stops and looks out into space, off into the distance, into the black. He's carrying a pretty hefty box of stuff, but he pauses, looking out into... what? Something, invisible to the eye, seems to sparkle. "... Huh?" he says, to himself. "What's this... feeling?"

If one could draw a straight line from Ame-no-Mihashira, through the vaccuum, and into the Federation fleet -- Camille's gaze would be set, with inhuman precision, on Paptimus Scirocco.

"--Something's happening."


Bastion had come to observe the battle between both the EFA and Orb Union.

It was important to see why the two were fighting, despite his personal feelings that a talk could be worked out. The Prince frowns to himself, the enjoyment he got out of being in space has been ruined by the thought of inimate destruction. The Man from La Gias crosses his hands as he sits down on the bridge of one of the ships. Then the call to scramble came, shaking his head, he moved from his position on the bridge to his own ATAC. The EFA had been kind enough to modify it for space combat, it was still mostly unchanged, but Bastion would feel the most at home in a ATAC over a mobile suit any day.

Deploying, the ATAC handles a bit roughly starting out, Bastion still getting used to the controls. "Prince Bastion deploying, Alba launching. I am going to be watching the fight personally."


Ivy Starbuck, on the other hand, just wanted to fly.

Ivy has never been assigned a machine of her own. She has had to make do with hand-me-downs and pass-alongs, or just swiping things from the docking bay when nobody was looking (that one only worked once).

Today she gets one. She is grinning ear to ear as she pilots the GN-X smoothly out on her first deployment. Although Ivy is supposed to be testing the GN-X and its weapon systems, she's brought something else as well, magnetically clipped onto the GN's hips - two long Steel Knives, ready for action.


The orders are given, the destination reached. Now it is time for the mission to begin.

Standing adjacent to her Admiral, Sarah Zabiarov quietly looks to the Man from Jupiter as he addresses her. Offering him a small grin, the young woman shrugs her shoulders softly as she replies, "My apologies sir. The Bolinoak is a trustworthy machine...and I feel like I cannot part with it. Not with an operation this important."

Tilting her head, the girl offers a bow of her head to the Admiral before she snaps out a salute, her posture rigid and painfully formal. "Yes, sir!" she replies, practically glowing with pride. "I will fight hard, Master Paptimus." For his sake.

And with those words, Sarah turns and leaves with a hurried step to the hangar, to ready the Bolinoak for launch.


With the crisis involving the Devil Gundam dealth with, Michael Anderson has been rotated to space, since he needs more experience fighting in Zero-G. Unfortunately, that means he's at Ame-No-Mihashira when the call comes out that EFA forces are advancing. A heavy sigh escapes from his lips as he mutters, "So much for our brief reprieve, huh partner?"

Beside him stands the stoic child soldier Cero. No words from from the boy as he puches himself off the back of the elevator and steps out onto the deck, followed closely behind by Michael as they start towards the launch bay... and who should they run into but Camille.

"Huh? Hey Camille! Now's not the time to be spacing out, we got reports that the Feds are at the gates. We better get ready to scramble!" Michael says as he half turns after passing Camille and jogs in place, "They ain't paying us to gawk after all."

He takes a few steps backwards to make certain Camille heard him before turning to catch up to Cero who, as usual, didn't bother to stop.


the GN-X it carried the same drive that one unit of the Celestial Beings had. Russel had noticed this along with Tasuku shortly after their first test flight. It left him wondering where the tech came from, likely the EFA some how managed to steal tech from someone else for once rather than the other way. He's wary but he's got his orders after all, and the war does need to be ended sooner rather than later.

Russel goes through the last of his flight check, GN drive all green, weapons primed, all systems are good to go. Russel's GN-X has been painted with his ace colors and prepares for launch.

"Russel Bagman, GNX-603T GN-X launching!" The machine flies out of the carrier now weapons primed and anyone from orb would easily be able to see the red star dust like emissions from the back of the machine as he presses forward, it was time to strike back. Still there was some doubt, given the recent events with Ulube. Said doubt is banished, he has a mission and he intends to come back alive. The green GN-X stays in formation with the rest, for better or ill the battle is about to start.


"Leo Stenbuck, GN-X... launching."

A GN-X launches from the Dogosse Gier, just one among the many. It accelerates slowly away from the battleship, leaving a wake of blood red GN particles, and once it's a few kilometers out it... starts showing off. It spins, flips, and rolls, weaving in tight circles through the same, ridiculously small patch of space with amazingly nimble movements.

After ten seconds, it 'rights' itself - as much as one can in space - and pauses. Inside the cockpit, Leo Stenbuck tightens his grip on the machine's control sticks, turning his head left and right to get a glimpse of the GN particles spraying from his machine's back. Something about the GN-X had bothered him since he began tweaking the mobile suit's settings late last night.

It wasn't until just now, after his little display to get a feel for the thing's performance, that it really struck him what was unsettling him. The particles... their color, and that of the GN-X's beam rifle shots and beam saber... and now this handling and agility...

"... Anubis..." Leo mutters to himself, a lump rising in his throat.

He swallows it. It's just superficial... they're nothing alike. And besides, Anubis was destroyed... it had to have been. If Nohman didn't survive, the machine certainly didn't. He has to focus on the present. "... I'm engaging, Master Paptimus," he transmits to the bridge of the Dogosse Gier.

The lone GN-X surges forwards again, gliding through space towards Ame-No-Mihashir without the assistance of pesky little things like 'thrusters.' "They'll be here," Leo assures himself, scowling. "... they'll be here."


From one of the wide viewports of the private quarters of the Ame-no-Mihashira, a man watches the far distance, observing the EFA fleet. He stands unmoving, a crystal glass of fine wine in one hand, as he listens to the reports on the sideband. Intelligence responds with lightning speed to his terse queries, and after a moment, he smiles. Upon the port, there is a flicker, and a gleaming projection opens, displaying a distance shot of one of these new units that they are fielding. Rondo Ghina Sahaku takes a long sip of his wine, nodding. "The enemy, always at the gates... A million wolves who endlessly circle. So this is your game, a new weapon... So be it." He sets the glass down and turns away, his heavy mantle whipping through the air as he begins to stride from the room, vanishing into the shadows.

"Such a foolhardy maneuver deserves a firm response."

minutes later, there is a launch of a black and gold mecha, one which swiftly vanishes as the Mirage Colloid is activated.

A firm response indeed.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "Be on guard. They have an unfamiliar mobile suit... We wil have to take their measure before crushing them."


The Kusanagi is the Orb Union's flagship... and when it hears that there's trouble in an area it can get to, it's there. The Orb Union's flagship diverts from its intended course Earthside and turns slowly, pointing itself squarely at Ame no Mihashira. Though no one onboard really knows that much about the enormous space fortress beyond what they've heard, no one wants to see it get destroyed... and so, the Kusanagi speeds in, discarding as many modules as it can to favor speed.

A mobile suit contingent, after all, is worth radically more than anything the Kusanagi itself could provide as a combat resource. Getting the suits there on time is the most important thing, especially with hearsay of a new Federation weapon being deployed.

One mobile suit, at least, is already fully prepped to launch.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "I've got a bad feeling. Be careful."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rocket transmits, "Let's see here ...."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Damnit, I didn't bring the Zeta Plus."


"Huh? --They're attacking?!" Camille looks vaguely downward, to his feet. "So..." he says, "... I /did/ feel something. Could it be...?" Camille shakes his head to try and clear the cob-webs out before he runs after Michael. If by 'runs' we mean 'kicks lightly' and soars down the corridor with bullseye precision. Floating past Anderson, he flips around, still sailing away--

"Right! I'll go on ahead--" he says, apparently used to the routine of scrambling into flight gear in a hurry. It takes a few minutes, but the Zeta Gundam is already primed for launch.


"Green Turtle, GN-X, deploying!"

Yet another of the new mobile suits launches, moving into formation with others, just keeping on a straight and steady course as it stays in it's designated area. The GN Beam Rifle is ready and the suit, even as it keeps in formation, is constantly moving around a little, all the limbs being checked and the flight systems being tested. "Hrn. This thing isn't half bad. Still, beam weapons..." David frowns behind the helmet's tinted visor, shaking his head. He never liked beam weapons. He prefers solid shot, the ability to measure his ability to kill in bullets and clips rather than energy levels. But he'll live with it if it's all it's cracked up to be...


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "Hm? Where's this?"


In the hangar of the Ptolemaios, a single man sits in his machine -- breathless, hands on the throttles.

All he needs now -- is the order to launch.

He has heard some disturbing things about this situation upon a cursory glance: the enemy has gotten ahold of something that they, by no rights, should have.

A grey eye narrows.

"Allelujah Haptism, Gundam Kyrios, launching."


The Ptolemaios, Celestial Being's boxy troop transport and roving headquarters, is presently in the final stages of departing from its dock at the Ame-no-Mihashira, where it was finishing up repairs incurred by its encounter with noted maniac zombie Garma Zabi. It's as the ship is starting to pull away that all of this begins.

"--Sumeragi-sama!" chirps Feldt Grace in an excited, shocked tone, staring wide-eyed at a bunch of yellow dots flaring to life on her Celestial Space Sonar screen. "SUMERAGI-SAMAAA!"

Vaulting through the bridge's lack of gravity, Sumeragi Lee Noriega lands at Feldt's chair, gripping the back of it and staring downward. "What the f--"

A loud 'BOOP' from the console obscures the rest of Sumeragi's sentence, although Feldt turns bright red anyway. "Sound the alarm. Get me a line to the Orb Union. How the hell--"

Sumeragi Lee Noriega pushes up her hair, palms pressed against her forehead for a moment. Nothing makes sense lately. Either that, or everything makes sense, and she's yet to clue in. Either way: "/What are the EFA doing with solar furnaces/?!"


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Attention, Orb Union. This is Sumeragi Lee Noriega of Celestial Being."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Our sensors aboard the Ptolemaios are detecting incoming enemy units equipped with solar furnaces."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Teletha Testarossa transmits, "--*"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "... This is unexpected."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "I don't get it... why's that matter?"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I have no idea where they got them, but I can only assume at this time that they might have gotten them from the Trinities during their run from us."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Teletha Testarossa transmits, "Because that technology isn't supposed to exist outside of Celestial Being."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "It matters because they either have an infinite energy supply or they're lethally radioactive, Winchester."


This new mech was pretty sweet Irm Kazahara thought as he went through the checklist in his cockpit. A high-spec new unit with crazy new technology that involves high levels of crazy maneuvers and all kinds of newfangled nonsense? This is just like test piloting the Huckebein. Nothing new for Irm. Irm flips open his cell phone and smirks, ten new messages. All of them from Ring. "Things are looking up!" Irm says as he activates the GN-X's new drive and gets going.


"Irm Kazahara, GN-X launching!" the scarlet light from the tau drive flares as Irm takes off flying out of the Dogosse Gier and into the blackness of space. Irm makes a few quick little maneuvers and smiles. "Hey, buddy, nice response times."

Irm looks ahead, there's a battle coming up but he still can't help but wondering who built this. This is something like Ring would build but the Black Hole engines still way crazy unstable. The 008 felt like this though. This drive as well, it wasn't something his old man would have built -- Irm would have heard him bragging for weeks. Oh well, whatever, it's soldier time. Irm dials the thrust to full and charges forward into the formation.


As the EFA forces arrive just out of long distance of the Space Fortress Ame-No-Mihashira, a medium sized support independant freighter called the, "Mercy" maintains within distance of the Federation ships but outside of the way of combat. It was called in as a support unit that remained neutral to both sides and be able to help the wounded incase of someone falling in battle. That was the condition Rain Mikamura made in order to accept this assignment, to have a neutral party that isn't friendly to one side and that any wounded can be of either faction. A small squad consisting of three consisting of a GM Cannon II, Custom, and Light Armor deploy along with the order to scramble but these three remain around the "Mercy" in its defense just in case things get hairy.

Upon the bridge of the Mercy, the doors leading inward open with a small shoof and Rain emerges from the lift. Many of the crew find it a little odd to have the lady on the bridge, but the captain made an exception.

Putting a smile on her face, Rain wanders up to the Captain with a datapad in hand, offering to him as she approaches, "Captain, the medical bay is all set and ready to receieve wounded as needed."

Captain Tams looks back to Rain and nods, "I see. Good to hear. I am glad you decided to have us come along on this mission, Dr. Mikamura. We certainly could use the credits but I imagine it wasn't easy convincing the Federation commanders to agree to this."

Rain turns her attention out the main window as the Federation forces deploy and her expression turns grim, "Honestly, I would have not taken this assignement if it were a mere exercise. The fact that the EFA is looking to cause a conflict simply to test their suits in combat is ridiculous to me and I imagine the wounded count will not be small."

Captain Tams smiles at that comment, "You have a good caring heart, Doctor. I'll have your suit on stand-by if we need it. Thank you once again for agreeing to be on the defense. Helm, bring us to just outside range. Communications, open a channel to all global frequencies. This battle is just about to begin and we need to be ready for when sh*t hits the fan."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "Heh. 'Infinite energy', is that even possible? Oh well, I'm on my way... was already around here doing some practice maneuvers. Anything important besides repelling them?"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Get one of those drives."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I don't care if you're prying it from a corpse, we need to figure out how the hell they got this technology."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Michael Anderson transmits, "Understood. You hear that partner? Shoot to disable."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "A Solar Furnace... something new? Post-Minovsky technology?"


Jiron Amos is having a bad day.

It was off to such a good start, too. Just when he thought that he had figured out where the map he had mostly remembered fairly accurately was pointing, he got told that Timp wasn't there. He figured, in a place with such big landships standing on their end (for some weird reason) and with so many Walker Machines, he was bound to be there somewhere. So he took it upon himself to break in and check it out anyway.

It was all going pretty well till the landship he'd snuck aboard (posing as one of their Breakers, of course; they called themselves mercenaries instead of the right name for some reason) started shaking a lot. He'd been plastered to the wall for a while while it went... somewhere. He couldn't figure out where for a while... till he got caught.

Well, less 'caught' and more 'spotted without a bizarre uniform with a glass head.' Jiron has been hiding out in Xabungle 2 for a couple minutes now--those guys looking for him have /machine guns/ and he's almost out of ammo--and trying to figure out what to do. It's taken him this time to come to the conclusion that the only way to get out of this mess is to get out of the landship. Xabungle 2 starts with a roar of it's gas engine, raising it's rifle and suddenly firing a barrage of shots into the bay door across from him. Spent shell casings fall oddly, but Jiron doesn't notice; he jumps at the weakened door, crashing headlong into it and tearing it off the hinges.

Somewhere near the battlefield, a transport heading to one of the Orb Union colonies jettisons the cargo from one of it's bays. With it, a blue robot spirals through space at high speed, clinging to a mangled cargo bay door. Inside is Jiron Amos, who's words to describe the sea of stars that stretches out before him are poetic indeed:

"WHERE THE HELL IS THE GROOOOOOOOOOUND?!"


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, "AHAHAHA seems they're enjoying our concern over their new drives."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega hisses.


While she agrees with her brother's sentiment, Rondo Mina Sahaku is content to remain in Ame-no-Mihashira's command center to coordinate its defense, leaving the 'firm response' in his hands. After all, one who dares to attack the Pillar of Heaven merely calls divine retribution down upon themselves.

Thus, her red eyes watch a series of monitors impassively, as Ghina strides through a hallway towards a specific hangar; nodding her approval, she then turns her attention to the screens displaying the unexpected visitors. It won't be the first attack on Ame-no-Mihashira; in fact, they come frequently enough to be tedious. However, this time...

"Ohhhhhhhhh?" This time, Mina's curiosity is piqued as the Dogosse Gier leads the charge, bringing with it several of the EFA's new model of mobile suit. Now /that/, Mina finds intruiging. "Hm." After a brief moment of consideration, Mina also winds up striding through the halls towards a hangar, giving instructions over her comm unit. Just a few short minutes after the Amatsu vanishes from sight and sensors, the Slaughter Dagger Mina ordered outfitted with the Sword Striker pack is launched from Ame-no-Mihashira.

"After all, I suppose it would be impolite not to properly greet our guests."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, "Meister F reporting in with the Sadalsuud F."


With his communications officer picking up so much of what the Orb Union has to say, Paptimus Scirocco has further reason to smile as he hears some of the voices -- properly identified -- that are on their way to greet his new fleet. "My, it seems they are rolling out the red carpet for us," he notes to the air, although naturally he's speaking to his First Officer and not just to the air, as that would be a sign of madness.

"Celestial Being, two of the Orb Families, my, my, who else will come and oppose us this day?" he speculates aloud, amidst mild annoyance at tag-alongs who have no intention of getting their hands dirty. He dismisses Bastion's lack of involvement, instead broadcasting to those who have gone into the field with the GN-X:

"Be careful. The Orb Union will be targeting your units with an aim to capture. I expect to see none of these drives fall into enemy hands. As such, I will sortie and assist you."

And if the Man from Jupiter launching isn't enough to inspire the troops to battle harder, what isn't? Pushing out from the captain's chair, he floats off the Dogosse Gier's bridge, heading for his private hangar. But what suit shall he launch in today...?


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Long story short, kid, imagine the closest mankind has come to a self-perpetuating generator, undetectable by conventional means. But if these drives are the same knockoffs the Trinities had, they output radiation that deforms human cell structure. Short story shorter: the EFA having this stuff is bad news either way."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, "Running a present analysis on the pilots engaged in chatter, any ID's will be sent forthwith."


The GN-Xs aren't the only new machine being tried out today. A white Elemental Machine is quite far from home, flying through space as its pilot goes through various experimental maneuvers. But when Alia hears all sorts of alarmed reports on Orb channels she turns Langran's newest design, Zefholm, to beeline through the 'sea of stars' and head for the Ame-no-Mihashira, picking a course where she'll arrive off to the side of the EFA and Orb lines and moving to work on joining up with the latter. "That sure didn't take long for the Federation to go back on the warpath... all that talk about humanity coming together was just a bunch of nonsense, huh?" It's a comment to herself, but it might be able to be overheard on open channels.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Acknowledged. Will supply tactical data -- where... possible."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "Cell damage? That'd explain... ...hey. What's this about the Mercy going around being neutral-healer?"


Space combat is... Not really Lyle Dylandy's cup of tea, but when you join the fight against jackbooted oppression, you gotta do what you gotta do. Recently sent up spaceside by Karaba, the tall pilot had barely even settled in at the Orb space fortress before, hey, the Feddies went and showed up. "I could really use a smoke," the Irish intelligence officer mutters to himself, with a resigned sigh, as he heads towards his assigned unit: A Rick Dias, repainted with a green/aquamarine colour scheme.

Yeah, yeah. It runs in the family.

Getting his normal suit helmet on and clambering up into the cockpit, the former EFA pilot is at least glad to have the excuse to be sitting down and strapped in, instead of trying to maneuver himself in microgravity. "Honestly," Lyle complains further, basically to himself. "These guys just don't know when to let up, do they?" Apparently, he's going to have to get out there and... Teach them? Well, it's a nice thought, at least.


Michael hits the hanger bay shortly after and sees Cero already in the gunnery seat, bringing the various systems online and double checking the ST Falcon's repairs. It only takes a moment to climb into the cockpit and seal the small Standing Tank up behind him, "Cero, how are the systems holding up? Any problems?"

Cero's response is simple. Her brings the ST Falcon up to full combat power, and the screens inside the mech come to life, "... Well, that answered that question. Command, this is Falcon-1, I'm moving into position on the launch deck." The feet lock into the footholds of the laucnhing catapult, and that's when the bombshell, hits.

"... GN Drives? The same technology that Celestial Being uses?" That's not good, "... Understood. Partner! Change in plans! We're going to engage one of the units armed with a GN Drive! Shoot to disable, not to kill! We need to figure out where the Federation got that technology from." The ST Falcon hunkers down in preparation for launch before being flung out into space by the catapult.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Setsuna F. Seiei transmits, "They have drives?!"

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "They have drives."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "I'm not going to argue."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Setsuna F. Seiei transmits, "?!"


Somewhere, hiding out from immeadiate engagement, the crouched form of the Sadalsuud F remains motionless. Fereshte has done its part in sending support to the approaching force, and though it isn't exactly the suit they would have /preferred/...the pilot had been at fault for that. Infact, they barely allowed him out, but understood the situation well enough. The blond man wore a twisted smile upon his features, leaning foward as he was the cockpit filled with voices... "I don't care what my orders are, I'm not going to sit here for the entire fight. I want to test those suits out...myself."

...A shame the Plutone wasn't ready yet.


Bastion was not afraid to get his hands dirty. He wasn't afraid of fighting or killing...Bastion was against doing it senselessly. He was unsure of the EFA's reasons to be here, testing a mobile suit and launching a massive assault on Orb Union territories just so close to after the defeate of the Devil Gundam was a bit supicious to the young Prince. However, Bastion would not actively oppose the EFA...no, he would do what he could for the soldiers, and that was to protect their ride home, as well as the civilian ship that was there to lead medical assistance.

Bastion landed on one of the transports, crossing his arms and watching. Maybe Leo's master had a good reason for this, the prince understood subtle movements...for that, he would have to wait and see and investigate on his own time.


Meiya Mitsurugi did not volunteer for this attack. She did not especially want to attack the poeple that less then a week ago, were responsible for saving her life and keeping her safe from her own allies.

So maybe thats exactly why she was 'randomly selected' to pilot a GN-X in this mission.

Meiya sits in the GN-X cockpit, looking at the mission timer and frowns. "Don't want to breed the idea of peace, do they?" She'll just have to find a way to deal with this once she's launched.

The GN-X accelerates down and off the catapult. It's GN-Tau drive spray blood red particles in it's wake.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Sounds like a trap."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "That's what I was thinking."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, " It goes without sayin', this isn't any tea party we're going to end up having here. They intend to fight-- with a certain Paptimus Scirocco leading the mission of theirs."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "--Anyways, how can we identify whether these are legitimate Solar Furnaces or not?"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Teletha Testarossa transmits, "By taking one."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Michael Anderson transmits, "Would impersonating a medical vessel be constituted as a warcrime?"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "We? As in you or I? Probably can't. I'm guessing that's something Orb intel can do if we bring one in though. ...Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a crime, to abuse non-combatant status like that. If you can prove it."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Quattro Bageena transmits, "Such as a crime can exist in a war."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "/I/ have every intention of capturing one of those machines."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "The Man From Jupiter..."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, " Hey, bitch! If you're hearing this...I'll be keeping an eye out for you!"


After some preparation, Sarah Zabiarov makes her way into the cockpit of the Bolinoak, setting in and buckling down. The hatch shuts with a hiss, and instantly darkness becomes a wall of all that lay out before her, beyond the protective shell of her hulking green and blue Mobile Suit. Gripping the controls with a stern hand, she bites lightly on her lip before she draws in a breath.

"Lieutenant Commander Zabiarov, here. PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn, ready for launch!"

The verniers ignite, and soon the machine departs from the Dogosse Gier, sailing out into the darkness, following behind the waves of GN-X heading out. The machine moves with less 'enthusiasm' as most, seemingly coasting along and patiently approaching its destination.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Thanks. We've got Allelujah in the field as well. Hit them hard, and if possible, claim one of those GN drives."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Any GN drive seized in this battle will be claimed by Celestial Being."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "This is our problem."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "We'll see about that."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "Of course..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Not asking, and not arguing, Amuro Ray. That's how it's going to be."


/THE PAST//

Yazan Gable stares blandly at the gaping hole where a mobile suit engine once stood, lips curling into a distasteful frown. Eyes rolling over towards the technician nearby him, the (former) Titan ace leans forward, his stare dangerous.

"What the hell's the problem? Make it run!"

"W-we can't," exclaims the technician, nervously. "The power source is -- it's not anything we have available right now! The mobile suit isn't compatible with-- URK!"

"Y'know what? My -mood- isn't compatible with not squeezing all the oxygen outta your scrawny lungs, so it looks like we're at an..." Yazan's gaze drifts to a holoscreen just beyond, with Paptimus Scirocco introducing his new mobile suits. He blinks... and smirks.

"... im...passe. Heh."


/THE PRESENT//

Yazan Gable shoves on his pilot suit's helmet with a practiced ease as he slides into the cockpit of his machine. The controls rise up to him as the panoramic viewscreen flashes online. He frowns, poking idly at the controls. "Hrn. Sorta different from what I'm used to..." His head leans forward, his smile becoming increasingly more dangerous.

"... but that's just what makes it more fun, RIGHT?! Yazan Gable -- going to kill spacenoids! HAH!"

A second later, sparkling crimson particles spray forward from the launch deck of the Dogosse Gier, trailing behind the deployments of the mass amount of GN-X's. Yet, despite the similar particles, there is something distinctly different about this machine. The design, the make -- the distinctive 'V'-shaped fin. How could it be anything other than...?


<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "GN Drive, huh...?"


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, " That said, I'm not sure how secure the frequencies are outside of CB, they know we plan to secure one. AHAHAHA, so much more fun this way."


<Radio> Tightbeam from Paptimus Scirocco says, "Celestial Being's strategist... correct?"


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Hmmh."


The elevator dings and the doors slide open. Amuro Ray dashes out into the hallway, expensive patent leather shoes squeaking on the polished floors of the space station, Haro bounding along behind him. The pilot takes a sharp corner into the hangar and just keeps skidding across the floor, because dress shoes don't have a decent grip. "Whoaaaaaaa!" he cries, grabbing hold of a solid-looking mechanic. "Whew. Thanks."

The mechanic grunts. Amuro Ray looks around, trying to find something in which to sortie. The Zeta Plus is back on Earth. The Dijeh's under some tarp. The Gundam is in mothballs. On the edge of despair, he finally notices...

"Ugh," he groans, pulling off his tie and jacket and stepping into a giant black hand. "Like the guy in the 23,000 space dollar suit is going to pilot a /Rick Dias/."

Ten seconds later, the Rick Dias launches into space. "Amuro Ray... Rick Dias... launching!"


Normally, Rocket would probably still be in La Gias at this point. However, wanderlust and curiosity drew him back to Earth, and from there, here - to the space station which has become the center of attention tonight, and the name of which he's still trying to get right. And when the EFA shows up ...

Well, let's call it a good thing that there's enough atmosphere inside the colony for the sound of a flute to carry, and to summon the Schleiman Tank. Getting outside in the Schleiman is tricky, but a generous load of Chimera Wings has been known to solve all kinds of maneuverability problems when properly guided.

So, there is now a giant slime-shaped mobile fortress of a tank trundling across the exterior 'hull' of Ame-no-Mihashira, with Rocket and a handful of former Plob guard robots ready to start chucking ammo into the cannons, once EFA machines get close enough for Rocket to figure they can be shot at. Of course, slime logic being what it is, if anyone gets close enough to shoot at the Schleiman Tank, Rocket's going to consider that the cue to return fire in kind ...


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rocket transmits, ".... wow. GREAT view from out here."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "Yes, it is."


Irm flies into formation and the gathered pilots of the GN-X's, taking his customary position at the front of the pack because well Irm's a Grungust pilot and you don't pilot a Grungust without having decent sized balls and a fair amount of pachone. So Irm Kazahara has absolutely no problem with charging into the front lines with a test unit whose drives we can't possible lose to the enemy.

"Alright guys, lets go! Quagmire-1 leading the formation forward!"

The tau drive on the back of the GN-X flares red basting the space behind Irm's official new Partner in ass whooping as it hurtles forward through the void of nothingness we call space as it leads the charge, a Rick Dias flies into Irm's path. Irm quickly refamiliarizes himself with the GN-X's weapons as he rolls out the Defense Rod and takes a swing at the Rick Dias that Amuro Ray is piloting, attempting to crack it over the head.

"Hey man, I totally dig the classic outfit!" Irm says good naturedly as the Rod is incoming.


Alia falls in with Orb's general side of the fight in good order, looking over the various machines. Seeing a green Rick Dias makes her rather quiet and reserved for a few seconds, and this isn't helped by watching another Rick Dias join that one. A sharp head-shake sobers her up, eyes settling on the multiple GN particle trails approaching. "Disable one, huh... well, fine." Zefholm accelerates to meet them head on, Alia picking out one of several identical GN-Xs. Meiya's GN-X, though she's unaware of who's in there at the moment. A simple cry of "Go, Caloric Missile!" conjures up a light-green bolt of energy that flies through open space on a high-speed collision course. If it hits, the magical energy will detonate, trying to blast the GN-X's hip.


COMBAT: Irm Kazahara has attacked Amuro Ray. GN Defense Rod added to their queue.

COMBAT: Alia Winchester has attacked Meiya Mitsurugi. Caloric Missile added to their queue.


The Dogosse Gier is chilling, the flagship doing its thing when everything goes a litte pear-shaped.

Or, perhaps, more like Gold Frame-shaped, as it appears out of nowhere, the Mirage Colloid system disengaging moments before the mobile suit strikes for the rear of the craft, aiming for the engine systems with its dual sabers. "Cut off the head," Ghina comments, "And the rest will follow."

Paptimus will probably want to do something about that.


Ivy Starbuck's GX breaks away from the formation early. She's crazy; she guns the engine about as hard as it can be gunned, accelerating recklessly into Orb-controlled space. She doesn't dodge so much as smack shots with her knives; surprisingly, this seems to work reasonably well, although not perfectly.

"Ha ha ha!" Ivy roars into her radio, as she swerves toward the Kusanagi's deployment zone. "Come out! Come out and fight or I'll just go through every one of you! Hiding is not the warrior's way!"


The Kusanagi draws ever nearer -- and at last, the bays start opening up. Unfortunately, most of what pours out... is Nemos. Nemos were designed to kill the GM II. They were not designed to kill the GN-X. This is not going to go well... though it'd be more worrisome if they weren't joined by the last unit to pour out: the Strike Rouge, in Aile configuration. The high-mobility unit rolls out of the hangar, and the Princess draws both of its primary weapons in short enough order, switching the shield to an arm-mounted position.

"Okay," she says, looking out on the horde of GN-X and their... ace-type counterparts. "You can do it, Cagalli. Just focus." The enormous burst of red particles behind the EFA force is... intimidating. It looks -- wrong.


COMBAT: Alia Winchester has struck a glancing hit on Meiya Mitsurugi's GNX-603T GN-X using Caloric Missile.


Yeah, complain away, Amuro. Some people have to live like this! Jerk.

People like Lyle.

With everything ready to go and the bad guys pretty much on top of them, Lyle settles forward at the controls of his green Rick Dias, getting the signal to launch. "Lyle Dylandy, Rick Dias... Here goes nothing!" the laid-back Irish pilot says, because it's traditional, and then he's getting shot out into space, where all the action is. Of course, things being as they are, Lyle hangs back a bit, looking for a good target; he's not about to just go charging in guns blazing. Not... Not /yet/, anyway.


The Princess decides to take the initiative, though, in spite of it; nothing ever got accomplished sitting in the back and panicking, after all. Igniting her beam saber, she speeds in toward a random GN-X, picking the one that seems to be heading closest to the Kusanagi.

"Is that all you want, some big stupid fight?!" Cagalli shouts, boosting forward. "-- Fine, then! I'll give you exactly what you want!" She comes in for what looks like a kick at first, but quickly changes the orientation of the Rouge; it ends up in a somewhat irregular beam saber slash, designed to take out one of the legs.


COMBAT: Irm Kazahara has missed Amuro Ray with his GN Defense Rod attack.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has attacked Ivy Starbuck. Beam Saber added to their queue.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has missed Ivy Starbuck with her Beam Saber attack.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has missed Cagalli Yula Athha with her Steel Knife counter attack.


The Zeta Gundam launches from one of the foremost tubes, plunging into the inky black of space and shifting into its Waverider mode as it rockets forward to meet with the enemy. "What the--" Camille grunts, watching the Nemos flood out. "This is going to be bad...." he hisses, before he accelerates--

The Waverider rushes to the head of the forces, a dreaded cavalier taking the field, pulling into a pole position. "Everyone! The AEUG forces will take point. Remember -- even if you're used to watching for attacks from beneath and above on Earth, everyone in space is fighting on their own axis! You've got to think like a spacenoid! Use every inch of your cockpit display--"

The Waverider opens fire, racing into battle, recklessly pulling ahead of the main block of responding pilots.


COMBAT: Camille Bidan has attacked Sarah Zabiarov. Heavy Beam Rifle added to their queue.


"Green Turtle, breaking formation! Engaging Orb!" David grins madly, the GN-X jinking rapidly from side to side as he tests out the responsiveness of the unit. This...is nothing like any other unit he's piloted. It's incredible! Now, he just needs a good target! The GN-X accelerates, taking a wide arc as it targets a unit in particular.

"Alright, let's see what this new mobile suit can do!" David is raring to go, the GN Beam Rifle raising and firing almost immediately, a few well-placed shots aimed at the ST Falcon to get him used to the weapons systems. Surely that thing can't possibly match the GN-X's power!


COMBAT: David Churchill has attacked Michael Anderson. GN Beam Rifle added to their queue.


Russel Bagman spots a Slaughter Dagger, and speeds up his new machine. Red particles trail behind it, Russel presses it hard trying to get a good chance for first strike in on his chosen target. The GN-X brings up its rifle as it closes in, the sounds of a target lock sounds. "Octo-2 engaging!" Red beams dart across the void as Russel closes in on the other machine.

The new machine is fast, very fast about as fast as the GM Light Armor or even boardering Orbital Frames in terms of raw speed. The pilot's style is nothing to write home about but it speaks of experiance, this pilot's a vetran for sure but the green paint job? An Ace but the question is what sort, was it one born of hunting Devil Gundam army troops or others? That will be unknown untill the battle is joined.


COMBAT: Russel Bagman has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: David Churchill has struck a major critical hit on Michael Anderson's ST Falcon using GN Beam Rifle.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has counter attacked for a solid hit on David Churchill's GNX-603T GN-X using Energy Bolt.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has attacked Rondo Mina Sahaku. GN Beam Rifle added to their queue.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has activated a spirit command.


Meiya frowns at the sight of the GN-Xs ahead of her. The trail of blood red particles is unnerving slightly "It's just like those other three." she was distracted by her mussings, and almost didn't notice the bolt of energy from Alia's machine. Meiya jukes hard to the right, just barely avoiding the explosion as it burns off layers of armor, but without serious damage.

"Tch... too late now." She dives her GN-X at the Zafholm, and snatches out the hilt of the GN Beam saber, activating the blood red blade as she passes Alia for a quick slice.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "This is going to be bad -- these Nemos can't keep up with their MPs! Pull them back-- I'm going to push through the line and take out their capitol ships! That should scramble their formation..."


COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has attacked Alia Winchester. GN Beam Saber added to their queue.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has struck a solid critical hit on Sarah Zabiarov's PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn using Heavy Beam Rifle.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has missed Rondo Mina Sahaku with his GN Beam Rifle attack.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "Attempting to disable the Dogosse Gier."


COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has missed Alia Winchester with her GN Beam Saber attack.


Ivy Starbuck swerves almost painfully sharply, rolling her GN-X to the side and ducking down with one of the steel knives. This is not entirely a winning proposition; she does hold off the beam saber with the weapon, but the knife starts to go red, then white as the beam coat is badly overcharged.

Ivy throws the half-melting weapon at Cagalli's face while she circles around, using her machine's surprising maneuverability. "Of course I want to fight!" she booms, pressing close, trying to give the Aile less room to maneuver. "Why wouldn't I? It's the best challenge in the world!"


COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has attacked Cagalli Yula Athha. Melting Steel Knife added to their queue.


As the battle erupts, Sumeragi Lee Noriega can only keep the Ptolemaios afloat in space -- though big and fat, it is not a very, shall we say, 'offensive' ship. So the tactical forecaster can't do much other than collate data for now, eyes darting from screen to screen, watching hell unfold around her. ".../red/ particles," she murmurs, staring at one of the screens meaningfully. "Damn those Trinities..."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "An excellent idea."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Quattro Bageena transmits, "Good luck..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "Also, have the Nemo squads fall back to Ame-no-Mihashira's defense lines. They can receive support from the station's M1As."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "Understood."


COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has struck a glancing hit on Cagalli Yula Athha's Aile Strike Rouge using Melting Steel Knife.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has missed Ivy Starbuck with her Head Vulcans counter attack.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "Fighting on this scale, so soon after..."


Alia meets the GN blade with the axe-head of Zefholm's halberd, spinning and thrusting backwards with a spray of light-blue particles, trying to avoid any secondary slash Meiya might attempt. "Seems like any other mobile suit to me, so far. What's so special about this thing?" The Wind Elemental's wings furl open as Alia begins climbing (relative to Meiya's GN-X), aiming down at her. A simple shout causes six green energy rays to shoot out from the gems in those wings, trying to hit a spread of locations on the GN-X.


COMBAT: Alia Winchester has attacked Meiya Mitsurugi. Wing Beams added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rocket transmits, "Support? You mean, like cover fire?"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "I'm not surprised! The Federation has really gone downhill..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Quattro Bageena transmits, "The war is intended to be perpetual."


Then suddenly, from nowhere--

The Bolinoak is struck from the side, the hulking green machine shuddering in response. Within, the young pilot lets out a startled yelp as her controls flash, displaying the damage location. A small frown edges its way across her features, brows knitting. So soon? Swiveling around, the girl catches sight of the Zeta as it recklessly plows about.

But she doesn't retaliate against it; instead, the girl kicks up the verniers and pilots ahead, moving past a few GN-X units toward a lone Rick Dias sitting around doing nothing. She has her destination in mind, and Zeta won't stop her--neither will the lone Dias. So, from within the large shield on its arm the unit grips onto what seems like a pole--which, upon being withdrawn, ignites with beam energy, forming a tomahawk-like weapon. And without letting up on the throttle, she barrels for the Rick Dias, intent on cleaving into its armor with her weapon.


COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has attacked Lyle Dylandy. Beam Tomahawk added to their queue.


"Anubis? Shut up, this is nothing like that!" comes a voice screaming at Leo Stenbuck over the comm as another in the long list of GN-X's roars out of the Dogosse Gier. Isamu Dyson, expert Test Pilot assigned to Project Supernova, received special compensation from the Federation Admiralty to be one of the lucky 30 pilots of the experimental GN-X. And he's pumped. He loves to sink his teeth into a new ride. He loves to get dirty with a new way of flying. And space, in a live battle, that's the perfect testing ground.

"Leo, LET'S GOOOOO!" Dyson roars, his GN-X spilling red particles out as it cuts into the fray -- shooting past any of the more cautious Federation pilots. Dyson's GN Beam Rifle lights up, spitting errant red particle blasts into the swirling nexus of chaotic battle. He starts cutting across the grain, his verniers bursting with red light, moving like a frenzied maniac. "Come on, X, show me a little of bit of what you got!"


The ST Falcon surges forward into battle, it's variable charge beam rifle ready and fully charged, "Target is coming into range partner, be read-JESUS!" In mid sentance, and beam sears out to slam into the ST's left shoulder, melting away armor, "This accurate, from that range?! Better step up partner!"

Cero is already a step ahead of Michael, sighting the GN-X in his sight before unleashing a bolt of energy at the distant machine, and the ST Falcon soon starts to take evasive maneuvers to make itself more difficult to hit, "Scanning target... tch, those particles are making it difficult to get a good reading. I'm sending you what data I can partner!"

Technical data, albeit incomplete, begins to scroll across Cero's screen, indicating possible weak points in the new machine's frame and it's capabilities. With this information at hand, he selects his firing mode and 'paints' the parget with an invisible beam to give it an electromagnetic charge. Then the beam rifle switches automatically to the opposite charge, and unleashes four bolts that streak in and curve towards David.


COMBAT: Alia Winchester has struck a major hit on Meiya Mitsurugi's GNX-603T GN-X using Wing Beams.

COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has counter attacked for a minor hit on Alia Winchester's Zefholm using GN Defense Rod.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has attacked David Churchill. Homing Shot added to their queue.

COMBAT: David Churchill has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has struck a solid hit on David Churchill's GNX-603T GN-X using Homing Shot.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has missed Lyle Dylandy with her Beam Tomahawk attack.


Laughing boisterously, Yazan Gable twists on the controls of his Gundam, letting the crimson machine spiral chaotically through the deep vaccuum of space as the Astraea rapidly advances upon the Orb forces. Eyes darting from target to target, he frowns, clenching tighter on his controls.

"Nothing--" Twin beam sabers rip forward and spark into crackling, super-condensed blood-red blades as the Gundam Astraea Type F /blows/ past a pair of Nemos, cutting them straight in half. "--but /trash/! Tch! C'mon... let's have something fun--" And then, distantly, the man makes note of the massive ship in the background, spewing those pretty green particles. His eyes widen, lips splitting in a broad grin.

"Heh. Well, wouldja look at that--"

Unholstering the Gundam's beam saber, Yazan advances swiftly upon the Celestial Being Ptolomaios, setting it squarely in his sights. Grinning with sadistic glee, Yazan presses a button on his controls... and sudden bolts of crimson energy fire off in a heavy rain against the helpless Ptolomaios.

"-- nothing better than a sitting duck! Ha ha ha!"


COMBAT: Yazan Gable has attacked Sumeragi Lee Noriega. Beam Rifle added to their queue.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, "That.../THAT/...THAT IS MY GUNDAM!"


The Rick Dias soars magnificently out into space, showcasing the best in last generation's mass-production mobile suit technology. Wing binders flare, taking it in a zig then in a zag to work out the kinks and blow the dust off the seldom-used machine. "This must be from the batch we sold Ame-no-Mihashira last year," Amuro Ray muses. "Still in mint condit-- woah!"

The GN-X comes out of nowhere, essentially invisible to the Dias' anemic sensor suite. The defense rod spins and sparks as it swings for the red rocket, but Amuro Ray is /just/ able to get out of the way. "Tch... too close!" he breathes, doing a space cartwheel. "Man, that surprised me. I wish I'd used the washroom before I came out here..." he mutters, casting around for a normal suit or at least an empty bottle, just in case. Not finding one, he frowns deeply. "Fine! Why don't I just take a whiz right through my 14,000 space dollar pair of pants! Come /ON/!"

He'll just have to hold it in, because right now he's got an enemy in his sights. And that enemy is wearing a backpack even more precious than Amuro Ray's 36,000 space dollar suit. "Not so fast!" he shouts, spinning upside-down to align the back-mounted beam pistols on the GN-X. Each one fires out a red blast in a slightly different direction, aiming to herd the pilot right into the second shot.


COMBAT: Amuro Ray has attacked Irm Kazahara. Twin Beam Pistols added to their queue.


With the Dogosse Gier under sudden attack, klaxons and all kinds of fun red lights emerge. Two crewmen in the lower decks take it as a sign to stop working and start dancing, but it's great that they're not played characters or there'd be a problem. One of the engines may suffer damage, but Rondo Ghina Sahaku is about to have other problems.

Gold problems, in fact.

It's amazing how fast a unit as simply large and bulky as The O proves to be. With an astounding fifty, count them fifty, verniers thrusting the impressively large unit forward, it's on the Astray Gold Frame like a streak of gold, quite literally seeking to simply knock the offending unit well away with a well-placed shoulder charge.

"You think your stealth technology a match for what I bring to the table?" Paptimus Scirocco questions with scorn from the cockpit of The O, still within his Admiral's uniform instead of a flight suit.


COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has activated a spirit command.


"So what?!" Cagalli counters, as she fires on the knife with her vulcans; it's not a perfect defense but it keeps it from doing more than scraping across the Rouge. "Life's not just about fighting! If all you want out of life is to challenge people to fights, to hurt people, then --!" The Princess cuts off, trying to refocus.

Her fighting style shifts a little as she realizes her opponent has some talent for close-quarters battle; using the Aile's superior mobility, she pulls back away, drawing her rifle. She fires two quick shots at either side of Ivy's GN-X, trying to box her in before the /real/ shot, aimed right for the machine's head. It may not actually /hit/ the head, but...


COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has attacked Ivy Starbuck. Trick Shot added to their queue.


The gold-and-black Slaughter Dagger with the big, big sword on its back comes to a halt, several dozen meters out from the station. It's followed by a squad of M1A Astrays, which fan out behind it; on either side of that squad is another squad, and another. Basically, there's a whole line of M1As with sniper beam rifles behind the Dagger, setting up a defensive perimeter to guard Ame-no-Mihashira.

It's a space /fortress/ for a reason.

After giving instructions to her people over the radio, along with the Kusanagi's mobile suits (because she's bossy like that), Mina urges her mobile suit into motion towards the Dogosse Gier. Her intent is to go help someone disable the ship, so that one Mister Scirocco can enjoy their hospitality.

Those plans are cut short when a red beam full of GN Particles streaks towards her mobile suit from off to the side as Russel closes in on her. Reacting without a second thought, the Dagger moves to the left suddenly, its right arm raising towards the GN-X as the Panzer Eisen mounted on the arm launches. She wanted to get ahold of one of those suits anyways, and now...

Well, she might /literally/ get ahold of it, if the Panzer Eisen manages to strike and clamp down on the GN-X's leg.


COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has attacked Russel Bagman. Panzer Eisen Rocket Anchor added to their queue.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has struck Sumeragi Lee Noriega with a minor hit using Beam Rifle!


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Ungh-- then how about you come take it back?!"


COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has missed Ivy Starbuck with her Trick Shot attack.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has counter attacked for a minor hit on Cagalli Yula Athha's Aile Strike Rouge using GN Beam Rifle.


"Hah! This thing is /goo-" David's gloating is cut off by the sudden impact of an energy shot slamming into the torso of the GN-X. But...although it damages, it doesn't destroy. "Wow! This thing isn't so bad after all! I could /like/ this!" And then..homing shots?! David doesn't even try to evade. Instinct, maybe, from his usual choice of ride. The GN-X continues moving at high speed, true, but rather than take evasive action the arms cross over each other, trying to shield the main body. The homing beams...remind him of Jehuty a little. They slam into the arms which, although the armour is clearly damaged, don't buckle. Nimble, but not too fragile. He /really/ likes it.

Then, the GN-X bursts forward again, the long GN Beam Rifle aiming at the ST Falcon again. "Alright, you! Try this on for size, haha!" This isn't single, careful shots. This is a flurry of GN Beams lancing out at the ST Falcon, a volley of blood-red energy projectiles to tear it apart.


COMBAT: David Churchill has activated a spirit command.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, " --ck! What did he do to it?! I'm offering you support by default Ptolmaois."


COMBAT: David Churchill has attacked Michael Anderson. GN Beam Rifle Assault added to their queue.

COMBAT: Amuro Ray has struck a solid hit on Irm Kazahara's GNX-603T GN-X using Twin Beam Pistols.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has attacked Rondo Ghina Sahaku. Shoulder Crash added to their queue.

COMBAT: David Churchill has struck a major hit on Michael Anderson's ST Falcon using GN Beam Rifle Assault.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has counter attacked for a minor critical hit on David Churchill's GNX-603T GN-X using Turbo Shot.


Well, that's their ship, but... Leo's GN-X slows to a halt again, and inside the cockpit, the boy leans back in his seat, scowling. "... where's the Gundam?" He's out here for one specific reason - beyond the all-encompassing goal of 'serving the Earth and Master Paptimus - and damn if he's going to allow himself to be denied that.

Isamu's shouting pulls Leo out of his silent, vaguely sinister brooding, and his GN-X spins about, turning to watch the man as he sweeps into battle. "J-jesus, dude, don't sneak up on me like that!" he shouts after the test pilot. The shouting is, of course, unnecessary. "I'll, uh... I'll be right behind you in a little bit. I'm waiting for a special target first. Be careful!"

And so Leo's GN-X idles, a few kilometers away from the Ptolemaios, totally seperate from the fights erupting throughout the area. "Come out, come out, wherever you are..." Leo singsongs darkly, rolling his shoulders eagerly. There's no way they can resist intervening for long... especially not with Yazan going to say hello in that special Gable way.


Meiya brings around the GN defense rod, letting the computer predict the shots and psin the rod to deflect them right back at Alia - however, she is unfamilier with this defense mechanism, and the majority of the raw damage goes right through to her GN-X "Nhh.. This isn't good. That unit is too mobile..."

The GN-X field of particles spreads out behind it, shooting it up underneath Alia's machine, a good position to strike those wrings with it's GN Beam saber.


This suit isn't familiar to Setsuna F. Seiei. He hates it for that. The fact that they have labeled it a 'Gundam' is also like a slap to his face. "This isn't Exia," he grumbles to himself, but the observers have long since stopped listening to his minor complaints. Even if he's only been sitting in the unit for all of five minutes. For weeks now, Celestial Being's Gundam Meister has been training to use a unit developed away from the team, as part of a 'goodwill' operation between the Union and the mysterious group of vigilantes.

But with the very port he's been kept in for weeks now under attack, the decision has been handed down for the unit to be launched and given a true combat run with live fire. Complete with a new system in place, an experimental one at that. Seiei doesn't mind too much. "Orders received. Will execute the plan accordingly," he transmits back to his handlers for this mission. Today, he is not truly a Gundam Meister. Today, Setsuna F. Seiei is a test pilot.

"Setsuna F. Seiei, Wing Gundam Zero, heading out!" he roars the words, slamming control shafts forward as the new unit soars out of the Space Fortress and into the cold of space, wings spreading wide as it flies forward. It promptly transforms, blazing forward in typical Seiei fashion, aiming to penetrate enemy lines and seek out a proper target; such as Isamu Dyson, next round!


COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has attacked Alia Winchester. GN Beam Saber Assault added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku, somewhat distractedly, "Yes, that is exactly what I meant..." Pause for a few seconds. "... Rocky?"


COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has struck a major critical hit on Rondo Ghina Sahaku's Astray Gold Frame Amatu using Shoulder Crash.


...Aw, not cool. As the Bolinoak keeps on going despite the attack from the Zeta Gundam, Lyle finds himself looking right at the oncoming unit... And its big ol' tomahawk. "Tch, as if!" Lyle mutters, maneuvering his distinctive green Rick Dias around the dangerous slash with a sudden burst of thrusters to the side. Trying to keep his distance between himself and the oncoming unit, Lyle squints one eye shut, likewise reaching for the two beam pistols mounted on the MS's recharge rack. If he's got to have his dance parter chosen /for/ him like that, well, he'll just have to show them who they're messing with, won't he?

Aiming both pistols directly at the Bolinoak, Lyle squeezes off a qucick series of shots, adjusting his aim carefully in order to catch his attacker despite all the speed Sarah is using, while hoping to avoid any counterattack.


COMBAT: Alia Winchester has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has missed Alia Winchester with her GN Beam Saber Assault attack.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has attacked Sarah Zabiarov. Twin Beam Pistols added to their queue.


The massive Ptolemaios is protected by its GN Field; a shimmering mass of particles not only renders it obscured through traditional sensors, but offers a formidable defense against most assaults. Of course, when GN meets GN, shit gets real.

Such is the case with the Ptolemaios right now. As Yazan Gable's blasts fly toward it, they impact the GN Field with an electric crackle, discharge arcing upward like solar flares. The ship is rocked, tilting slightly as it tries to sirsumvrent the incoming Gundam deathmachine. "Dammit!" Sumeragi Lee Noriega shouts on the bridge as the zero-gravity room suddenly goes diagonal, gripping the top of her chair to keep from falling into a wall or a screen. "Spark, you better get here fast..."


COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has struck a solid hit on Sarah Zabiarov's PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn using Twin Beam Pistols.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "Hmm... A powerful foe. Perhaps..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Anyone have an ID on that yellow suit?"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "Hm. That unit..."


As the battle gets underway, The Trio of GMs begin to spread out to cover a wider range from the ship. Each of the pilots begins to admire the capabilities of the GN-X, each of them continuing to monitor the battle from their main cameras. "Wow! Did you see that?" transmits one of the pilots as another breaks in, "Yeah! Those suits! They appear to be keeping up with the Orb Forces!"

The third pilot continues to remain to himself, not getting involved in the other twos little fandom moment but his gaze raises up as the Gundam Astraea Type F flies by. Watching the suit pass by and head into combat, the GM Custom pilot transmits back to the ship, "Captain, Ray reporting."

The "Mercy" transmits back, "Go ahead, GM II. You are live."

Ray continues, "Captain, in addition to the regularly mentioned suits we were advised about, I seem to have noticed a new suit on the field.. It looks like another Gundam.. Highly advanced. Does our passenger have any knowledge of this suit?"

Captain Tams looks back at Rain as Ray asks the question to which Rain replies with the shake of her heard, "I have not heard of any new suits being deployed.. Even if I had though I wouldn't be able to elaborate on that due to my status with the EFA. Im sorry."

Captain Tams nods, "I understand. Did you catch that, Ray?" "Understood, Captain." "Good. please continues to monitor the borders and keep an eye out for downed suits. Once they start piling up, we can start earning what we came here to do.", finishes the Captain, whom weaves his hands together before leaning forward and thinking to himself . o O (Is this bloodbath really going to teach us anything?)


The dark blue gundam moved, the GN Drive behind it powering up with a flurry of green particles drifting about it like a shroud. Several sensors continued to compile data from all that was occuring in the area, collating and sending what it needed to the Ptolemy as accessory information. Active participation was low on the order list, but the pilot had seen something he couldn't let slide. Infact, his voice ranted a bit within and the haro stared back impassively at the irate blond. "What the shit is all of that tacky crap stuck onto it?! The Astraea was beautiful before but there's no accounting for a lack of bedamned taste in these Titan people. Hanayo, I'm going to pick it apart till all that remains is what should /be/ there. It's all your fault anyways for cutting me off till the fight was finished!" His eyes virtually smoldered, adding to its red hue.

Bringing the massive revolver around, he kicked off from the outer surface, already bringing up the Yazan-piloted F-unit on the screen. "But first, I'm going to say fucking hello..." And this time, there'd be no interruptions! Maybe. It still chafed how he'd had to deal with Eco pointing out his failure as a pilot and a Meister. Infact, punching him while being dragged off to the medbay may have been why they'd been so reluctant to let him out of the brig once he'd been bandaged up... He still had a few stiches from where he'd been cut, the bruises and shallow burns already tucked away and mostly healed beneath his suit.

He was going to enjoy this, the silent 'clack' of ammunition lining up was unheard in the silence of space...but the explosion of force behind the projectile that was showered from the revolver-- refused to be easily dismissed.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "It may be a match for the Amatu, brother."


COMBAT: Fon Spark has activated a spirit command.


Ivy likes her straightforward combat, and very little is more straightforward than hitting somebody in the face with a great big metal bar.

That does not mean that she can't fight at a distance, though. When Cagalli pulls back, Ivy puts the other knife back on its magnetic clip, pulling out the beam rifle; she fires a stream of red bolts down at Cagalli, playing chicken with Cag's own shot and jerking to the side at barely the last instant. The trick shot goes about two inches past the side of Ivy's GN-X's head.

Ivy guns the engines again, approaching Cagalli's machine. She literally rolls around the rifle as an axis, continuing to fire straight while she makes herself a slightly harder target to hit. "Fighting is where I really feel alive! And you do, too! Admit it!"


COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has attacked Cagalli Yula Athha. GN Beam Rifle Maneuver added to their queue.


In space, no one can hear you scream.

Or shout at the top of your lungs.

"HEEEEEEEEEY! HOW DO I GET DOWN FROM HEEEEEERE!!" calls Jiron, cupping his hands around his mouth and waving frantically from the cockpit of Xabungle at one of the GN-X's closing in. He doesn't seem to realize that from the outside, nobody can hear him. Jiron has not yet grasped the concept of a place that is absolutely silent, or one that there is no air in.

Which is why he hits the switch to open the windshield. The gears make a noise that Jiron interprets as 'rebellious,' so he hits the switch /harder/. Predictably, all this does is make his finger hurt, and Xabungle 2 proves once more that it is smarter than it's pilot when it doesn't even have something that thinks inside.

And so, the blue robot continues to cling to the mangled door. It 'surfs' through space, beginning to pass near the Ptolemaios and ending up in the midst of the combat. Jiron watches the bizarre lights all around him, trying to figure out what they're up to and where he's going.


COMBAT: Fon Spark has attacked Yazan Gable. Revolver Bazooka Explosive Round added to their queue.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has struck a solid hit on Russel Bagman's GNX-603T GN-X using Panzer Eisen Rocket Anchor.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has counter attacked for a minor hit on Rondo Mina Sahaku's Sword Slaughter Dagger using GN Vulcans.


The Rick Dias piloted by the Dylandy twin is swifter than Sarah had bargained for.

Struck, the Bolinoak again shudders, the machine repelled back by the force of the shots fired, its armor smoking and damaged. Within, the girl is forced to hurriedly brace herself, impact enough to cause the unit to toss her about in the pilot's seat. After a moment, she shakes her head and grips firmly to her controls.

"A-ah, you're good," the girl transmits to the Dias' pilot. But her lips twitch, a faint smirk edging its way over her mouth. "I won't underestimate you!"

The Bolinoak drops another length of steel from its mounted shield, taking another weapon in hand. Both ignite with energy, flaring up intensely as she swiftly moves forward. Lifting them high, the pilot aims to direct her in bringing both arms of her Bolinoak down, to stab BOTH sabers into the Rick Dias' armor.


COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has attacked Lyle Dylandy. Dual Beam Sabers added to their queue.


Cero focuses as the GN-X returns fire with it's barrage, finely honed instincts kicking in as he instantly draws a bead on the GN particle blasts and unleashes a burst of turbo shots to intercept and disperse them.

Only when the beams meet, the turno shots /explode/ on contact, and the GN beam fire races through to strike the ST Falcon, "What?! No effect?! Damnit!" The ST Falcon begins to pull back towards the station, hoping to draw it's opponent in, "It's no good partner! We can't fight on equal terms if we're handicapping ourselves by shooting to disable. Cut loose and take that thing /DOWN/!"

"Understood," Cer replies, showing just how serious the situation is. He rarely, if /ever/ speaks in combat unless it's either nessessary or shit gets real. His mind instantly recalls the sketchy details of the GN-X scan and selects one of the probable weak points it it's frame: The area just above the mobile suit's leg assembly and just under the cockpit. With this spot firmly in his sights, he opens fire. His intent...

To Kill.


COMBAT: Michael Anderson has attacked David Churchill. Energy Bolt - Pinpoint Shot added to their queue.


Alia winces as the rod sends a little of her energy back at her, glancing Zefholm's leg, but she maintains enough focus to send her machine thruster-lunging off to the side, out of the GN-X's path, halberd twirling to fend off any additional attempts to get at the wings. "Some super machine... are they really that worried about this thing? It's not a bad design, I can tell, but this is nothing special." The white elemental machine applies another sudden burst of backward thrust to get some distance and thrusts its left palm forward, a wide circle of pink prana energy forming; 'magical rune' designs can be seen along it.

"Radiaaaant," Zefholm's hand moves to follow any movements Meiya may attempt, "Buster!" With that, the circle gains quite some length as it streams across space, intending to slam into Meiya's machine in the form of a thick beam aiming for the legs.


COMBAT: Alia Winchester has attacked Meiya Mitsurugi. Radiant Buster added to their queue.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has struck a solid hit on David Churchill's GNX-603T GN-X using Energy Bolt - Pinpoint Shot.


The O slams into the Gold Frame with a shriek of twisting metal, the mecha only having enough time to bring its Phase Shielded arm up to take a portion of the impact. It spins back into space, but the mecha reacts instantly, pulling itself back under control with a fluid grace. Ghina looks upon the craft with a small frown. This is a problem indeed. To react so quickly... "No... but it is hardly my only asset." Rondo replies, before leveling its Trikeros Beam Rifle and firing twice, long beams scorching past The O... but that's only a distraction, for Ghina to maneuver around behind the mecha. The long cowl that hangs off the back of the Gold Frame snaps forward, clamping down for an exposed section of the craft before it surges, beginning to rip the power away from the machine. "This battle has only just begun."


COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has attacked Paptimus Scirocco. Maga-no-Ikutachi added to their queue.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has struck a major hit on Yazan Gable's Gundam Astrea Type F using Revolver Bazooka Explosive Round.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has struck a glancing hit on Cagalli Yula Athha's Aile Strike Rouge using GN Beam Rifle Maneuver.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has missed Lyle Dylandy with her Dual Beam Sabers attack.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Michael Anderson transmits, "Shit! These things are just as maneuverable as the Falcon!"


COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has missed Paptimus Scirocco with his Maga-no-Ikutachi attack.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has missed Rondo Ghina Sahaku with his Hidden Hand Slap counter attack.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "Even Aile's having a rough time of it..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "Having trouble? I can help you, just give me the word!"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "This pilot doesn't even seem like she knows how to defend herself, but I can't get a hand on her!"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Lyle Dylandy transmits, "...Ah, I think she likes me."


Isamu's GN-X spins its way through the various circular space battles being waged around him, peppering errant energy fire at Orb Union Mobile Suits as he can. He's looking to get closer to the primary target; hoping that he can actually contribute to the mission properly. He's an awesome dogfighter, but he wants the credit, for once. He wants to show all those shmucks who think he's just a great Test Pilot that he can lay the hammer on the battlefield just as well.

Something launched from the facility. Isamu's blue eyes narrow through his helmet, squinting at the figure. He doesn't recognize it. "Could they have their own new unit?" he wonders to himself. "But -- we can't be /that/ far behind these Orb Union freaks!" He slams the hammer down, pushing the GN-X's thrusters to the limit.

"HEY, YOU!" Dyson roars over the communications, using the GN-X's Beam Rifle to send a few suppressive blasts at the Wing Gundam Zero to keep it close to the colony. "I don't give a shit who or what you are, you're not in the database! I'm taking you off this battlefield before you ever pass from proto to type!"

Skirt-thrusters yawning open, the GN-X abruptly stops its forward thrust in mid-space and starts shooting up on the vertical. Dyson uses it to strafe the Gundam, red bolts cracking from his Tau Drive-powered rifle.


The GN-X is quite noticable however for a veteral pilot such as Amuro Ray for it's exquisite crome mirror finish and the bright flashing red drive that's blazing out the back of the GN-X. You know, a really, really subtle new toy that doesn't draw any attention from pilots at all. But whatever, Irm's following orders and he's flying out here to punch some Orbies. Irm swings the defense rod backhand at the Rick Dias whiffing through space as his sparking shield-hand passes through the space Amuro's Rick Dias was at a moment ago.

"Man," Irm says as he watches the Rick Dias cartwheel away through space -- he's Amuro Ray he can do that -- and he sets the left arm out as the Rick Dias counter attacks. Irm ain't much of a dodger but the man can take a hit, as the Rick Dias blasts away at him Irm shifts the GN-X angling the blasts towards the heaviest armoured plates as he lifts the Defense Rod, the crome finish chipping as Irm deflects one bullet even as the GN-X is driven into the next shot.

"Yeah surprise attacks always suck, bro, I remember one time my girlfriend got lipstick on my helmet. Wasn't cool," Irm reaches down to the shiny new mechs waist and draws a beam sword also flashing bright red and points it at the Rick Dias. He looks out at the stars and can't see any two particular ones and shrugs before flying directly at the Rick Dias attempting to slash it across the chest.


COMBAT: Isamu Dyson has attacked Setsuna F. Seiei. GN Beam Rifle added to their queue.


The Waverider punches through the line of Federation pilots -- /without/ taking fire. There are hostile Mobile Suits in every direction, but so far, so good; the Zeta is either too fast, or too scary for the regular forces, and the EFA aces are all occupied by OU aces. Camille accelerates, pressing the Waverider's thrusters as hard as they'll go as it begins to close in on its target--

The Dogosse Gier.

The Waverider snaps apart, expanding and closing on the flagship, readying itself to deliver a flurry of pinpoint shots -- for the bridge.


COMBAT: Irm Kazahara has attacked Amuro Ray. GN Beam Saber added to their queue.

Camille Bidan's Zeta Gundam transforms into its Zeta Gundam mode.

COMBAT: David Churchill has activated a spirit command.


The Princess weaves through the beam rifle fire, closing in yet again; the back-and-forth, in-and-out rhythm of the fight is starting to feel more routine. She seems to finally have a handle on it. "You don't know the first thing about me!" she shouts, keeping the rifle as the obvious source of potential damage.

This isn't the case. The beam saber comes up when she's mere inches away from the GN-X, and the Princess sets to work. Bringing the saber up in a slash, she says, "Maybe I don't mind fighting when I'm in the thick of it -- but if it'd break the cycle of endless war, I'd give it up in a heartbeat!" She follows up with a kick, then two more hard slashes at the GN-X; she then finishes with a wordless cry and a stab right for the machine's defense rod.


COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has attacked Ivy Starbuck. Beam Saber Assault added to their queue.


Bastion watches the Waverider break through the lines, the Alba slowly detatching from his ship, and moving with all of it's thruster power to try and break through and intercept it. The Alba's unit suddenly drives forward, it's sword punching forward and attempting to attack, by simply shoving a piece of steal through the waverider.

The Alba would slowly spin around, drawling the blade out as fire started to errupt from the core of the unit.

"You will be fighting me today!"


Crimson particles crackle at the edge of the Gundam Astraea's beam rifle as it fires off round after round upon the Ptolomaios, uncaring as to the rest of the battle going on around it. Yazan doesn't care if his comrades need his help, or if people are dying around him. The sadistic glee on his face says it all:

"This is just too much damn fun--!"

But, whatever 'fun' Yazan would continue to have is abruptly cut off as those heavy explosive rounds impact against the Astraea's thick, red armor. Kinetic force goes off in a series of muted booms that rock the torso of the crimson Gundam, the force providing enough backwards momentum to /launch/ the experimental machine through the air. Snapping to the side, Yazan stares at the source -- that machine. "... Who the hell is that?" he asks, after a moment, squinting. "Y'know what? It doesn't matter."

Pulling free both beam sabers once more, the Astraea suddenly /vaults/ towards Fon's machine, attempting to simply cut through any chance of a long distance fight by /slashing/ those sabers down in an 'X'-shaped, downwards swipe.

"I don't give a damn about the names of dead losers!"


COMBAT: Alia Winchester has struck a major hit on Meiya Mitsurugi's GNX-603T GN-X using Radiant Buster.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has attacked Fon Spark. Double Beam Saber added to their queue.


Naturally, while the Master's away, the mice will play. And the mice do play, the fleet of Federation ships waging into battle against the enemy battleships, but also aiming to take what shots they can against the Fortress itself. It's a wonder they're not sporting any nukes to fire, but Scirocco has standards; and the Union has Cancellers.

"Then show me what you have," the Man from Jupiter declares, and indeed, Rondo Ghina Sahaku seeks to do just that. The two units dance in space, thrusters flaring as they attempt to get the better of one another. The two beams fire forth, and the remarkably nimble The O swings to one side, performing a barrel roll right into the path of the Gold Frame.

But it doesn't quite go to plan, as with a sudden thrust from another direction -- for this suit has entirely too many verniers -- the attempt to suck the life out of The O fails to hit the mark. And was that a third hand coming out of somewhere in case the Astray got too close?

Alerted of the approaching Zeta Gundam -- and how would he, of all people, not know it was coming? -- Scirocco briefly considers moving to intervene; but then simply opts to rely on someone else handling this particular bit of dirty work. "I am yet to be impressed," he states, as two beam sabers ignite in the cold hands of The O. Upside down compared to the Gold Frame, it streaks forward, aiming to slash right past the enemy unit with both swords.

COMBAT: Bastion has attacked Camille Bidan. Thrust added to their queue.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has attacked Rondo Ghina Sahaku. Dual Beam Sabers added to their queue.

COMBAT: Irm Kazahara has struck a major hit on Amuro Ray's Rick Dias using GN Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Isamu Dyson has missed Setsuna F. Seiei with his GN Beam Rifle attack.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has missed Ivy Starbuck with her Beam Saber Assault attack.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has missed Cagalli Yula Athha with her GN Defense Rod counter attack.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has missed Rondo Ghina Sahaku with his Dual Beam Sabers attack.


Melee combat.

Lyle... Doesn't really /like/ melee combat. It's just not where his talents lie. Managing to land several shots on the Bolinoak, Lyle's Rick Dias continues to try to maintain a set distance between the two units, the better to avoid any further close-in attacks by Zabirov's unit. Naturally, though, that's exactly what she goes for, as those two beam sabers come out, and despite his relative inexperience in zero-g combat maneuvers... Somehow, the younger Dylandy twin manages to avoid the sudden double stab, using its thrusters and the Bolinoak's own momentum to maneuver itself /behind/ the other unit. "Whoa, now... Too slow!" is the Karaba pilot's response to the transmission that he's 'good', though the split-second he takes to vocalise that thought might be just long enough for Sarah to recover herself. Careful aim is taken, before Lyle snaps off another series of quick shots from the two beam pistols, like he was auditioning for some old action movie or something.


Shi-! David realizes, again, that he isn't going to be able to evade the enemy. He recognizes this guy. Even in this new unit, he doubts he can make a serious attempt at evading his constant attacks. The few turbo shots that make it through strike the GN-X, bringing it to a sudden halt in space, just drifting forward as if surprised. And then...the followup shot punches into the gut of the nimble unit, sending it spinning head over heels. Is it disabled already?

A burst from the GN Drive rights it suddenly, then a second sustained burst sends it dashing at the ST Falcon, not quite heading straight for it. "Hey, enemy pilot! The name's David Churchill...and you damn well 'aint gonna' forget it, haha! Suck on this!" The GN-X puts on another burst of speed, hurtling straight past the ST Falcon, opening fire as it passes with a burst of GN Beams, then looping to come around again, firing all the way. Looks like he's just focusing on raw volume of firepower more than anything else.


COMBAT: Fon Spark has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: David Churchill has attacked Michael Anderson. GN Beam Rifle Maneuver added to their queue.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has activated a spirit command.


Russel Bagman turns ths head of the machine as he's grabbed on bt the Panzer Eisen, Russel's trying to get free but the he can't for the moment. He turns the machines head and beam vuclans open up on the other machine. Then the pilot swings the rifle into poostion and aims right for the other machine's head. Russel then pulls the trigger for a rapid fire burst, while trying to twist free of the Dagger!


COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has attacked Sarah Zabiarov. Twin Beam Pistols added to their queue.


With Yazan Gable's attention diverted, the Ptolemaios rights itself rather quickly. Aboard the bridge, Sumeragi Lee Noriega is in full crisis mode, managing all of the important battles, keeping an eye on the number of active GN drives on the field... and feeding tactical data on the sly via burst transmissions -- predictions the forecaster is making. Fon Spark should know his own machine, but Sumeragi figures he could use a little guidance as she types in a transmission to Hanayo, among other communiques.


COMBAT: Russel Bagman has attacked Rondo Mina Sahaku. GN Beam Rifle Assault added to their queue.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has struck a glancing hit on Fon Spark's Gundam Sadalsuud Type F using Double Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has counter attacked for a minor hit on Yazan Gable's Gundam Astrea Type F using Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Sumeragi Lee Noriega has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Sumeragi Lee Noriega has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has struck a solid hit on Sarah Zabiarov's PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn using Twin Beam Pistols.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has counter attacked for a minor hit on Lyle Dylandy's MSA-099 Rick Dias using Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: David Churchill has missed Michael Anderson with his GN Beam Rifle Maneuver attack.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has counter attacked for a solid critical hit on David Churchill's GNX-603T GN-X using Hyper Bolt.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has missed Rondo Mina Sahaku with his GN Beam Rifle Assault attack.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has counter attacked for a minor hit on Russel Bagman's GNX-603T GN-X using Midas Messer Beam Boomerang.


The sabers strike out for the Gold Fram Amatu, but Ghina simply smiles.

There is a flash, and the O's blades smash solidly into Ghina's own blades, sweeping around to crackle against each other in a repelling burst of light and sparks. Ghina simply chuckles, and spins, executing a punishing riposte with its own blades. "If your swordplay was as sharp as your tongue, perhaps I would give you a modicum of credence. For now, however, you will have to try harder than that, Paptimus Scirroco!" He strikes out, cutting in towards the central mass, before slashing upwards and boosting away.


COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has attacked Paptimus Scirocco. Dual Beam Saber added to their queue.


"A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell..." Amuro Ray responds, attempting another daring escape from the clutches of the blingin' GN-X. Unfortunately it doesn't work so well this time, as the GN beam saber hacks a whole slab of shoulder armor right off and scrapes down the torso of the Rick Dias, leaving a noticeable gouge in its red finish. "Shit," he mutters. "That sucked."

The wing binders let out a burst of nuclear blue flame, jetting the Rick Dias back and away from the fearsome new Federation mobile suit, and the White Devil has a momentary flash of what the One Year War must have been luck for the Zaku pilots of Zeon.


EIGHT YEARS AGO

Blamuro Blay, Zeon Zaku II pilot, creeps nervously out onto the field at A Baoa Qu. "S,so far so good..." he whispers. "I got away from that fat kid in the Guncannon... I sure hope I don't run into the real Federation ace!"

The Gundam, piloted by Amuro Ray, appears out of nowhere. Its beam saber flashes as it casually hacks the Zaku II in half.

"IT'S A GUNDAM!" screams Blamuro Blay, right before his cockpit explodes. At this exact moment, 'IT'S A GUNDAM!' hits #1 on the list of 'Most Common Last Words'.


NOW

"No time to screw around...!" Amuro Ray muses, pulling the clay bazooka off the Rick Dias' rear skirt armor. "I need to disable this guy fast and get that GN Drive. Bazooka, don't fail me now!" shouts the Newtype Ace, firing a fragmenting round from the big black gun.


COMBAT: Amuro Ray has attacked Irm Kazahara. Clay Bazooka added to their queue.


"W-what??"

Despite her attempts to slam her blades into the Dias, its skilled pilot manages to maneuver the machine out of harm's way, leaving young Zabiarov confused. Then, slowly, bright green eyes narrow sharply, glaring at her massive display, focused intently on the machine before her. "T-too slow...ha..."

The unit holds its ground as the Rick Dias brings its pistols up, shooting at the bulky Bolinoak. Just as the shots fire the girl suddenly pilots her machine forward, blazing recklessly through the fire as she sheathes one blade briefly. Bringing the other around, she plows through the shots, soldiering through fire and brings her weapon down into the Dias, cutting at its arm to knock its aim off.

"Don't underestimate me!!"

Then, gripping the formerly-sheathed weapon once more, Zabiarov commands her unit to unleash a rapid series of blows onto the Rick Dias, swinging both beam sabers in a flurry of movement with a sharp cry from within her cockpit.


COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has attacked Lyle Dylandy. Beam Assault added to their queue.


"V-System GOING HOT!" Michael calls out as the generators kick into overdrive and the Falcon's monoeye flashes red from the sudden influx of power. Moments later the Falcon suddenly throws itself down and flips onto it's back in from David's perspective, effectively sliding right underneath him. And Cero is ready.

There is a thunderous discharge from the beam rifle as David streaks by, catching him full in the side and screwing up his attack run. Almost immediately following, the Falcon flips upside down to follow through with it's attack, taking full advantage of the momentary confusion to unload a flurry of overcharged turbo bolts towards the GN-X.

Cero is not ****ing around.


COMBAT: Michael Anderson has attacked David Churchill. Turbo Bolts added to their queue.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has struck a major hit on Lyle Dylandy's MSA-099 Rick Dias using Beam Assault.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has counter attacked for a minor hit on Sarah Zabiarov's PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn using Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Bastion has struck a major hit on Camille Bidan's Zeta Gundam using Thrust.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has counter attacked for a minor hit on Bastion's Alba using Zeta Punch.

COMBAT: Setsuna F. Seiei has activated a spirit command.


When Cagalli strikes toward the defense rod, Ivy appears to remember she has it and activates it. She swings it around, deflecting the last stab, although her wild strike comes nowhere near hitting Cagalli either; Ivy is caught up enough in her defense that she cannot also cleanly strike.

"War," Ivy says, before being a little unclear as to where she was going with that. She drops the subject and presses the attack instead. The rifle has had its day. Ivy shoves it back across the GN's back, pulling out the beam saber instead. It ignites, deep crimson, as she swings it in a wide arc.

"I love to fight! I live to fight!" Ivy roars, following up her first slash with a series of straight cuts, pressing the Aile back toward the Kusanagi as best she can.


COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has attacked Cagalli Yula Athha. GN Beam Saber added to their queue.

COMBAT: David Churchill has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has struck a major hit on Cagalli Yula Athha's Aile Strike Rouge using GN Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has counter attacked for a minor critical hit on Ivy Starbuck's GNX-603T GN-X using Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Irm Kazahara has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Amuro Ray has struck a major critical hit on Irm Kazahara's GNX-603T GN-X using Clay Bazooka.

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has struck a major critical hit on David Churchill's GNX-603T GN-X using Turbo Bolts.

COMBAT: David Churchill has counter attacked for a solid hit on Michael Anderson's ST Falcon using GN Beam Rifle.


Just how far behind is the Federation, with the advent of the Wing Gundam Zero? With an odd sensation building at the back of his brain, Setsuna F. Seiei sees only targets, the transformed bird-like Gundam surging forward in pursuit of a big enough catch to bring back to the homestead; he has other orders, too, to capture one of these new frames the Federation is sporting.

With the sudden snap-transmission from Dyson though, the Gundam deviates its course, kept back by the ingress of the aggressive Isamu. Pulling back on the controls, the Wing Zero arcs back towards the Fortress, space about it full of nothing but the red flare of beam fire; and not a single scorch hitting those spread wings.

Twisting slightly in his seat, Setsuna F. Seiei watches as the experienced pilot he's unwittingly been pitted against begins the strafing run. "You think that kind of tactic will work on me?!" he heaves the words out, suddenly strained, eyes widening as he pulls back one lever and slams forward another.

The Wing Gundam Zero transforms, revealing the new shiny suit in its entirely, each hand holding a beam rifle. In that moment, it must seem like the most tempting target in the world, simply stationary there in space.

But in that moment, the two rifles lift, linking together, merging to form something else. And the weapon shifts, careful aim taking place, as right down the barrel of it Setsuna F. Seiei sees his mark. And without hesitation, he fires something horrific.

The ZERO system flares its name on the console in front of Seiei, but he pays it no mind; he sees only the kill, and he reaches for it.

From the tip of the Twin Buster Rifle, a glow emerges. A split second later, it spews forth, a massive column of yellow beam energy cascading forth with a sickening crackle, even in the depths of space. Like lightning from Olympus, it seeks Isamu Dyson out, aiming to carve that precious new GN-X unit into as many pieces as possible, if not simply obliterate it into the finest of atoms and return it to the universe. Like an angry god, the Wing Gundam Zero seeks to smite.


COMBAT: Setsuna F. Seiei has attacked Isamu Dyson. Twin Buster Rifle Zero+++++X200 added to their queue.


The Radiant Buster smashes into Meiya's GN-X with enough force it should have probably been destroyed. It however, was not. GN partical physics aparently washed away a portion of the blasts, leaving the unit hurt, but intact. "If I don't stop it, I'll never be able to get away..."

The GN-X's Tau drive flares again with blood red particles, blasting it through space at Alia's machine. Juking left and right almost impossibly, it suddenly lifts up and then dives over the Elemental Machine, going straight down behind it's back.

A second Beam Saber is drawn out, and both sickly blood red blades activate as the GN-X turns over, each blade scissoring as it attempts to slice off the enemy's arms.


COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has attacked Alia Winchester. GN Beam Saber Maneuver added to their queue.

COMBAT: Setsuna F. Seiei has struck a major hit on Isamu Dyson's GNX-603T GN-X using Twin Buster Rifle Zero+++++X200.

Knock Out! Isamu Dyson's GNX-603T GN-X unit has become disabled!


"--Huh?! I see--" Camille wheels around just in time to make contact with Bastion's Alba. The two mech collide, the Zeta taking a harsh slash to its torso armor and delivering a hard fist to the eyes. "Who--?! Tch--it doesn't matter! Get out of my way, or you'll be /moved/ out of the way!" There's not enough time to stop and take on the Dogosse Gier, so he'll just have to focus.

The Zeta Gundam pulls loose, shield in one hand, beam rifle in the other... but rather than opening fire, a flurry of grenades are launched from wrist-mounted launchers, filling the Alba's airspace with explosions. The more collateral damage, the better.


COMBAT: Camille Bidan has attacked Bastion. Dual Grenade Launchers added to their queue.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Good work, Setsuna F. Seiei."


COMBAT: Camille Bidan has missed Bastion with his Dual Grenade Launchers attack.

COMBAT: Bastion has counter attacked for a minor hit on Camille Bidan's Zeta Gundam using Slash.

COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has struck a solid hit on Paptimus Scirocco's PMX-003 The O using Dual Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has activated a spirit command.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Michael Anderson transmits, "Tch, at this rate I'll be lucky enough just to win, let alone disable this suit. The firepower it has is just shredding the Falcon's armor."


As the rocket anchor latches firmly onto the GN-X, the Dagger's left hand is already raising. If it had missed, it would have been the beam boomerang Mina reached for; but since the strike hit, she calmly disengages the anti-ship beam saber from the Dagger's backpack. Even as Russel's GN-X levels its GN Beam Rifle at her again, Mina kicks the Dagger's verniers to full power into an lateral arc, while pulling forcefully on the cable and retracting it.

As a result, her Slaughter Dagger sails off to the side quickly, narrowly evading the burst of beams, before its movement is sharply arrested and it hurtles towards the GN-X as quickly as the powerful motors in the Panzer Eisen's housing can retract. The Schwert Gewehr is flipped down and out to the side as the massive beam saber ignites while Mina closes in on the GN-X.

"I'll be taking that now, if you don't mind."

The Dagger swings the anti-ship sword with one hand, attempting to lop off both of the GN-X's legs in one swing; without the verniers in the legs, the suit should have a bit more difficulty manuevering. "If you value your life, I suggest you surrender."


COMBAT: Alia Winchester has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has attacked Russel Bagman. Schwert Gewehr added to their queue.


The Princess takes the full force of Ivy's saber on an arm, nearly losing it; only the fact that the shield is /also/ on that arm saves it. "It's people like you who are why the world won't move past this!" the Princess shouts, taking Ivy's bait and getting into close quarters battle against her and probably everyone else's better judgment. Putting away both of her weapons, she decides to take a different approach: hand to hand combat.

Cagalli's Rouge moves around Ivy's GN-X, trying to keep the other pilot guessing as to what angle she's going to come from for a little bit. When Cagalli finally advances, though, Ivy only gets a second to react; almost instantly, the Aile is upon the GN-X, trying to snap its neck and by extension damage its main cameras. No sensors, no danger... right?


COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has struck a major critical hit on Alia Winchester's Zefholm using GN Beam Saber Maneuver.

COMBAT: Alia Winchester has counter attacked for a solid hit on Meiya Mitsurugi's GNX-603T GN-X using Caloric Missile.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has attacked Ivy Starbuck. Neck Snap added to their queue.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has struck a major hit on Russel Bagman's GNX-603T GN-X using Schwert Gewehr.

COMBAT: David Churchill has activated a spirit command.


Aha! /There's/ the GN particle cloud; the telltale signs of a GN Drive. Leo can't really imagine why theirs are green and the GN-X's are red... but that certainly doesn't matter. It's superficial... cosmetic. The important thing is that they're here, and he can get started. "... there you are," Leo growls. His GN-X surges forwards, the density of the GN particles spraying from its GN Drive increasing as it accelerates towards the distant, colorful spark that is, without a doubt, a Gundam. GN GN GN GN.

"I wish we didn't have to fight the rest of these people," Leo informs the rapidly approaching green speck on his monitor. He doesn't bother to transmit it; he's quite okay with talking to himself. "But you..." The mobile suit produces a beam saber in its left hand, red blade springing to life, and lifts the beam rifle in its right. "It'll be a /pleasure/ to fight /you!/"


COMBAT: Russel Bagman has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has missed Ivy Starbuck with her Neck Snap attack.


"...Uh oh," says Lyle Dylandy, as the Bolinoak simply powers through his beam fire, because he is if nothing else a wise, wise young man.

The first slash of the beam saber doesn't destroy the Rick Dias' hand, at least, but it does demolish the beam pistol he was holding there, the ensuing explosion driving the Karaba MS back thanks to the cruel hand of that dried up old matron, Physics. The real problem, though, comes afterwards, as the larger unit keeps on Lyle with a barrage of slashes; but it's not like Lyle is just going to sit back and take it. Reaching the slightly damaged but now empty hand of the Rick Dias back, he pulls his units own, oft-forgotten beam saber free of the recharge rack, the energy blade springing to life as he bellows and attempts to slash right /through/ Sarah's attacks.

And hopefully her MS.

Lyle pays for trying to play Zabirov's game, though, his lesser skill in close-ranged combat working against him, as the repeated strikes from the Bolinoak batter his Rick Dias, despite the intervention of his own beam saber. Lyle is rocked around in the cockpit, and he's pretty sure if he wasn't wearing a helmet, his brainmeats would be spattered all over the controls, but he's still going. And, well... He's right there in front of the Bolinoak, isn't he? So he jams the remaining beam pistol right up against the larger MS, and he starts shooting.

Lots.


One small victory! If one could consider drawing Yazan's 'wrath' down upon oneself than another-- so long as it ruined his fun little game, it would have to be a start. A start, because Fon was fully intent on carrying out his spoken threats-- each piece he'd seek to whittle off of /his/ machine till it was as close as possible to how Fereshte had built it. It wasn't exactly sentimental, it was more posessive. Like a dog pissing on his property, he didn't take too kindly to another alpha mutt tryin' to secure what was his! So yeah, this came down to a pissin' match. Good thing there was no 'wind' in space.

"Ptolemaois sending battle data! Custom Astraea F included!" Hanayo-haro cheerfully piped up.

"Whatever I don't need it, there's nothing that idiot could have done to my machine that I wont know how to respond too!" Yazan was skilled as a pilot though...but Fon was the type to throw himself into a fight no matter what, outmatched or outnumbered. He'd set his mind to this one, and not too different to the 'ex' Titan, he wasn't paying full attention to his allies. That was what Hanayo was for, to pull his leash when he ran too far foward alone. "Open a frequency Hanayo! I want this ass to know exactly who it is he's facing!"

The distance had vanished between the pair of Gundams within moments, and though his suit was more ranged biased...the pilot wasn't. Left-handed, he diverted one, then blocked the second saber with one of the sensor-shields on his shoulders...the invisible armour which was infact, a GN field of its own providing some protection from damage. "Can't say I like what you did with my gundam EFA-grunt! It's about as," reversing his arc, he lead a vicious backward swipe at the built up right shoulder guards, "gaudy and ugly as a drunk prostitute late for the job! You ruined it!" Switching out with practiced dexterity, another glowing saber moved to match the other's pair, "I'll fix it though." Slicing towards the leg, "And show you how a REAL GUNDAM MEISTER FIGHTS WITH THEIR GUNDAM!"


COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has attacked Sarah Zabiarov. Gun Trick added to their queue.


The sudden approach of the Gold Frame is almost surprising to Paptimus Scirocco; but he is a man who has seen too much to be truly surprised by anything this battlefield can offer. As the blades meet, there is simply a smirk on the face of the Man from Jupiter, as he awaits to see what this enemy unit can pull off. When those blades come, The O does not move; it simply defends. Golden armor is scratched, lacerations that fail to strike deeply into the robust armor he has encased his finest creation to date with.

"Running won't help you," comes the response from the former Titans Admiral, as a rather large beam rifle is brought up, careful aim taken as he snaps off a single shot at Ghina's prized unit. It's all he feels necessary to fire, no waste required to deal with this target. And judging by the size of the blast that's headed the way of the Gold Frame, the precision nature of the shot aimed to hit vital systems, it seems Scirocco is finished with playing around, especially with the Zeta Gundam so close by.


COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has attacked Rondo Ghina Sahaku. Beam Rifle Snipe added to their queue.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has attacked Yazan Gable. Double Beam Saber added to their queue.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has struck a devastating critical hit on Sarah Zabiarov's PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn using Gun Trick.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "This particle cloud... these isn't Minovsky interference--"


Isamu Dyson is a reckless human being. He is a man who does not fear death. It makes him a unique person; a completely perfect individual to test pilot new Mobile Suits. Some people think he is just too thickheaded -- too stupid -- to understand the implications of his actions. But the truth is, Isamu is flying against his father. A man who was lost in space. A ghost, that hovers over his shoulder, that no matter how hard, how fast, how dangerously he pushes a machine -- he can never out run. And the ghost that haunts him, his father -- an asterisk in some highly classified ledger somewhere at Central Command, is the only thing Isamu Dyson truly fears. He fears being forgotten.

"Ha! These X's are something else, alright!" Isamu yells as his Mobile Suit shifts direction in the vaccuum of space on a dime; a splash of red energy bursting off the robot's hip-thrusters to send it onto a new angle in space. "If they transformed, they'd be the perfect weapon. This war, it's going to be over before you Orb freaks know its model number --"

Isamu Dyson is a proud human being. He has been flying since he was a toddler. He knows that his skills are strong; he's come back from so many flights and missions that it can't be all dumb luck. He's mastered new technology with extraordinary ease, but for each new widget and gadget, there's the four CO's he punched out, the test prototypes he's crashed more than anyone else still on the Federation payroll, and --

A column of yellow light suddenly erupts from his target. Isamu is drawn immediately into the moment; the ground zero of his situation. "How the hell --?"

Dyson has never seen an attack like this before. Energy weapons are not new; but the magnitude of the blast from a single Mobile Suit is something he's only seen battleships do before. The GN-X's state of the art sensor equipment explodes from blue's into reds. The warning radar pings like an incessant little child. Isamu rips at the controls, his teeth burning as they grind against each other. "You... Can't... Be... Serious!"

The Buster Rifle overtakes his GN-X, swallowing it in the channel of light. Dyson is blinded by the intensity. Layers of the whitish grey armor start peeling off in that hot instance within the column of the beam; tearing away like bark of a burning log. Finally, the GN-Tau Drive goes, belching red fire into the yellow sea and exploding in a shower of red particles.

"... Seems... We're the same, Pop," a delirious Isamu Dyson says, his GN-particle powered escape pod shooting back towards Earth. "You ... You caught me again."


COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has missed Rondo Ghina Sahaku with his Beam Rifle Snipe attack.


Bastion grunts, watching the Zeta trying to dispatch him.

Bastion, however, swings it's blade, releasing a wall of flame to catch the grenades in the fire. This is before Bastion dives in, swinging the blade and attempting to slash the Zeta Gundam. Bastion, calmly looks for openings in the Zeta's defenses...slowly trying to break through...the unit was vastly more mobile than the Alba...

However, Bastion believed in his skill. The Prince finds his opening, thrusting right and then using his shoulder to attempt to shoulder check the Zeta Gundam back, and hopefully back towards the Orb Union lines.

"Sorry, no can do, I am not letting you destroy our ships. So at least respect me and fight with some damn honor!"


COMBAT: Bastion has attacked Camille Bidan. Tackle added to their queue.

COMBAT: Bastion has struck a major hit on Camille Bidan's Zeta Gundam using Tackle.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has struck a glancing hit on Yazan Gable's Gundam Astrea Type F using Double Beam Saber.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "You're seeing it too?"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Quattro Bageena transmits, "Captain Sumeragi, can you send Bidan your information regarding the GN Particle?"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I'm afraid that information is classified."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Setsuna F. Seiei transmits, "... I think I destroyed that one's drive..."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Until I capture one of these units."


"D-dammit!" The hail of shots smash into the GN-X, sending it off-course during the attack run...and this, again, is immediately followed up by even /more/ shots as he tries to correct himself, tearing at last into the GN-X, ripping through the armour, sending it spiralling away. "Y-you bastard!" The GN-X, however, once again manages to bring itself around with a burst of GN Particles despite the damage, the long-barrel GN Rifle pointing straight at the ST Falcon. "Go to hell!"

David takes careful aim, calming himself. Breathe in...breathe out... ...fire. A single red GN Beam fires out towards the Falcon, a single high-powered, perfect shot. But is it PERFECT ENOUGH?


COMBAT: David Churchill has attacked Michael Anderson. GN Beam Rifle Mastery added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Quattro Bageena transmits, "I see. I'll make sure to note any casualties that result from our lacking that particular intelligence."


COMBAT: Michael Anderson has activated a spirit command.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "No kidding. That's really cold, you know."


No weapons. Ivy grins - or, more accurately, her grin gets wider - as she puts away her own sword. Someone wants to take on the undefeated wrestling champion of the Thuverl-Salan? Someone can.

Ivy does not respond verbally to Cagalli at first. She instead twists about thirty degrees, catching the grab on her arm and letting Cagalli try to snap that instead; the GN-X's arm is a hell of a lot tougher than its neck, and it doesn't bend the same way, so all that happens is some fruitless denting.

Her other arm snaps out as she tries to grab at the Aile Rouge's arm and literally heft it up and over, flipping it backwards over her shoulder. This would not be terribly useful in space, except Ivy follows it up with a quick charge, striking with a balled fist as hard as she can.


COMBAT: David Churchill has struck a devastating hit on Michael Anderson's ST Falcon using GN Beam Rifle Mastery.

Knock Out! Michael Anderson's ST Falcon unit has become disabled!

COMBAT: Michael Anderson has counter attacked for a solid hit on David Churchill's GNX-603T GN-X using Power Bolt.


"Honor?! Are you one of /those/ nuts?! We're not samurai -- this isn't some fairytale! Look around you! People are dying all around you!" Camille's Zeta is rocked back by the blow, but it holds together. What's that machine made of? The Zeta comes around, its beam rifle igniting a heavy bayonet. If it's to be close combat, then it'll be close combat--!

The Zeta Gundam shoots forward, matching range tit-for-tat and driving that bayonet clear into the shoulder of Bastion's machine.


COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has attacked Cagalli Yula Athha. Meltran-Style Brawling added to their queue.


The Gold Frame seems to be caught dead to rights...

But it slides to the side, blurring as if it was never in the position the powerful beam lanced through in the first place. "Don't mistake tactics for running." is Ghina's only reply, before the Amatu strafes aroun the O, firing repeatedly with its Trikeros Beam Rifle.


COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has attacked Paptimus Scirocco. Trikeros Beam Rifle added to their queue.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has attacked Bastion. Beam Bayonet added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Situations like the present are exactly why it's classified."


COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has struck a major hit on Cagalli Yula Athha's Aile Strike Rouge using Meltran-Style Brawling.


Rocket is on the verge of getting bored when he sees a mecha heading for one of Orb's allied ships. That's not an overly good sign ...

Fortunately, there's *plenty* that Rocket can do to protect his allies. Starting by taking a shot at the Xabungle, launching a BS-2 Crooze Missile at Jiron's mecha.

Granted, the Ptolemaios can probably take care of itself if it comes under attack ... but why wait for them to *need* help? Besides, Rocket *does* want to pitch in, since he came all this way - there's gotta be more for him to do here than admire the view.


Russel Bagman isn't able to get a hit in and he contiunes the atack he sees what's comming and lets go of the the gun for a moment? What's he doing. He's not moving he's meeting the slaughte dagger head on, the weapon it's using has a solid edge, that's when the insanity comes he catches the physical portion of the blade and manages to turn it awawy from him. There's damage but a whole lot less than the should of been. He grabs the rifle again and opens fire full out. "Sorry, Orb's not stealing this machine!" Is Russel's displays light up as Isamu goes down and Mina's in trouble. Russel with RIfle in the machine's damageds hands turns it's head to look at the Dagger and picks up to full speed starting to cricle the other unit while laying down a hail of fire.


COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rocket has attacked Jiron Amos. BS-2 Crooze Missile added to their queue.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has activated a spirit command.


The Kyrios, unleashed from the catapults, rapidly moves ahead of the pack -- it folds itself shut into its flight form and twirls, shooting through the void like a comet with a glittering green tail.

Allelujah frowns as he makes a quick round along the bounds of the battlefield: red. So it's true ... they really do have units using the same systems as the Thrones did. He can tell by their particle emissions ... it just seems -- wrong. Like a corruption of their own drives, a cruel joke.

"... Allelujah Haptism, engaging the enemy!"

Kyrios comes rushing in headlong toward Leo's GN-X, pouring out a fusillade of bright violet bullets.


COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has attacked Leo Stenbuck. GN Beam Submachine Gun added to their queue.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has attacked Rondo Mina Sahaku. GN Beam Rifle Maneuver added to their queue.

COMBAT: Rocket has missed Jiron Amos with his BS-2 Crooze Missile attack.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I don't trust this technology in the hands of /anyone/. Except Celestial Being."


COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has struck a glancing hit on Leo Stenbuck's GNX-603T GN-X using GN Beam Submachine Gun.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Especially given the comments I've heard about the perpetuity of war."


COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has struck a solid critical hit on Paptimus Scirocco's PMX-003 The O using Trikeros Beam Rifle.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Captain Bageena."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "That's great -- assuming anyone has any reason to trust Celestial Being!"


COMBAT: Rain Mikamura has activated a spirit command.


Alia blinks several times. "Never seen a mobile suit that can do that as a defense... now I see why they care!" Zefholm nonetheless resumes retreating movement from Meiya's GN-X, halberd twirling around again in a wild defensive gesture; Alia isn't all that good with the weapon despite earlier flashy displays. To a degree, this works; the halberd-arm is spared damage, but Meiya manages to overtake Zefholm and the other blade hits home, cutting the left arm off and continuing in to the main body. That was definitely an important hit, if the sound of Alia screaming in her cockpit is any indication.

But Alia doesn't immediately retaliate. She's looking around for the ST Falcon, given Michael's repeated mentions of trouble in his fight. Zefholm turns and beelines for him... only to stop upon realizing the twin-crew machine is already disabled. Thus Alia returns to the battle at hand, Zefholm's wings spreading out once more. An angry shout ends in another set of six beams from them, trying to blast off the head, legs, and arms of Meiya's GN-X.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "I know I sure don't."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Well the cat's out of the bag, obviously."


COMBAT: Russel Bagman has struck a major hit on Rondo Mina Sahaku's Sword Slaughter Dagger using GN Beam Rifle Maneuver.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has counter attacked for a minor critical hit on Russel Bagman's GNX-603T GN-X using ES01 Beam Saber.

COMBAT: Alia Winchester has attacked Meiya Mitsurugi. Wing Beams added to their queue.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "Do you have any special orders -- Sumeragi?"

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Get the drive."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Quattro Bageena transmits, "I was referring to the activities of the Federation and not the Orb Union, Captain."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "Roger."


Oh shit that's a Gundam were are in fact everybody's last words. Or in Irm's case it's oh shit it's a Grungust. If only he was here right now. Amuro pulls the Clay Bazooka out of a mech's skirt and we all know how Irm gets distracted by a skirt. Irm has to pull off all kinds of shenanigans now when Amuro fires the clay bazooka point blank at the GN-X, Irm twists the body of the GN-X and throws up the defense rod arm just in time for the explosion which knocks the GN-X hella far back.

The chrome finish? Ruined. The red glow of the crazy new drives, still blazing blood red and as obvious as Egret Feff's good intentions for the world.

"Damn!" Irm ungrits his teeth and straightens the GN-X out, the left side is kinda mangled but it still works. Irm has a talent for keeping these things going. "Hey now, are you questioning my gentlemanly conduct now? I mean, she was in her flight suit when that happened. Ah, my lady love in pink."

MEANWHILE on the surface of the moon at Mao Industries, Ring Mao is sitting next to a broadwave transistor with her eyes narrowed. A glass shatters in her hand.

Irm thrusts the beam saber forward and spins it pointing 'up' with the crimson glow of the blade burning dangerously against the chromed surface of the GN-X.

"Alright, lets get serious now, Amuro Ray! My name's Irm by the way, we never met. I was in the PTX team. Anyway," Irm spills. Lets be honest Amuro Ray is a hero and doing this well against him is like high praise time. "There are two swords of calamity!"

Irm slides the saber back and takes it in both hands as he cries out and fires the tau drives blasting Irm forward as speed as he shouts out, "LET'S DO THIS!" his charge ends with a thrust toward the Rick Dias' chest plate and attempts to carve his sword through the internals and out the back as he passes through.


COMBAT: Camille Bidan has struck a major hit on Bastion's Alba using Beam Bayonet.

COMBAT: Bastion has missed Camille Bidan with his Thrust counter attack.


Cagalli, meanwhile, is not having nearly as much of a good time. The Princess's unit is hurled and struck, the Phase Shift armor giving out at last; she cries out as the cockpit itself starts to crumple around her a little, and makes sure her helmet is secure. Just in case. "It's disgusting..." Cagalli groans, as she takes her beam saber back out. Unarmed didn't go so hot -- she just has to keep pressing. It's the only chance she's got.

"... that they even let someone who enjoys fighting as much as you do pilot a mobile suit." The Princess's Aile Rouge moves lightning fast, past the GN-X; it is only afterward, if she manages to get even a little close in, that Ivy will notice the slice clean through the machine's legs. They may not be /essential/ in space... but they sure make maneuvering a lot easier.


And again, it seems The O has little intention of getting out of the way of anything the Gold Frame is offering. The beam rifle shots blaze towards Scirocco, but he simply moves his unit into their path, all fifty verniers blazing as it seeks to close the gap between itself and Ghina's unit.

It does so in terrific time, mild scorch marks all that there is to show regarding damage by the time it's in the grill of the Gold Frame -- with twin beam sabers in hand, slashing as the Man from Jupiter twists his unit to one side.

But then, a surprise, as a third hand emerges from under the side-skirting of the unit, a third beam saber stabbing for the Gold Frame's leg in an attempt to hamper the unit's mobility!


COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has attacked Ivy Starbuck. Beam Saber Mastery added to their queue.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Irm Kazahara has attacked Amuro Ray. GN Beam Saber Maneuver added to their queue.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has attacked Rondo Ghina Sahaku. Triple Beam Sabers added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "I mean obviously the classification of that technology has been so..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "/Effective/."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "Three..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Woop, excuse me, someone's shooting GN particles at me."


COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has struck a major hit on Rondo Ghina Sahaku's Astray Gold Frame Amatu using Triple Beam Sabers.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "We shouldn't be blaming each other."


The blow strikes low, blasting apart the ST Falcon's entire leg assembly and ripping away everything below the belt from the sheer violence of the attack. The Falcon's monoeye begins to dim as the generator strains and begins to give out... but Cero gets one final act of retribution as he eeks out every last ounce of remaining energy and unleashes it back towards David before the systems go dead. and the half shredded remains of the ST Falcon begin to drift aimlessly.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Celestial Being is capable of taking care of its own problems, Amuro Ray."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "This feeling... so many voices... what are these particles?!"


COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has struck a apocalyptic hit on Ivy Starbuck's GNX-603T GN-X using Beam Saber Mastery.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has counter attacked for a solid hit on Cagalli Yula Athha's Aile Strike Rouge using GN Beam Saber.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Michael Anderson transmits, "Shi-- *static*"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "If you don't like it, I don't particularly care -- our mission will be preserved regardless."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Yes I can tell by the fact that you're the only person from Celestial Being who's here."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "On it. Soon as I clear this one off of me I'll pick him up..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Allelujah Haptism winces.

<Radio: B - Tactics> Lyle Dylandy transmits, "Uh, could we maybe argue later, when nobody's trying to murder all of us?"


The Astraea rips backwards with from Fon's Sadalsuud the moment he feels that assault not quite connect. The other Gundam's own beam sabers whipping about, Yazan is only momentarily distracted by the sudden appearance of a face on his viewscreen. He blinks. He frowns. He squints.

"... who the hell are you--"

And then, it dawns on him from Fon's words; and, just before that Sadalsuud can strike out with those sabers, the Astraea /rockets/ straight backwards, one of the hyper-condensed blades nicking the armor of the crimson Gundam.

"Oh, you! The loser who wasn't even smart enough to keep his own damn mobile suit!" barking out a laugh, Yazan /slams/ on the controls of the Astraea. The damaged machine /vaults/ forward as Yazan's eyes widen in a sadistic sort of amusement. "HAH! You're dumb enough to come at me again?! Fine!! I'll tear apart your new suit and you can watch me laugh at you while you burn to death! HOW DOES THAT SOUND?!"

With the heavy CLACK of metal, the heavy edge of the GN Proto Blade locks into place, SLICING forward to tear straight through one of the Gundam's wing-like portrusions.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Agreed. I've got forecasting to do."


COMBAT: Rain Mikamura has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has attacked Fon Spark. GN Blade added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Camille Bidan transmits, "I can still hear Michael and Cero... they're alive."


Just when Sarah thought she'd gained the upper hand over Lyle's Dias--

The machine counterattacks, slamming an energy blade into the girl's unit. Certainly, her barrage cost him more than she'd taken, and part of her is relieved for it. Still, she's taken a lot more damage at this point than she'd bargained for, no thanks to the Zeta's random fire. But she's still capable. She can still fight!

What comes next, though, was not anticipated.

Keeping close proximity with the Bolinoak, Lyle's Dias slams the weapon forward and unloads a number of rounds, beating the green and blue Mobile Suit repeatedly with shots. So many and so powerful is the barrage the girl's unit is forced back by the payload, smoke and static rippling all across the front of the unit. Within, the girl panics briefly, her controls and console washing her in deep red warning.

"N-no...no...not like this," she mutters, shaking her head. "Master Paptimus..."

Her gloved hands grip her controls with resolve.

"I will not disappoint Master Paptimus!" Sarah cries, glaring at her displays and the Dias before her. "I can't give up- -not yet! I can still f-fight...I won't l-lose..." She breathes heavily, still firmly gripping her controls. "He...he believes in me!!"

Then, suddenly, the Bolinoak's verniers flare up brilliantly, the large unit blazing forward right for the Rick Dias. One of the blades morphs, forming a tomahawk of energy once more as she closes in, attempting to swing the tomahawk into the side of the Dias while stabbing the blade into the chest of the unit before she withdraws them, only to do it once more, should luck be on her side. The girl within, however, just yells.


COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has activated a spirit command.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "Trying to get to them now, Camille..."


"Am I one of those nuts? Are you serious? Do you so dishonor your own side as to fight whenever and however you feel like? Without honor, this war will degrade to nothing but animals...humans killing anyone without rhyme or reason! THIS is why honor is important! So remember this lesson as I ingrain it upon your Mech!" Bastion roars, as the ATAC moves to his commands.

The bayonet hits the shoulder of the Alba, causing the machine to recoil, and Bastion's thrust to go off target. However, the thrusters responded, pushing Bastion forward as he slashed up, the light of the battle catching the blade as he slashed down, attempting to divide the Zeta Gundam in half.

"CATCH THE WAVE!"


COMBAT: Bastion has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has attacked Lyle Dylandy. Dual Beam Sabers added to their queue.

COMBAT: Bastion has attacked Camille Bidan. Strong Slash added to their queue.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Bastion has missed Camille Bidan with his Strong Slash attack.

COMBAT: Amuro Ray has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Irm Kazahara has missed Amuro Ray with his GN Beam Saber Maneuver attack.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Meiya Mitsurugi has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Alia Winchester has struck a major hit on Meiya Mitsurugi's GNX-603T GN-X using Wing Beams.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has struck a devastating hit on Fon Spark's Gundam Sadalsuud Type F using GN Blade.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has missed Yazan Gable with his Beam Saber counter attack.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has struck a major critical hit on Lyle Dylandy's MSA-099 Rick Dias using Dual Beam Sabers.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has missed Sarah Zabiarov with his Beam Saber counter attack.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "There!"


Xabungle continues to float along on it's rather useless 'raft' of a bay door. It's getting awfully close to that big ship-looking thing with the light around it, though; maybe he can hitch a ride, thinks Jiron, and get back to--

His Spidey Sense tingles. It's less a supernatural intuition like a Newtype's and more the gut feeling of a trained veteran. The hair on the back of his neck stands up, and Jiron turns Xabungle's head-slash-cockpit to look around, to confirm or deny his supicions of incoming danger.

The Crooze Missile streaks in, and Xabungle 2 stands straight on the door. It crouches and pushes off in an attempt to jump, floating away none too quickly. Jiron triggers the jets, and it starts to be launched off in a random direction as the missile blasts the door into so much space debris. Jiron rocks in his shaking cockpit as he rides the shockwave, the entire robot vibrating for a second, and him lacking a thing to grab to steady it.

Definitely confirmed, Jiron thinks.

"Who's shooting missiles at me?!" Jiron looks for the source while Xabungle 2 tumbles head over heels, spinning through space. He sights the tank during one rotation, closing in on it and starting to flail in it's general direction. One foot gets close, and it kicks out to try and catch an edge, any edge, of the bizarre tank that's out there and slow down or stop... and, well, to smash it a bit in aggravation, too.


Meeting an anti-ship sword head on? Mina's lips twitch upwards, in what /might/ possibly be something like a smile. "Brave. Foolish, but brave nonetheless." She isn't overly concerned about the GN-X managing to divert most of the strike away from it; instead, the Dagger fully retracts the rocket anchor and reaches for one of it's hip mounted beam sabers. When Russel attempts to circle around and fire at her with the beam rifle, the Dagger's verniers manage to keep up with the GN-X closely enough that Mina can face the rifle head on. Aside from minimal manuevering to ensure that the blasts hit armor and not anything vital, Mina makes no attempt to evade; instead, she lashes out with a quick swipe of the beam saber in retaliation.

"I don't think you understand. I'm afraid that you don't really have a choice in the matter." What comes next? Well, the Sword Slaughter Dagger has an anti-ship sword in its left hand, and a beam saber in its right. Do you /really/ need a picture painted?

The good news is?

At least Mina's only aiming for the limbs and head.


COMBAT: Jiron Amos has attacked Rocket. Kick added to their queue.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.


Ghina can keep up with two blades, but it seems that theee might be a little too much to handle. The Orb Union noble swwwps forward, clashing with the blades and using an alternate retaliation pattern when he is caught in the middle of the strike by the third hand. "Three...!" Ghina says, his eyes widening slightly before he throws his mecha to the side. This turns a lethal strike into one that merely cuts into and through his mecha's side, a critical wound delivered at it slashes into and through him.

Ghina is not amused as he pulls back for a moment, his mecha sparking and sizzling. "You are a worthy opponent, Paptimus Scirroco. I must respect a man who is capable of the things you have wrought... But there is yet a difference between you and I..."

The Amatu spins, striking forward and cutting towards the O with a strange comination of brutality and finesse, seeking out weak points moving to crush the with intense force as he tries to take on the triple-bladed style of the Man from Jupiter!


COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has attacked Paptimus Scirocco. Beam Saber Assault added to their queue.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has attacked Russel Bagman. Beam Saber - Schwert Gewehr Combo added to their queue.


The descent of Isamu Dyson into defeat is a touching story, and within the Wing Gundam Zero, it's almost as if Setsuna F. Seiei can feel that defeat echo out and touch him personally. He watches as the GN-Tau Drive, the very drive he had been ordered to capture by his handlers within Celestial Being, goes up in pink smoke and a billion particles, and he finds his teeth grinding together.

Pressure has been building at the back of his brain for some time now, and with so many targets in front of him, the aggressive nature of the young Gundam Meister is wanting to exert itself. He wants to fly forward, use this rifle and -- and what was that?

"What..." the youth mumbles within the cockpit, as the panoramic view offered by the external cameras seems to twist, to alter. Time seems to stretch for him, as his perception of reality begins to slip. He sees things that should not be; colony lasers slamming into the surface, entire towns wiped out, one of his closest allies dying -- his breathing increases, his teeth bite down into his cheek -- a Celestial Being agent revealed to be his greatest enemy -- his eyes dart in every direction, but he finds no escape -- his own reflection, with eyes a glittering--

"--nff."

It is not with a bang but with a whimper that Setsuna F. Seiei succumbs, lapsing unconscious as the pulsing ZERO System fades from the console in front of him. In space, the Wing Gundam Zero falls limp, lifeless, and a hurried rescue attempt launches from the Fortress to secure the experimental unit.


The Zeta Gundam pulls back, but its rapid juke away isn't fast enough to save the beam rifle, which gets cleaved in half by Bastion's blade. The rifle explodes as the Zeta puts some distance between itself and the Alba, but its thrusters fire with more than enough time to halt its movement--

--There's a straight line between the Zeta, the Alba, and the Dogosse Gier. Driving the Alba into the bridge won't destroy the flagship, but it'll disrupt communications across the battle.

"No wonder you fight alongside the Titans... you sound just like them! Honor and dignity... that's nothing compared to compassion! Don't you get it?! This is the first chance we've had to make peace -- and you're on the attack already?! Don't you know what those machines are doing to your bodies!? Don't you care?! Is it all about victory and honor to you?!"

"CAN'T YOU HEAR PEOPLE DYING?! KISAAAAAAMAA!"

The Zeta Gundam fills its empty hands with the Hyper Mega Launcher, loosing the gigantic weapon from a rack on its back before it ignites a /second/ bayonet, much larger, and charges, looking to shove the Alba into the Dogosse Gier's bridge and end this battle without taking it to the last man.


COMBAT: Camille Bidan has attacked Bastion. Hyper Mega Bayonet added to their queue.


Kyrios opens fire, and Leo's GN-X... charges headlong into the spray. Its left arm snaps up, and the GN Defense Rod spins to intercept those shots that are on track to strike. Given the nature of the weapon, a lot of them just go wide, and Leo's able to intercept most of those that would actually hit with the spinning rod. It does a number on the 'weapon', leaving it a twisted mass of metal, but it's what it's designed for.

The GN-X doesn't come out totally unscathed, though. Given the nature of the maneuver, a few bullets get through, punching dents into the GN-X's armor and tearing small, shallow furrows in the mobile suit's hull. It does, however, put the Titan in the unique position of having a chance to hit a plane with a sword.

The GN-X adjusts its left hand to brandish its lit beam saber and accelerates in towards the Gundam Kyrios. It's not really a game of chicken - it's incredibly hard for two vessels with aware and competent pilots to actually run into each other in space - and he knows he can't keep up with the Kyrios on pure speed, but he can at least get one pass in on him, after that display.

And, in fact, he can. The GN-X's beam saber scythes outwards as the two machines pass each other, aimed to carve through the side of the Gundam. Hit or miss, the GN-X breaks away from its flight path and pulls into a long turn, rotating to face the Kyrios again and hefting its beam rifle to prepare for their next clash.


Again the GN-X is hit by the magical beams, flaying off armor, and destroying a whole arm outright. "Hnng!.." Meiya frowns. "Some experimental unit." The GN-Tau drive flares and it turns around accelerating while swooping upwards towards it's mother ship.

"No matter what it's carry a mass produce unit, is aparently still just a mass produce unit."


"Why? It is the purpose of a soldier to fight!" Ivy says. "I am a soldier! I fight! It is what I know!" Social life is complicated, political jockeying for rank even harder... but fighting, Ivy understands that.

Ivy darts forward into a thrust with her scarlet saber at the same time Cagalli brings her sword forward and past her GN-X. Cagalli's strike doesn't occur quite where she planned it because of the sudden motion. It doesn't shear through the legs of the GN-X.

It carves through the lower torso without slowing down instead at about the 'waist'. The legs fall free, seperating and drifting away from Ivy's machine; she yells, but this time in surprise rather than anger or energy. The machine is topheavy now, and tumbling; she rights it, but it takes her a moment and she is open for it.

"You tricked me!" she says, shocked. "But I can still show you the power of a great warrior!" The crippled GN-X surges for one last charge; Ivy passes its sword back and forth from hand to hand - activated - and lets it spin as she goes, causing a whirling hemisphere of red blade in front of her.

She catches it at the last instant, driving it forward before yanking it to the side, the beam larger and more powerful as Ivy overcharges it for just a second.


COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has attacked Allelujah Haptism. GN Beam Saber Maneuver added to their queue.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has attacked Cagalli Yula Athha. GN Beam Saber Mastery added to their queue.

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has struck a devastating hit on Bastion's Alba using Hyper Mega Bayonet.

COMBAT: Bastion has counter attacked for a minor hit on Camille Bidan's Zeta Gundam using Thrust.

COMBAT: Rocket has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Cagalli Yula Athha has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Ivy Starbuck has struck a apocalyptic hit on Cagalli Yula Athha's Aile Strike Rouge using GN Beam Saber Mastery.

Knock Out! Cagalli Yula Athha's Aile Strike Rouge unit has become disabled!

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has struck a major critical hit on Paptimus Scirocco's PMX-003 The O using Beam Saber Assault.

COMBAT: Jiron Amos has missed Rocket with his Kick attack.

COMBAT: Rocket has missed Jiron Amos with his Fire Water counter attack.


Amuro Ray winces at the negative feedback all the way from the moon. Yikes. "Yeah, uh, just watch out for..." Amuro Ray thinks, not sure where exactly he's going with this retort. He's kind of distracted by his argument with Sumeragi Lee Noriega on the radio. "... Gold diggers...?" he finishes lamely. With a sigh, he sends the Rick Dias into a dizzying maneuver that would cause most pilots to black out instantly. It's as graceful as it is terrifying.

In fact, it looks almost exactly like the dance from Flashdance. The Rick Dias' thick lower legs only add to the illusion of 80s legwarmers. The red machine twirls and spins and dances the night away. Dancing among the stars! What a feeling! It beats believing! Inside, Amuro Ray is lost in the moment, even as he skillfully evades the swash and buckle of Irm's beam saber. "Like the guy in the 35,000 space dollar suit is going to get hit by that!" he grunts. "Come /on/."

The Rick Dias flashes and dances its way to a climax, reaching back and yanking down, head thrown back, left leg bent in ecstasy. But there's no bucket of water to splash down on its wating monoptic face. No gleaming sweat to get the young men watching uncomfortably conscious of how tight their pants are.

What there /is/ is a rain of beam blasts from above and behind Irm's GN-X. You see, while he was being a maniac on the battlefield, Amuro Ray was leaving a little beam pistol on a remote timer in five different strategic locations.

Isn't he clever?


COMBAT: Amuro Ray has attacked Irm Kazahara. Gun Trick added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "That's one in retreat. I'd chase it, but I'd rather get to Michael instead. I'm on my way now!"


With the destruction of Isamu's GN-X and its escape pod having launched before the explosion, The Mercy fires up a signal flare to signal its movement and the GM Light Armor and the Cannon engage their thrusters out to retrieve Isamu's escape pod.

Meanwhile, the battlefield has turned into a chaotic nightmare. Rain remains on the Mercy and shakes her head at the conflict, "It shouldn't be like this.. People should not have to risk their lives because of this.." and she makes transmissions to both EFA and forces.

The GM Cannon and Light armor approach the Gundam Wing Zero, siganling friendly as they approach. The pilot comments, "We are here to retrieve the capsule and return it to the EFA as a neutral force. Over." transmitting it to the Zero's pilot.


COMBAT: Irm Kazahara has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Amuro Ray has struck a major critical hit on Irm Kazahara's GNX-603T GN-X using Gun Trick.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has struck a major hit on Allelujah Haptism's Gundam Kyrios - Gust using GN Beam Saber Maneuver.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku sounds more than a little peeved. "M1A Squads two and three, priority is immediate retrieval of the Wing Gundam Zero and its pilot. Squad five, adjust to fill in the defensive perimeter."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "Shit! /Shit/!"


"Tch!" One of the sensor-shields along with the delicate equipment house beneath and within it was cloven right on off where it drifted free, before exploding with enough force to throw the rest of the Gundam to the side. The cockpit was heavily jarred, and his eyes glared at the main screen. The Proto Blade was devestating in the right hands, and not only that, it proved to be deadly against GN-type shields...the Sadalsuud's special armour could provide no defense to it, and inspite of himself...the teenager smiled. "AHAHAHAHAHA! You're lucky I didn't finish our last fight!" Or so he preferred to see it! Yes, blame everything on the haro now watching him with glowing eyes within the partially opened maw of darkness. Hanayo wasn't too happy with how this was going. Chall was probably having a fit that he was destroying a second Fereshte gundam with impunity...

Against the /same GUY/.

"And for all that talk you sure SUCK AT FOLLOWING THROUGH!" Tightning his grip on either beam saber, he charged right on in with a blast of GN particles, titanic force behind his approach, he blitzed a series of rapid fire viper-slashing stabs, seeking out the points he knew in the armour that would damage most. All the points he sought to protect out of habit, he'd try to press here. "Each second I live is another SECOND OF YOUR FAILURE! GABLE!" Yeah he knew his name. How hard was it to figure out when one had access to the Earth's most indepth supercomputer ever? When it wasn't being moody.


COMBAT: Fon Spark has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has activated a spirit command.


As they say, Ghina ain't seen nothing yet. The retaliation proves swift, the sabers seeking out but finding precious few weak points in The O's armor; nevertheless, what damage the Orb Noble manages to dish out is respectable, and the field test certainly assists Scirocco. "Ahh, you are proving a marvelous aid," he murmurs, not transmitting that part, although the next part certainly is. He fends off what strikes he can, but there's a grave mistake to be made by keeping so close to The O.

"Tell me then, what is the difference?" he asks across the airwaves, following it with a sudden pressure, a mental attempt to keep the enemy rooted in place as the three sabers lift -- and a fourth comes out as well.

It isn't going to be pretty, but all four slam down, seeking to remove this eyesore of a Gold Frame from the battle.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "-- Aagghh!"


COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has attacked Yazan Gable. Beam Saber Mastery added to their queue.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has attacked Rondo Ghina Sahaku. Quad Beam Sabers added to their queue.

Allelujah Haptism's Gundam Kyrios transforms into its Gundam Kyrios mode.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Princess!"


It was a risky, costly attack that Lyle chose to make... Maybe even too risky, since it involved staying in so close to the larger unit. For a moment, it looks like he might even have managed to take out the Bolinoak, and honestly he feels pretty good about himself right then. Yep, a cool moment for ol' Lyle Dylandy, indeed. Right... Right up until the Bolinoak suddenly jets forward at him, swinging those beam sabers down again. There's no time to avoid the attack, the best he can hope is to maybe offer up some kind of defense...

...The Rick Dias' neglected beam saber swings again, but the only effect it has is to manage to get that arm partially severed by the beam tomahawk, as Sarah's furious attack continues on right past it, spearing through the armor and chassis, and then a second time, sending the Rick Dias a little bit out of control, as Lyle furiously tries to get ahold of the machine again, muttering several very unkind words in the process. The beam pistol is reholstered, and in the same motion Lyle reaches for the other weapon on the Dias' pack; the big ol' clay bazooka, bringing it down one-handed and sighting carefully at the Bolinoak. This might be his last chance, so... Clearing his mind as best he can, he feels the shot more than sees it, letting out a deep breath before pulling the trigger. "--GOT YOU!!"


COMBAT: Yazan Gable has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has activated a spirit command.


The final parting shots of the ST Falcon smash into the GN-X, ripping further holes and tears into the armour and the body of the unit itself, leaving it drifting as sparks play across the ragged holes and other areas of damage. But GN Particles are still spilling from the drive, and after a few seconds it recovers, propelling itself again into the battlefield with a spray of red GN particles. The GN-X is still operational. "You were a good fighter...but i'm /better/!"

And then, David hears...things over the radio. His unit turns, screaming towards Meiya's retreating unit, already firing a flurry of red GN Beams at Alia's Zefholm as it goes, darting around, wary of counter-attack. He's just trying to hold the thing off from Meiya, just in case. And covering fire is one of the best kinds of fire.


COMBAT: Fon Spark has struck a devastating hit on Yazan Gable's Gundam Astrea Type F using Beam Saber Mastery.


Bastion was caught off guard by the questions...Bastion pauses...The sword not coming to follow through with it's strike. Bastion attempted to make peace with the Orb Union, but here they were. Then the words Camille spills out...what they are doing to their bodies? This gets another eyebrow from the Prince.

Until Cammile flies like a madman towards him, and towards the ship behind them.

"You go on about stopping the killing, but all you are trying to do is kill any Titan you can see! You DARE fault my compassion! Do you know how many times I helped defend the Orb Union from the Devil Gundam! How much I tried to make peace! And here we are! Fighting because of the Orb Union's agression!"

Bastion manages to divert their course from the bridge, but they still collide with the Titan ship, skidding along the deck until they stop, finally out of momentum.

Bastion's sword explodes with fire, as suddenly the Prince broke the clench, and attempt to slash the sword right through the Zeta Gundam.

"THIS FIGHT ENDS HERE!"


COMBAT: Bastion has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has attacked Sarah Zabiarov. Clay Bazooka Perfect Shot added to their queue.

COMBAT: Bastion has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Bastion has attacked Camille Bidan. Fireball Cut added to their queue.

COMBAT: David Churchill has attacked Alia Winchester. GN Beam Rifle Maneuver added to their queue.


/Incoming attacker,/ one of the automated sentries informs Rocket ... who already saw the Xabungle, and chucks a Fire Water flask into one of the cannons to try and intercept the machine ... only for both of them to miss, the flask of excessively combustible liquid tumbling on out into space, possibly to be mistaken for a refreshingly spicy beverage by some alien species or other which eventually collects it.

"Looks like I got your attention, anyway," Rocket muses as he studies the machine whose attention he drew. "Well ... not sure what to tell you, now, except I can't just sit by and let you harass Orb's other ships or machines."

And with that, he collects a thousandweight from one of the ammunition chutes and laucnhes it at Jiron. Hopefully the sentinels are going to start pitching in with the ammo.


COMBAT: Lyle Dylandy has struck a solid hit on Sarah Zabiarov's PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn using Clay Bazooka Perfect Shot.

COMBAT: Rocket has attacked Jiron Amos. Thousandweight added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "... Tch."


COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Bastion has struck a apocalyptic hit on Camille Bidan's Zeta Gundam using Fireball Cut.

Knock Out! Camille Bidan's Zeta Gundam unit has become disabled!

COMBAT: Camille Bidan has counter attacked for a minor hit on Bastion's Alba using Beam Sword.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has struck a glancing hit on Rondo Ghina Sahaku's Astray Gold Frame Amatu using Quad Beam Sabers.

COMBAT: Rocket has struck a major hit on Jiron Amos's Xabungle 2 using Thousandweight.

COMBAT: Jiron Amos has counter attacked for a minor critical hit on Rocket's Schleiman Tank using Uppercut.

COMBAT: Alia Winchester has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Alia Winchester has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: David Churchill has struck a solid hit on Alia Winchester's Zefholm using GN Beam Rifle Maneuver.

COMBAT: Alia Winchester has counter attacked for a minor critical hit on David Churchill's GNX-603T GN-X using Caloric Missile.


The Zeta Gundam is completely smashed by a cut that is also a fireball -- the impact is enough to, by the sounds of it, render the pilot unconscious. Such a force -- even the alloy of the machine can't hold as the entire machine careens off into space, in neither of the desirable directions; that is to say, towards the Mercy or towards the Orb Union forces. The machine doesn't explode -- but it seems completely inoperable as it floats.


COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has struck a major hit on Russel Bagman's GNX-603T GN-X using Beam Saber - Schwert Gewehr Combo.


Cagalli brings up her shield to block against the full-force saber strikes Ivy brings to bear. It's not enough. The whirling blade carves into the shield, then the arm, then the upper torso; the young girl shrieks as she sees a sudden flash of red in her vision. It misses her shoulder by inches -- and then misses her foot, likewise, by a negligible amount as the weapon cuts through the bottom of the cockpit.

The Princess looks down at her boot; the sole sizzles, and is open to the air in three places. Almost on reflex, the Princess shrieks and pulls what little is left of the Rouge into a full-speed boost away... but it's so slow -- so agonizingly slow, after losing the Aile pack...

This is it, Cagalli thinks to herself, briefly. This is the end -- and they didn't even give us a week after the Devil Gundam. Bastards.


"C'mon, Allelujah," Sumeragi grunts over the radio. "You can do better than that." Sumeragi is less distracted than Amuro Ray, mostly because she's used to arguing with people while otherwise multitasking by now. It's actually a valuable Celestial Skill.

Still, the battle is providing all manner of interesting data on the GN-Xes. "Hhh," Sumeragi says, watching as suppositions and educated guesses are borne out by the grim ending of Cagalli Yula Athha. "Allelujah," she says with a weary tone, "these units seem to be built for speed as much as anything else. What you need to do is cripple the unit's mobility -- I'm sure the Kyrios can outpace these things, so cut their metaphorical legs out from under them and then enjoy your roast duck." Tactical data and estimated key striking points are then transmitted via radio.


COMBAT: Sumeragi Lee Noriega has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Sumeragi Lee Noriega has activated a spirit command.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "I don't trust that girl on the radio -- I need evac and I need it now! The boosters on the Aile are damaged, I can't get away fast enough!"

<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "I'm solo out here, the rest of the 18th are still back on Earth..."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "Hold on a moment, Cagalli. I will be coming to pick you up."


It's coming ...

It's coming ...

It's here!

Allelujah pushes his Gundam onward, swerving smoothly to the right in order to diverge from the GN-X's path thinking he had cleared it; unfortunately, reality makes itself known in the form of a horrible scraping noise down near his feet and an awful vibration. Red marks blink on his HUD -- the side's been hit.

"-- Uuugh!"

The supersoldier grimaces, swinging Kyrios back around to face Leo's GN-X in a swirl of green sparks. He pauses to listen to Sumeragi's words. They're always calming -- like a mother. "... Roger," he murmurs.

At that moment, the damaged Kyrios drifts forward for only a second before it snaps itself back into its more familiar humanoid form, brandishing a pair of what looks like a pair of pincers from its shield. "Now ... stay still!" he calls, surging onward with the pincer extended outward -- like the mouth of a hungry animal.


COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has activated a spirit command.


Alia smirks, very satisfied as the GN-X with the apparently untalkative pilot -- Meiya, though Alia doesn't know it -- goes into retreat. "That's what happens when I team up with the Elemental of Tempests! I'll...ah!" She's interrupted by several beam rifle shots, and Zefholm goes into a series of ascending spins to avoid them, and even snaps off a magic-missile bolt in return fire. This works for the most part, though one red beam slams through the side of its upper body, Alia's vision exploding into a blur of red as the prana generator takes a hit. "Th... that hurt..." With calls for help coming all around, Alia opts to not bother with returning fire on David's GN-X. Instead, she sends Zefholm zipping toward the ST Falcon again, its remaining arm scooping up the tiny machine. From there, the white elemental tries to zip for the Ame-No-Mihashira space station at impressive velocity indeed.


COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has attacked Leo Stenbuck. Claw Shield - Catch added to their queue.


Driven by her desire to show her doubtful superiors she's not worthless, Zabiarov unleashes onto the Dias, cleaving twice with her beam weapons into the unit and cutting its counterattack cold in the process. Wide-eyed and shaking, the pilot of the Bolinoak just drives her actions on pure instinct and adrenaline. Being Newtype doesn't hurt, either.

"It takes more than that!" the girl transmits to the Dias' pilot, recoiling swiftly from the unit before her. Just as she's backpedaling her bulky unit the Dias unleashes its bazooka, and promptly the girl swings the Bolinoak's arms around, using the shield to defend her poor unit as swiftly as possible. Struck, it shudders again, smoke roiling from critically hit areas of the unit.

"I need...I need a hit," she murmurs in her cockpit.

Swinging the unit's arms down, the unit's verniers bursting and giving her Bolinoak speed. Speed enough to launch it at the Dias and take again into hands a tomahawk and beam, unleashing another onslaught of furious blows onto the unit and, hopefully, disable the Rick Dias for good.


COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has attacked Lyle Dylandy. Two-Weapon Mastery added to their queue.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has struck a major hit on Lyle Dylandy's MSA-099 Rick Dias using Two-Weapon Mastery.

Knock Out! Lyle Dylandy's MSA-099 Rick Dias unit has become disabled!


Bastion grunts...

Damn that hurt...

Floating towards the Zeta Gundam, Bastion aims to grab the leg of the unit. "Whatever you believe in, you believe in it strongly, reguardless. For that you at least have my respect." Bastion says, to the out cold pilot. Bastion, starts flying him towards Rain and her ship. Bastion could use some repairs before returning to defending, and he was sure the Zeta could use a patch to get back to their side.

Or a cold pack for his head.


Ivy Starbuck does not feel bad for Cagalli. It was well-fought, and it doesn't occur to Ivy that she should have anything differently. Fighting is how it is supposed to be.

She salutes the retreating Orb machine with her saber, which flicks off as she does it.

Ivy considers her half-a-GN for a moment. She /wants/ to keep fighting, but even she would have trouble getting around with no legs - and more importantly, none of the maneuvering thrusters on the legs.

It turns and fires all its remaining thrusters in a slow retreat toward the Dogosse Gier instead, even though it grates on Ivy to /ever/ retreat.


COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has struck a solid hit on Leo Stenbuck's GNX-603T GN-X using Claw Shield - Catch.

COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has counter attacked for a minor hit on Allelujah Haptism's Gundam Kyrios using GN Vulcans.


Close as he is, there's not much that Yazan can do to outmaneuver the close-range, high-speed assault that the Sadalsuud unloads. Blazingly powerful, those crackling blades of energy impale through the Astraea over and over, cutting through its torso, severing off one of the legs, impaling through its eye. The machine is /blasted/ backwards, debris floating lifelessly around him as it flips and spins, ultimately coming to a stop... with one gigantic gun unloaded into its waiting hands.

"Know my name, huh?" Gable breathes out, voice dangerously low. "You know why you know my name...? You know why /I/ /don't/ know your name...?!" Black and crimson energy crackle at the barrel of the weapon, growing more and more intense with an almost sickening glow.

"BECAUSE I'M BETTER THAN YOU IN EVERY FUCKING WAY!"

The trigger is pulled, and from the barrel comes a sudden, TREMENDOUS pulse of blood-red energy surrounded by crackling black arches of electricity, engulfing everything in its path -- and seeking to gobble up the Sadalsuud in one explosive impact.


COMBAT: Yazan Gable has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has attacked Fon Spark. GN Launcher added to their queue.


Russel Bagman is hit bad, he's hit very badly at this point but isn't giving up. There is a slim ray of hope for the EFA task forces though as Bastion fells the infamous Zeta Gundam. That might also be a blow to Orb's moral as well maybe they can still win this. "I haven't lived this long byt running away!" Russel brings up the protect rod to try and lessen the damage the rod is ruined the arm is horribly damaged b the attack. "You don't scare me! You have nonthing on my CO! LT. Tarask." It's nothing personel, against Orb. He was given this assignement and he's got his orders after all. He keeps up the brrage of fire from the rifle as he darts around the other machine.


Any normal pilot would have been obliterated sveral times over by the Man from Jupiter. The O is a powerful and deadly unit, piloted by someone even more deadly. The pressure comes down upon Ghina, and he grunts, eyes narrowing slightly.... The Amatu seems to falter in the path of the O as it unleashes four saber blades. The shining blades strike down...

And suddenly, Paptimus feels something melt away under him, shifting strangely as the Amatu suddenly bolts to the side, spars flying as the four sabers slash down and catch his unit on the opposite side, slicing off what little armor remains on the machine there. The Amatu vanishes, blurring away...

And Paptimus recieves a message. "The difference between you and I... is that you made too many assumptions."

And a moment later, the Gold Frame explodes into sight, scything towards the arms on the right side of the O, slashing downward with efficient, brutal power before spinning, lashing out with the twin blades, scything inwards in a twirling drilling strike. An observer might fight the attack artful and deadly. Paptimus, however, will find it something else entirely.


COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has attacked Paptimus Scirocco. Beam Saber Mastery added to their queue.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has attacked Rondo Mina Sahaku. GN Beam Rifle Maneuver added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "Who else is down?"


Irm Kazahara is decently badass, but Amuro Ray is serious business.

As Irm's GN-X flies on in, his beam saber passes through the air again that Amuro's Rick Dias was once filling only to have it dance all around his attack and even his next swipe with the blade. The difference between Irm and Amuro and I mean where it really counts is where Amuro pulls his crazy little maneuver and it's a true testament to Irm's skill that he's able to survive this kind of attack without getting his GN-X shot to pieces. The timed rain of gunfire crashes against the GN-X. If the chrome finish wasn't ruined before it is now, Irm throws up his messed up defense rod arm spinning it as it protects the drive and the cockpit. The rest of the suit is another matter. Red laser blasts tear throught he GN-X and cutting it to pieces.

Irm hisses as he narrow manages to survive this encounter. This was surely enough vital test data for the GN-X -- it's not every day you get to test an experimental suit against Amuro freaking Ray -- but so data is only worth so much versus Irm's life.

"Great. I left my tux at home and the old lady is mad at me. Again," Irm sighs, backing off as the gunfire stops. The GN-X fires it's boosters navigating through space as Irm steadies the verniers and directs himself away. "Sorry, pal, maybe next time I can give you a proper run for your money. And uh...could you do me a favor and send an autograph addressed to R I N G. M A O. Like the personal trooper developer on the moon. She, uh, hates flowers. Loves you though. Later!"

Irm hits the boosters and turns to make a hasty retreat unless Amuro has specific plans to the contrary.


COMBAT: Russel Bagman has struck a solid hit on Rondo Mina Sahaku's Sword Slaughter Dagger using GN Beam Rifle Maneuver.


The torso of the ST Falcon floats limply through space, it's systems dead and it's crew of two... basically sitting on their ass doing nothing.

"Any luck hotwiring the emergency power partner?" Silence, "... I thought not. Guess we'll just have to wiat for a res--" The ST Falcon suddenly shudders as it's picked up by Alia. Of course, Michael doesn't know that, since the only light they have is an emergency flashlight and the rest of the cockpit is pitch blackness, "--cue... I only hope that's our side picking us up. I don't wanna spend time as a POW."


COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Ghina Sahaku has struck a glancing hit on Paptimus Scirocco's PMX-003 The O using Beam Saber Mastery.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "... She's not finishing me off?"


One would hope - in this case, Lyle would be the one doing the hoping - that the sticky shot from the clay bazooka would be enough to slow down the Bolinoak. "It was a good shot, too," he mutters to himself, a lighthearted complaint to the universe at large. Even his brother would...

...Oh right, there's an enemy MS trying to kill him, he should do something about that.

On its last legs, the Rick Dias fires up its verniers and main thrusters in the hopes of escaping Zabiarov's newest attack, but this time... This time the suit just can't manage it. Maybe it's just taken too many hits already. The Bolinoak's beam sabers slash and cut at the Rick Dias, destroying the bazooka, badly damaging the remaining arm and shearing off a leg, to say nothing of the damage inflicted to the main body of the suit. Lyle, meanwhile, feels sort of like a superball in a small box being bounced down some steps as he jostles around his cockpit, red lights and annoying, annoying sirens blaring.

The green Rick Dias... Isn't going to be able to fight any more.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Lyle Dylandy transmits, "D... Dammit..."


Xabungle's kick is poorly aimed, especially when you consider that Jiron doesn't have any idea how the hell to fight in zero gravity. It spins faster, coincidentally causing the fire water to whiz past him and into the depths of space. Jiron clings to the steering wheel, loathing that space doesn't work the way he wants it to every second he's up here.

The Thousandweight crashes into the blue machine, hammering into the lower body and stopping it's spin. Armor crumples from the impact, and inside of it, Jiron gets thrown around. He bounces off the ceiling of the cockpit and then crashes headlong into the windshield, groping for a hand-hold and getting a particular lever. He tugs on it as he tries to 'crawl' through the air back to his seat, causing the right arm to swing out and up, smashing into the side of the castle-slash-tank and hooking the arm around one of the castle towers.

Jiron gets seated. He pulls a roll of duct tape out of the glove compartment, working the wheel and controls with one hand and trying to peel off some of the tape with a combination of his free hand and his teeth. Xabungle starts to 'climb' the tank, trying to get on top of it and away from the big cannon, sudden kicks and punches at it to try and make handholds and footholds for him to get on top. Rocket may not appreciate the attempt.


COMBAT: Jiron Amos has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Jiron Amos has attacked Rocket. Boarding Action added to their queue.


The Mercy continues its siganls as its pilots continue to round up the wounded and take them aboard their ship. However, the Pilots receieve no responses from the Wing Zero Custom and very carefully take the escape pod into the GM Light Armor's hands. It dashes off towards the Mercy to return Dyson before heading out.

Meanwhile, The GM Custom II picks up the signal and dashes off towards Camille's disabled Zeta Gundam. It begins to lock the damaged suit down and transmits to the pilot, "Hey, hey pilot.. You alive in there. Give me a sign of you are.", not wishing to move until it gets a signal from Camille.

Meanwhile, The GM Cannon II begins heading towards Cagalli's suit, transmitting friendly signals as it approaches. The pilot within looks at the suit and transmits, "That was one hell of a fight.. You look pretty beat up.. Hey pilot of this thing, are you alive in there?"


Among other fights, Sumeragi Lee Noriega monitors the clash between Yazan Gable and Fon Spark. She's largely left the two of them be -- Fon is a vicious son of a bitch (she knows this much) and whoever's piloting the Astraea would appear to be a slaughter-happy maniac from the way he's fighting. Still, the fight is coming down to the wire, and she hisses to herself with a sharp inhale. "Fon Spark, transmitting coordinates," she suddenly announces via radio. "/Move./"


COMBAT: Sumeragi Lee Noriega has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has missed Fon Spark with his GN Launcher attack.


The Gold Frame performs that disappearing trick again, but somehow, somehow, the Man from Jupiter is looking right at it as it reappears. Thrusting away from the sudden strike, the shoulder guard is sliced into but thankfully the arm remains. "Impressive!" Scirocco compliments freely. How did he react like that, and how did he know where Ghina was? There's something very special about the Man from Jupiter, and it might just be blind luck; or an ability to see through the surprise tactic likely to be employed by such a fast and deceptive unit.

Blazing away closer to the Dogosse Gier, The O spins about, letting its existing velocity continue its path away from the Gold Frame. The air between the two units, however?

Full of deadly beam fire, as the Admiral unleashes an entire clip, taunting the enemy pilot to breach the gap and get in close again. "Forgive me if my assumptions have been off-base, you are indeed an able pilot. But you are not my equal."


COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has attacked Rondo Ghina Sahaku. Beam Rifle Barrage added to their queue.


The missiles smash into the Federation unit, but as the blast clears...well, it's still going strong. Or at least more or less as strong as it can go with so much damage. "Alright! You /better/ run! The name's David Churchill, hah! Don't forget it!" With that, the GN-X flips with a burst of GN Particles and starts to scream back towards the fleet once more, red particles streaming behind it as it heads back to relative safety and to defend said safety with his -- barely -- operational unit.


Leo smirks as Kyrios transforms into a mobile suit; that'll make his job a lot easier. The GN-X make handle a lot like an Orbital Frame, but it still isn't one, and it takes Leo a moment to cancel out his momentum and charge back in towards Allelujah and Kyrios. He's just drawing close once again when the Gundam's shield snaps open into a claw. That makes the smirk disappear real fast.

"Wha-- damn!" Leo pulls up hard, but it's not enough; the two mobile suits collide, Kyrios catching the GN-X easily in its claw. "Don't think it'll be that easy!" Leo shouts. This time, he /does/ transmit his shouting.

The claw has happened to pin the GN-X's left arm to its side; the right arm remains free, albeit in an awkward position. Cursing, Leo opens fire with the GN-X's head vulcans, unleashing a burst of relatively tiny bullets into the Gundam's head. It provides him the moment he needs to wrestle the beam rifle into position, angling it downwards at the Kyrios's shoulders.

"I'm gonna make sure you never 'intervene' again, you Goddamn hypocrite!" Leo shouts. His finger tightens around the beam rifle's trigger, and the weapon spews a quick trio of blood red beams of energy out towards the Gundam Meister. At almost point blank range, that's probably bad news.


COMBAT: Rocket has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has attacked Allelujah Haptism. GN Beam Rifle Assault added to their queue.


With a heavy exhale, the young pilot of the Bolinoak unit watches the Dias stagger from the furious blows, becoming disabled and going cold on the battlefield. Relieved, the girl seems somewhat pleased with herself. The unit her Master Paptimus has entrusted her with has proven itself, she thinks.

Wait--Paptimus!

The green and blue unit swings around, facing the Dogosse Gier once more. There, she spies her Admiral engaging his unit with the Gold Frame. Frowning deeply, the girl hesitates for a moment. Should she stand back? The O seems like it too is struggling, but...would he get mad?

Shaking her head, the girl lets her eyes pinch shut before she merely pushes on her controls, sending the Bolinoak hurriedly toward the skirmish. With her weapons in hand, they again phase, forming a pair of tomahawks as she attempts to close in on the Gold Frame and cleave into its sides with either weapon.

"Master Paptimus!!"


COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has attacked Rondo Ghina Sahaku. Dual Beam Tomahawks added to their queue.

COMBAT: Jiron Amos has missed Rocket with his Boarding Action attack.

COMBAT: Rocket has counter attacked for a minor hit on Jiron Amos's Xabungle 2 using Boomerang.


The Princess may be scared, but Ivy is leaving and Cagalli /really/ does not trust the GM Cannon II, white flag or no. "... Get away," Cagalli says, taking a deep breath. "The reactor isn't stable. Go help someone else." She might be lying, but does the GM pilot really want to take that risk?

The Aile continues to drift slowly away, boosters occasionally flaring to take it just a step or two further back.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "Wait, are they picking up Camille?"


Amuro Ray pants after the execution of his sexy dance, and watches the GN-X begin its retreat. He's conflicted here; he wants the GN drive. He wants it bad. He needs to know what Celestial Being is hiding... but he doesn't want to shoot a guy who's leaving the battlefield in the back. Long moments pass. Then he sighs in disgust. "Like the guy in the 40,000 space dollar suit is going to shoot someone in the back." He turns the Rick Dias around, heading over towards... the other Rick Dias.

"Easy there buddy," Amuro Ray mutters, reaching out to grab the green Dias' hand. "Hold on now, this is gonna pull some Gs." And with a grunt and a spin, he hammer-throws Lyle's unit back towards the space fortress. Hopefully it doesn't get sniped on the way back. With that done, he turns, searching for the ugly-as-sin machine that was fighting Lyle.

"Come out come out wherever you are..." he mutters, reaching back to pull out the clay bazooka again. "I won't bite."

This is a lie. Beltorchika often complains of how much Amuro Ray bites.


Inside the cockpit of the Dagger, Mina frowns. Her eyes close briefly, as she tilts her head downwards. What is this? Is the tide of battle turning? No, not quite, but... "Hmph. I've wasted too much time here." As the Dagger's radio relays a sudden flurry of information, Mina reopens her eyes. "Very well, then."

The beam saber in the Dagger's right hand is hurled off to the side, so that the suit can use a two-handed grip on the anti-ship sword. With Cagalli being shot down, she needs to end this fight as quickly as possible. While the GN-X flies around the Dagger, blasting away, the Orb mobile suit merely stays hunkered down behind the massive beam saber, taking beam after beam to its armor. It quickly becomes a collection of seared holes, yet somehow remains mostly intact?

Welcome to the joys of laminated armor, boys and girls.

But since the beam-resistant armor can't last forever under the onslaught, Mina waits for just the right moment. Which is... "Now!"

Lurching into motion, the Dagger heads not directly at the GN-X, but where Mina calculates it will be in just a moment, and goes into a full spin, putting all of the suit's momentum behind the anti-ship sword. She had hoped to retrieve the unit's GN Drive, but there's no sense in holding back any more.


COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has attacked Russel Bagman. Anti-Ship Sword Rampage added to their queue.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Russel Bagman has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has struck a apocalyptic critical hit on Russel Bagman's GNX-603T GN-X using Anti-Ship Sword Rampage.

Knock Out! Russel Bagman's GNX-603T GN-X unit has become disabled!


/Alert, alert!/ another of the droids calls out. /We are being boarded!/

"Can't have that," Rocket responds. "But where - oh, he's on the outside .... wait, that giant thing won't fit in here! But we can't hit him while he's on our hull ..."

/Recommend recursive attack trajectory,/ a third automated soldier states, carrying a boomerang to the cannon and chucking it in.

"... if you're recommending, shouldn't I be the one who actually - ?" Rocket's argument is cut short by the distinctive sound of a wooden boomerang slamming into a giant robot - and from the sound of things, knocking it off the Schleiman's hull. "- never mind, thanks. Now where is he ..."

The Schleiman Tank rumbles into motion as Rocket tries to get a fresh target fix on the Xabungle ... and inadvertantly does so by potentially running it over with the giant mobile fortress!


COMBAT: Rocket has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rocket has attacked Jiron Amos. Run Over added to their queue.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has missed Allelujah Haptism with his GN Beam Rifle Assault attack.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has counter attacked for a minor hit on Leo Stenbuck's GNX-603T GN-X using Beam Saber.


Zefholm lands inside one of the station's hangars, setting the ST Falcon down carefully; it's already a useless wreck, but the people inside may not be and don't need any help becoming more like that. "There..." Alia makes a quick transmission asks the engineering teams to come down to help the Falcon's crew, then the wind elemental turns and flies right back into the battlefield... having apparently ignored David's boasts for now. Her next destination: The disabled Aile, hoping to butt in on the debate between Cagalli and the GM Cannon II's pilot. "Thanks, but I'd prefer if you back off from her. I've got it from here, so you might be better suited to looking after the Federation?"


COMBAT: Rocket has struck a major hit on Jiron Amos's Xabungle 2 using Run Over.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has missed Rondo Ghina Sahaku with her Dual Beam Tomahawks attack.

COMBAT: Sarah Zabiarov has successfully covered Rondo Ghina Sahaku.

COMBAT: Paptimus Scirocco has struck a solid hit on Sarah Zabiarov's PMX-002 Bolinoak Sammahn using Beam Rifle Barrage.


Michael feels the Falcon being set down and instinctively reaches for his hidden sidearm, just in case it is the EFA who picked him up. Thankfully as the hatch opens, he finds himself looking at Orb Techies instead and sighs with relief, "Oh thank god, now I don't have to spend the next five years in a small cell with a guy named Bubba."


The GM Cannon II throws its hands up the air, showing no sign of hostile nature as Cagalli transmits her message. The pilot within shrugs his shoulders, "So be it. Like my buddy said, I still get paid regardle---" and then sighs, "If thats really the case, Then why are you still here? Honestly, if the suit was gonna blow i'd be out of here without replying to me.."

The pilot transmits again, "Look im a trailer. I could care less what the EFA thinks but I can't leave a pilot out here stranded.. So i'll you again, Will you let me help you o--?" and then Zefholm appears, "Sounds fine to me.. Just glad you came out. She threatened to blow me up anyway.

Meanwhile the GM Custom continues to check on Camille's condition and transmits to the Mercy, "Mercy this is Gold 3, The pilot in this suit is showing no response.. Orders? "Make necessary preperations to return it to the Station." "Understood. Proceeding with orders.", replies Ray as he dashes over with Camille's suit as Zefholm appears next to the GM Cannon II, "Hey, if you are heading back to the base. You may wanna take him with you."

The GM Custom delivers Camille's busted Zeta and continues, "Trust us or not, It doesn't matter but this pilot has not responded to any of my transmissions. You may wanna get him looked out." and then the suit looks to the Cannon II, "Come on lets get out of here

Meanwhile, the GM Light armor heads back out per his orders and starts picking up more of the EFA fallen.


Russel Bagman Says, "Then I have done my job by keeping you away from my comrades!" HJe attempts to parry the attacks that are comming in his way but there's no good at this point. Russel has noted it's got some sort of anti beam stuff. The blade sinks into the machines' right fank taking it's right leg with it and part of the lower torso at this point. The Damage is bad, very bad the alarms are going off at this point. The GN drive unit now turns some how Russel is coaxing a bit more out of his machine and starts flee as fast as he can go. All the while trailing red sparklies behind him...


Allelujah didn't expect that thing to have vulcans -- the design is completely new to him. It can't be helped, after all; it would be tough to avoid it in this kind of position. He's glad that he even managed to catch the GN-X: he's never seen a mass-produced unit be that /quick/. He breathes deeply, inhaling sharply to keep his focus as he sees the rifle rise ...

Something in his mind clicks.

Particles ... particles everywhere. The world is going in slow motion as the Meister awakens his quantum brainwaves, reaching into their potential for just this moment -- just this moment. Kyrios' claw shield disengages, letting go, and for a moment the mobile suit just seems to ... disappear.

Leo Stenbuck is then reminded of the supersoldier's continuing presence by a sudden grind -- Kyrios is now right next to the GN-X, snapping its violet beam saber across its back and then whirling back around for another pair of swift swipes. Allelujah isn't sure if he got that Tau Drive off or not -- there's too much going on to check.


COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has attacked Leo Stenbuck. Double Beam Saber added to their queue.


"Incoming, Incoming! Co-ordinates marked, immeadiate evasive--"

"WHAT DO YOU THINK I'M DOING?!" Fon roared. Sumeragi may have gotten part of that transmitted, if Hanayo was feeling particularly sassy. After having spent a moment accepting the re-calibrated systems from the loss of a good weight of the Gundam, his intentions to persue were staved off by Yazan's sudden embrace of one particularly devestatingly massive gun. The GN Launcher, he knew all too well the potential output, infact he'd joyously blown the other's mech in half with it not so long ago! Having it pointed at /him/ made...his hair raise and his blood pump like nothing before! "AHAHAHAHA YES! Now this is getting SERIOUS!" Teeth bared, he of all things... went /right for/ Yazan.

Right at naturally meant he'd 'right at' out of the way too. Once he had the co-ordinates sent to him, and the other's new location mapped out...it was all a matter of, keeping ones eyes on the target. The blast of crimson energy washed on by, the heat of it making the armour of the Sadalsuud shimmer as it drew away what part of it lapped against the gundam...He didn't have a gun to match that size, but he wasn't holding onto any lill sling shot either! The large revolver like weapon was back in his hands, one of the chambers whirling into place, "You're wrong about that aswell!" His name? Fon didn't care about his name being known wide and far. Hell, Fon wasnt even /close/ to his real name! "BECAUSE IT'S CLASSIFIED!" That was the real reason! Another round blasted off as he pushed the seperation into narrowing, this round exploding further into pieces of highly charged and fast moving bits...likely to masserate anything that was caught right in the middle.


COMBAT: Fon Spark has attacked Yazan Gable. Revolver Bazooka Shrapnel Round added to their queue.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has missed Yazan Gable with his Revolver Bazooka Shrapnel Round attack.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has missed Leo Stenbuck with his Double Beam Saber attack.


From one side, Sarah Zabirov assaults the Gold Frame. From the other, Paptimus Scirroco. The two attack as a deadly team, striking out at the Lord of the Sahaku Family. There is one small problem, however:

If Sarah didn't attack him in melee combat, she might have avoided what was to come. As she calls for her Master and strikes, Ghina doesn't even look in her direction. Time seems to slow as he moves in a blur, neatly parrying and hitting bis boost at the same time. He slams into the Bolinoak, swiftly reversing their positions and kicking off of it, neatly shoving it into the path of the oncoming beam strike.

Paptiums may have many amazing powers, but calling back beam rifle shots are not among them.

Ghina chuckles as the beams strike his inpromptu shield. "You are correct... I am not your equal. I am your superior."

With another chuckle, the stealth systems engage again, and Rondo boosts away, invisible, sending back a parting comment. "I have other matters I must attend to. Do be careful with your minions... The next time, I may not be so merciful to them."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "The Man from Jupiter's attack dogs... I have detained him long enough."


"Is that so?" is Rondo Mina Sahaku's vaguely amused reply, before she turns her attention and radio to other matters. She doesn't even spare the retreating GN-X a second glance; while she would /really/ have liked to retrieve one of those Drives, she has something even more important to pick up.

Her Sword Slaughter Dagger moves away from Russel's GN-X, allowing him to flee unimpeded. Instead, the Dagger is on a course for the Strike Rouge, verniers blazing at full power, and anti-ship sword out just in case anyone is foolish enough to get in her way.

She does spare a glance towards the monitor displaying her mobile suit's energy levels, but at the rate she's been closely monitoring it, she estimates that the Dagger will be able to continue battle for a while yet.


The moment it becomes apparent that the Gold Frame is about to do the unthinkable -- to use a robot shield -- that trigger finger moves away from The O's big beam rifle, and the verniers blast, sending Paptimus back into the fray. But the damage, as they say, is done. "Sarah!" Scirocco shouts the name as his well-aimed shots instead hit his adjutant, but a quick scan reveals the unit to be in decent shape, all things considered. The O reaches out to steady the unit.

Those mocking words come, and the ease of nearby pressure assures the Man from Jupiter that the assailant is retreating. "Yes, run while talking 'smack,' the sign of a true 'superior,'" he bitterly comments to himself, before opening a frequency to Zabiarov's unit. "Your unit is critical, Zabiarov. You may want to withdraw. I need an overview of how we're doing. The pest kept me busy for entirely too long."


Alia appears on-screen for the GM Custom and Cannon II's pilots, looking less than thrilled. "Can't say I'm too shocked she'd do that, if you're out here on a Federation contract. Winding up even in Federation mercenary hands would mean being t..." Then she's suddenly surprised as the Zeta is brought over. That immediately takes a lot of the cynicism out of the elemental pilot, instead making her a lot more quiet and reserved. "...I don't have any money to pay you for this, you know." In an odd show of arm multi-tasking, Zefholm uses its halberd's hook to latch onto the Zeta Gundam, and try to wrap its forearm around the Aile. Clumsy, but it should work. She has a parting comment for the Trailers. "I'll want to talk with you all later. Sometime, somewhere. Get in touch?"

Then Zefholm begins to fly back to the space-station once more, with the pair of disabled mobile suits in tow.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Alia Winchester transmits, "I think that's everyone..."


"Wha--?" Leo gapes in surprise, as Kyrios releases his GN-X. The surprise quickly turns to disbelief as the Gundam practically vanishes, his rifle shots carving through empty space. "You've got to be /kidding/ me, where'd-" It's the GN particles, that all; these things mess with sensors and communication almost as much as the Minovsky particle, and they're probably not shielded against such density. With Kyrios and the GN-X locked in melee, their battlefield is quickly becoming a cloud of red and green(-ish) GN particles.

The mystery of the Kyrios's disappearance is solved when its beam saber bites into the GN-X's back, carving a gash just underneath the mobile suit's GN Drive. Thankfully, it misses the actual drive by mere inches. Allelujah comes in again with the pair of saber strikes, but the GN-X turns 180 degrees in a flash, lifting its now-free left arm to catch not one but both strikes with its own beam saber.

All three blades lock. It is totally sweet. "Nothing to say for yourself, huh?" Leo snarls. "That's fine by me!" The GN-X's leg snaps out suddenly, cracking a kick out at the Kyrios's stomach. It's not a hard kick; it is, in fact, just a distraction. The Titan rips his beam saber out of the blade lock and twirls around the Gundam Kyrios, lifting the GN-X's beam saber and slashing it downwards at Kyrios's left elbow.


The boomerang doesn't actually knock Xabungle off of the tank's hull, as much as Rocket would like to believe it did. The dent it made just wasn't enough to dislodge him, but it did make him lose his handhold and distract him long enough for the forward motion of the oddly shaped tank to slide him across the hull in a somewhat 'downward' fashion. After all, the enemy's gat--er, Space Fortress, is 'down.'

This means that Rocket, were he to be able to monitor the front of the tank, would see Xabungle trying to grab the eyes and failing miserably. The blue robot's hands bounce off the hull as he pounds on it in frustration, possibly causing an inexplicable gong-like effect inside while it /also/ accidentally makes it float forward and off it.

When the tank starts to roll forward across the hull, Xabungle floats in space, flailing wildly to try and get out of the way. It gets caught on the lower curve of the front of the slime and pushed under it, the impact and grinding of the treads wearing away at the armor more than weight ever could. After all, there's no gravity to make it heavy; Rocket's a very lucky slime, and Jiron is a very unhappy human being.

"Rrrrgh! GET OFFA ME!" Xabungle holds onto the front of the tank with both hands, and Jiron starts to kick at the bottom of it. One leg slams down against the hull while the other swings up to smash at the underside of the tank. Jiron tries to get enough force from Xabungle's shocking strength to pitch the tank forward and up into the 'air,' levered on his hands, so he can then pitch it at the hull and bounce it off into space.


COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has attacked Allelujah Haptism. GN Beam Saber Assault added to their queue.

COMBAT: Jiron Amos has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Jiron Amos has attacked Rocket. Kick Combo added to their queue.


"What the hell?" Yazan growls out, hairless brows furrowing as the Sadalsuud manages to just barely outmaneuver the monstrous particle beam. Excess particles lifting from the barrel, Yazan snorts, eyes flaring briefly as the Astraea clenches tighter on the handle of that massive beam cannon. "Heh. You're tougher than I thought," he says, almost to himself, his eyes still getting larger and larger.

"You're REALLY REALLY TOUGH, AREN'T YOU!?"

As Fon charges his Gundam forward, so too does Yazan, the deep blood red machine engaging its thrusters to full power as it deftly outmaneuvers each and every one of those massive pieces of charged shrapnel. Weaving between each one, the GN Blaster begins charging again... until Yazan is RIGHT in the Sadalsuud's defenses.

"Tell me HOW TOUGH YOU ARE!! C'MON!!"

With the barrel of the GN Blaster pressed right against the Sadalsuud's torso.

"TELL ME!"

And then a massive, omni-directional BURST of crackling red energy is unleashed in a wide array, meant to catch the Sadalsuud at point-blank.


COMBAT: Yazan Gable has attacked Fon Spark. GN Launcher - Burst Mode added to their queue.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has struck a major hit on Allelujah Haptism's Gundam Kyrios using GN Beam Saber Assault.


"Wh--!?"

Before the words can even leave the young adjunct's lips, Sarah's unit is swiftly avoided by the Gold Frame. Its pilot surprises her further with a sudden slam into the Bolinoak, jarring its young pilot violently in her seat. When her eyes look up, the bulky unit's display shows a barrage of beam rifle rounds flying right for her.

Doing her best to cover her unit, the shield-wielding arm brings itself around and absorbs some of the attack, but mostly peppers the green and blue unit, causing the young woman to cry out. Smoking fiercely, it shudders as it drifts back, the young pilot Zabiarov within suddenly and quietly cursing herself--and the clever Gold Frame pilot.

There's nothing from the unit for some time, even after Ghina takes his leave and parts from the battle. The Bolinoak quietly drifts in the air before, finally, transmission comes from the unit.

"Yes s-sir," the pilot transmits to her Admiral. "I am...v-very sorry. Please, be careful Master Paptimus." She thought she had the Gold Frame.

But that doesn't excuse her recklessness.

"Lieutenant...C-Commander Zabiarov, retreating. My Bolinoak is too damaged to fight without risk," she informs to the rest, as the Bolinoak heads back to the Dogosse Gier.


Allelujah Haptism's Gundam Kyrios transforms into its Gundam Kyrios - Gust mode.

COMBAT: Yazan Gable has missed Fon Spark with his GN Launcher - Burst Mode attack.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has counter attacked for a minor hit on Yazan Gable's Gundam Astrea Type F using Bazooka Smackdown.


As Alia' replies back to them, Ray, the pilot of the GM Custom smirks back with a scoff of his own as he replies, "Heh. Just seeing that you pilots are alright is enough payment for me. Besides, The Feds are footing the bill call this one on the house."

Ray's quirks at the offer to be contacted and closes his eyes, "I'll speak to the captain and we'll be in touch.. By the way..."

Then the GM Custom looks at the Alia as it begins to move, "You really should trust that woman.. She means well. If she hasn't done what she did, its likely those fed troops would have done alot worse and things would have gotten a hell of a lot more bloody. Lets go, Chuck."

Chuck, Pilot of the GM Cannon II, nods to his partner and they both head back to the Mercy. The GM Light Armor begins making its way back with two more suits. Meanwhile, back inside the ship, crew members begin getting the pilots whom are injured out of their suits as Medical Teams meet them on the ground.

Inside the bay, Rain continues to instruct and provide orders. As Isamu is taken from his escape pod and put upon a stretcher, Dr. Mikamura examines him personally, asking him as she does so, "Isamu.. Isamu.. Can you hear me?"


Melee isn't Allelujah's strong point -- what with not having too much depth perception. Still, he will not allow his inner animal to escape -- by any means possible!

Sabers grind against saber, the plasma crackling and flaring where the three meet. Kyrios is forced to move back, but excricating himself from this situation is going to be tough ... especially with what the GN-X does next. Allelujah's eye immediately goes for the foot; he's hesitant. Does this new model have some kind of weapon there?

He's knocked forward in his cockpit suddenly, hit -- thank god for seatbelts. "-- Auuuugh!"

Left elbow servo is out. A brief lick of flame spurts out of the joint, now severed to the point where only a thin strip of metal is holding it.

Allelujah thinks fast -- folding back in, the damaged Kyrios makes use of its speed to spring itself right the hell out of melee range like an arrow, green particles scintillating behind it as multiple missiles launch out from its pods, all streaking with that same glowing light. He needs to try again.


COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has attacked Leo Stenbuck. Anti-Air Missile added to their queue.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has missed Leo Stenbuck with his Anti-Air Missile attack.


"Affirmative, signal the retreat once they're finished shooting each other," Paptimus Scirocco realistically declares, following after his subordinate. The O will dock with the Dogosse Gier, and the Admiral will return to the bridge. Signal flares for a retreat will spin out into space shortly.


With a few more parting questions for Rain's mercenaries, Alia eventually breaks the connection and disengages. It's not long before she has the Aile and Zeta inside the station as well. She's not interested in sticking around however, sending in a signal for engineering to help them out as well... then Zefholm flies out once more to go find its missing arm, and head for Earth from there; Alia plans to go home for repairs.


Apparently Isamu is out cold but seems in better condition than he looks. Rain nods to the medical team, "He's stable. Get him to sickbay and begin x-rays. I want a full check by the time I get down there. Page me if his condition changes.'

he Medical team nods and rushes Isamu off into the elevator. Rain looks back towards space and sighs, . o O (Again.. another meaningless battle and to what end does it all serve?)


Fon was the blasted cockeroach that refused to die, in person. Always in your favourite snacks foulin' it up, and resisting being zapped by spray, or poisoned into the afterlife with bait. He was however, one of Fereshte's pests to be inflicted on others should they prove unlucky enough, and it so happened Yazan was in for today's treat. No doubt, many in the EFA would love to say the same or worse of Yazan, because for all Fon's misdoings...they likely couldn't quite stack up to the sheer brutality Gable had accrued over the years. Even the criminal Fon Spark detested wasteful terrorism, Yazan? He in all honestly, wouldn't see any difference.

"Fast!" Suprise etching his features, his eyes widened at the sharp curbing of any available room to move. Before another second had even thought to pass, the muzzle of the Launcher was already pressed against him, his own weapon out of place to even fire a glancing shot. "FON!" This time a shout from Hanayo herself, not the robot-like chirp of the haro. It was filled with all that she could muster as concern-- maybe not for him...on the outside, but for Celestial Being property. Left with but one option, he hit down. /Hard/.

The Launcher scraped down the front of the Sadalsuud after it was struck roughly with the butt of the Bazooka, till it pointed right between the legs, discharging its shot out of immeadiate harms way. By that, he was still in one literal piece, so to speak. Albiet somewhat scorched, some men might want to cross their legs at the thought a few more feet might have caused. Were gundams remotely human...

"I wont tell you," That gun trained itself now again on Yazan, in a reversal of positions. The Revolver was now against the other's abdomen, "AHAHAHAHA I'LL FUCKING SHOW YOU!!" Pointblank...wasn't it?


COMBAT: Fon Spark has attacked Yazan Gable. Revolver Bazooka Heavy Explosive added to their queue.

COMBAT: Fon Spark has struck a devastating hit on Yazan Gable's Gundam Astrea Type F using Revolver Bazooka Heavy Explosive.

Knock Out! Yazan Gable's Gundam Astrea Type F unit has become disabled!

COMBAT: Jiron Amos has missed Rocket with his Kick Combo attack.


Even with a beam weapon, Leo can feel the shudder of impact as his beam saber bites into Kyrios's arm. The GN-X lifts its beam rifle, Leo intending to follow up on the strike and put an end to the fight before things get too out of hand. He doesn't get the chance; the arms have decalibrated slightly, thanks to the claw shield, and by the time he gets his crosshair centered on the Gundam it's transformed, and it shoots away from the GN-X.

"Tsk," Leo scoffs, taking a moment to attend to the error with his machine's arms. "Running away again? That won't save you..." Those missiles, however, might. Leo cracks his knuckles, settles his hands on the controls... and charges right into the oncoming swarm of missiles, brandishing his weapons.

The GN-X weaves and rolls through the cloud of missiles, navigating the swarm of explosives with ridiculous precision. They curve after it, but to little avail; they can't keep up with the mobile suit. Leo lashes out with his beam saber and places careful beam rifle shots as he makes his way through the swarm, leaving a trail of explosions behind him.

As the GN-X emerges from the other side of the salvo, totally unharmed, all of the remaining missiles go up at once as the final missile the boy destroys sets off a chain reaction. Leo hmphs, and accelerates; the GN-X can't keep up with the Gundam, but he has little choice but to try.

The Titan leans hard on the throttle, pushing the GN Drive as far as it'll go and falling in behind Kyrios. Once the GN-X gets as close as it's liable to to actually being on the Gundam's tail, it raises its beam rifle. Leo takes careful aim, and fires twice, a pair of blood red beams lancing out of the weapon towards the Kyrios.


COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has attacked Allelujah Haptism. GN Beam Rifle Maneuver added to their queue.

COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has struck a major hit on Allelujah Haptism's Gundam Kyrios - Gust using GN Beam Rifle Maneuver.


Well, for all its size and magical nature, you have to admit that the Schleiman Tank makes a *REALLY* nifty percussion instrument. Or would, probably, in a sufficient atmosphere.

Rocket's ears are certainly ringing - and slimes don't even HAVE ears (yet they can hear, somehow ...). But as impressive as Xabungle's kicks are, they don't do any damage to the Schleiman except for heaving it away from the Ame-no-Mihashira's hull ... and shortly thereafter, Rocket launches a whole freakin' mess of Chimera Wings into the space around the Schleiman. Most of the magical wings latch on and carry the Schleiman back to the surface on which its positioning depends.

The handful which remain seem to be intent on doing the same thing to the Xabungle, and will slam *it* against the colony wall if enough of them latch.


COMBAT: Rocket has attacked Jiron Amos. Chimera Wing Drop added to their queue.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "-- Wggh!"


Yazan still has to get used to this new unit.

But that's what makes this so /fun,/ isn't it?

With only one major blow against his opponent, Yazan still hardly looks deterred. Eyes narrowed, the (former) Titans ace rears the Astraea's right arm upwards, GN Proto Blade locking into place. "Tch. I'm gonna have to leave the real fun for next time. What a waste--"

But Gable doesn't even get a chance to finish his sentence before those revolver shots suddenly RIP through the Astraea. It pulls back swiftly, so as to avoid the full brunt of a point-blank shot... but even then, each blast blows off huge chunks of the machine. An arm, its remaining leg, the head -- each are ripped free, exploding against the backdrop of space as Yazan's Gundam is sent spiraling outward, a ruined mess...

... but with a still functioning drive.

"Heh. Stupid punk," mutters Gable, before the Astraea suddenly begins /ripping/ away, the debris-strewn, ruinous hunk of metal attached to a GN-T Drive propelling across the vaccuum of space -- right back to the Dogosse Gier. "Gonna need to touch this thing up a bit..." To something he's more accustomed to. But who--? Yazan blinks, and grins.

"Heh. Yeah, that'll work."


"Hrm." As it seems that Cagalli's rescue has already been seen to, Mina guides her Dagger to fall in alongside the Strike Rouge and Zefholm. She remains silent for a few moments as she studies the current battlefield conditions, and then diverts her mobile suit away from Ame-no-Mihashira. "Miss Winchester, I am trusting that you will get Cagalli back to Ame-no-Mihashira. It seems I must return to the battlefield."

The gold-and-black Dagger makes its way towards where Kyrios and one of the few remaining GN-Xs are fighting, although Mina makes sure to keep an eye out for other targets of opportunity.

Yeah, Mina /really/ would like to have one of those shiny new EFA mobile suits to study.


COMBAT: Rocket has struck a minor hit on Jiron Amos's Xabungle 2 using Chimera Wing Drop.


People seem to think that Al's running away --

-- Of course, when Kyrios swoops back around, they tend reconsider that. Missiles discharged, Kyrios is forced into an odd path due to all of the beams running toward it.

That speed!

Allelujah hasn't heard of a mass-produced unit with such lightning-quick speed! Kyrios rumbles and banks as Leo's rifle plows into it, plasma raking huge holes in the belly and sides of the jet, which is forced to keep spinning with its momentum until it gets close enough to make a pass.

"You're -- you're one of those child soldiers, aren't you?" Allelujah replies, his voice full of guilt and pain. Ironically, he sounds a little younger than he actually is (blame the VA)

Larger, brighter shots snap off from the front of the Gundam, as though punctuating his speech.


COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has attacked Leo Stenbuck. GN Beam Submachine Gun Blast added to their queue.

COMBAT: Allelujah Haptism has struck a major critical hit on Leo Stenbuck's GNX-603T GN-X using GN Beam Submachine Gun Blast.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "I am moving to assist Kyrios in capturing the mobile suit it is engaged with."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "Don't -- don't kill the pilot, please."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "I was not intending to. However, that is really up to him."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I don't trust their intentions for capturing one of these GN drives, Allelujah."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "If you get a chance to grab it, grab it first."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Allelujah Haptism sounds tired. "I'll try -- Kyrios is reaching critical levels of damage."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I'm aware. If you can't get it, I'll deal with the problem later. But the fact remains -- I don't want this technology further proliferated."


The tank flies! Xabungle pushes off the fortress' hull with one hand and keeps one foot in the dent he made in it. The tank apparently is made of stuff tougher than anything Jiron has seen before, though it is still prone to being flung away from things. Jiron wants to keep pounding on it, to see if he can break through the armor, but he also doesn't want to get off what temporarily counts as solid ground. Then again, all those M1A's over there with the big, long sniper rifles don't seem to happy he's here...

As it turns out, Jiron doesn't need to make this decision himself. Xabungle is lifted off the space fortress and into space itself, where it flails and swings at the wings holding it. Jiron makes a distinct, "WAAAAAAAAAAAAGH," sound as they hurtle him at the fortress, the impact jarring him against his improvised duct tape seatbelt. He narrowly evades bashing his head against the steering wheel (again), and looks outside as Xabungle spins from the ricochet off the fortress.

What Rocket probably didn't plan on was Xabungle coming his way again, still flailing and kicking and punching and swinging and possibly even /headbutting/ as it spins through space. It is completely out of control, and it doesn't help that the pilot still has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT HE'S DOING HERE.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I'm already strategizing containment for the /current/ problem."


COMBAT: Jiron Amos has attacked Rocket. Best Plan - Cannot Fail added to their queue.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Tieria Erde transmits, "*Further* proliferated?"


COMBAT: Rocket has activated a spirit command.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, "Tch, he /ran/...What's this now?"

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "The EFA has solar furnaces. We just got hit by a bunch of their units -- they did some serious damage. Looks like whatever they have is at least superficially similar to the Trinities' drives -- red particles."


COMBAT: Jiron Amos has struck a glancing hit on Rocket's Schleiman Tank using Best Plan - Cannot Fail.

COMBAT: Rocket has counter attacked for a minor hit on Jiron Amos's Xabungle 2 using Spooklear Bomb.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "These units -- they're really strong."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Tieria Erde transmits, "Yes - I am looking at the battle take from Veda."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Strong, fast, and I can only imagine these pilots have no idea what kind of danger they're in."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Tieria Erde transmits, "You saw the news the other day?"

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Tieria Erde transmits, "About Lagna Harvey?"

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I did. Between this, Gary and the Trinities, and now the EFA having solar furnaces..."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Someone's laughing about this. There's no way this can all be coincidence."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Tieria Erde transmits, "He provided the Trinties with their gear."


"I'm not a kid!" Leo shouts in response. It's like a reflex. Allelujah opens fire again, and Leo repeats his earlier maneuver, charging into the beam SMG fire and presenting his defense rod. This time, it doesn't work as well. The rod deflects the first two shots Leo blocks with it. It survives the third, too... but the joint holding it to the GN-X's arm doesn't, and the mangled rod snaps off and goes flying away into space.

Suddenly defenseless, Leo curses violently as beamfire rattles across the GN-X's torso, collapsing armor inwards and snapping off protruding metal winglets. He keeps up the defense anyways, using his beam saber to slap a few of the Kyrios's rounds away. It doesn't work very well.

The GN-X emerges from the hail of beamfire still active, however, brandishing its beam saber once again. "And I'm NOT DONE YET!" Leo roars. The GN-X charges directly at the Kyrios, shifting its grip on its saber and hefting the weapon above its head, blade pointed downwards. A second later, it makes the natural progression from 'charging at' to 'charging into', slamming in knee-first at the Gundam. In the same motion, it plunges its beam saber straight downwards, trying to impale the Kyrios on the weapon. Despite the aggressiveness of the move, he still tries to place the weapon several meters behind the Gundam's cockpit block. He wants him alive; no accidents, no disintegrations.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Tieria Erde transmits, "Then was eliminated before he could reveal the mastermind behind their development. I'm sure you can understand what we are facing if a private corporation can create even these knockoff GN Drives."


COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has attacked Allelujah Haptism. GN Beam Saber Mastery added to their queue.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Yeah."


COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.


The damaged Sadalsuud hung there, one-winged in a field of debris...And its pilot wore a foreboding expression. Irritated even. "LOOK AT WHAT he had me do to the Astraea!" Slamming his fist against the console, he looked down to the haro within the terminal dock. "Still, he put up a good fight, even at a disadvantage." Fon was under no false impressions that his intimate knowledge about the other gundam had given him an edge. "/That/ one's not going to just disappear from major fights." Smirking atlast, he tossed his head, "Forget persuit for now." The future'd see to it, "I suppose we can check in with the rest of Celestial Being to see who's intact..." Counting on one hand, even if he didn't need too, "Ok, maybe one order fufilled. Eh." Shrugging, he shifted gears and blasted back to the general area of the Ptolemaois.


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Has anyone been in contact with Wang Liu Mei? She's usually popping up at these inopportune times knowing things no one else does -- I feel like there's a puzzle piece missing here, and I just need to find out /what/."


COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has struck a apocalyptic critical hit on Allelujah Haptism's Gundam Kyrios - Gust using GN Beam Saber Mastery.

Knock Out! Allelujah Haptism's Gundam Kyrios - Gust unit has become disabled!


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, " Noriega. We'll have to meet for drinks again."


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan gurgles from -- wherever he is. A hospital stretcher, maybe?


  • whang!!* Despite a Spooklear Bomb being launched at point-blank range, the Xabungle's flailing scores a good few hits on the Schleiman's hull, and Rocket backs his tank away from the big bright blue beating machine. Pity that it's not actually hitting at the right angles to do more than ding the hull. "Man. Well, you've got guts, I'll give you that much. But you really gotta be more careful when you're out in space .... this is where meteorites come from, you know?"

And speaking of meteorites, that's EXACTLY what the next salvo from the Schleiman Tank consists of.


COMBAT: Rocket has attacked Jiron Amos. Meteorite added to their queue.


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "--so many--so many voices--"


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Sorry, but right now I can't afford to take the time off, I'm doing my drinking on the job."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, "Atleast to followup on the /last/ friendly chat."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Damn, they're getting away."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "--tt."


COMBAT: Jiron Amos has activated a spirit command.

COMBAT: Rocket has struck a major critical hit on Jiron Amos's Xabungle 2 using Meteorite.

Knock Out! Jiron Amos's Xabungle 2 unit has become disabled!


<Radio: B - Tactics> Amuro Ray transmits, "Like the guy in the 52,000 space dollar suit is going to go chasing after them... come /on/."


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "--the GN Particles...! That's... that's what that feeling is."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Feeling? They have an effect on newtypes?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Is that what that was? I thought that was the feel of a 60,000 space dollar suit against my skin..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "--No, it's not... I don't know how to explain it."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Did it just go up eight thousand space dollars?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "This feeling... it's the same as being around a Cyber-Newtype."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Oh?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "...So there are cyber newtypes or something similar in the battle...?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Huh. Didn't seem quite the same to me."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "I sensed some Newtypes, but I didn't feel any cyber-newtypes... maybe they were further away."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "How is the battle going?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "So you're awake now, huh?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson transmits, "Hey, I'm just glad the only voice I hear in my head is my own."


"We're both being forced to fight ..."

Allelujah nudges Kyrios. Because of all of the damage, the controls aren't responding all that well as wounds build upon wounds; by now, the Gundam is showing its wear.

"If only ... the world weren't so distorted!"

The supersoldier veers, mustering up all he can -- but he's just been too exhausted by this stenuous fight. In only a split second, catastrophy breaks out: Kyrios has been full-on speared by the GN blade. The machine pops and fizzles, the nature of a vacuum not allowing for an explosion ... just a soundless, pathetic ripple of sparks. "Gyyaauuugghhghh!!"

'I'm sorry, Sumeragi-san,' he thinks, leaning back in his cockpit and staring up. His forehead feels sticky. Is it the sweat or something else?


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "I dunno Michael, it might be nice to have insight into what other people are thinking."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "No, it's not-- it's not the same, exactly."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "Kyrios ... is down."

<Radio: B - Tactics> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Moving to collect you."


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan grunts. "Back off!" he shouts, to someone... else. "I'm /fine/. Just leave me alone. I'm sitting up." Back to the radio. "There's something... similar. But not the same. Does that make sense?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Maybe it's a new kind of artificial newtype?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "These particles -- it's like... when you talk to someone in the air, you can hear them, right?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Like... Hmm, how could you make an artificial newtype... Gene theerapy, maybe."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "But when you talk to each other underwater, you can hear each other even louder."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "So these particles amplify your newtype powers?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "You can hear... whale noises... underwater."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "I wouldn't want to have a conversation though."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "... Right."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "'Amplify your power' sounds... like a good thing."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Or its range, at least."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "Souls free of gravity..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "... Don't really follow reasonable rules, you know/"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Ugh, I hate that metaphor..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "I don't really understand it, but I believe, now, that it means something important."


Finally, the Dogosse Gier sends the signal, and the fleet ships launch out the three signature flares that signal a retreat to those still on the battlefield. It seems the Federation is willing to fall back... for now.


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "I guess most people can't feel it, but for a Newtype... the Earth is beautiful, but there's something about it that's... like a chain."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "I still say that humanity should, if we're using that metaphor, strap rocket boosters to their souls... That way everyone can be 'free of gravity' if it's a good thing."


Yes they're leaving without Leo.


Rondo Mina Sahaku watches the battle between Kyrios and the GN-X with interest on her monitor, muttering something uncomplimentary about the machine as it's taking quite some time to get to the other two suits. The Aile pack would have let her get around more quickly, but then, she'd have wound up like Cagalli. Sword Striker 4 evuh.

However, just as Kyrios gets all fizzly and messed up- hopefully, the Meister is still alive. If not... well, one way or another, Mina is GETTING a GN Drive- the Slaughter Dagger gets into range. The mobile suit's right arm raises, and it punches towards Leo's GN-X...

And the rocket anchor fires and streaks out across the vacuum towards the head of the GN-X. GET OVER HERE.


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "People /can/ -- there's nothing stopping them from leaving the Earth, except that they can't part with it."


As Sumeragi sits on her bridge, brain metaphorically pulsing with all the data she's trying to find the connections in. It's like a word search, to oversimplify it -- even in the most random swarms of information, there's always a pattern. She just has to find it.

In the meantime, though, the Ptolemaios drifts toward the downed Kyrios, waiting for the situation to clear enough for a pick-up -- not just of Allelujah, but of Fon as well. And maybe, hopefully...

...Leo Stenbuck. Or, well, who cares about Leo. It's the drive she's interested in. Mina can have the rest.


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "The entire human race could flourish in space."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "...You think if someone breaks all attachment with earth they'll become a newtype?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson transmits, "They could... but I think the question is, should they?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "...Or did I misunderstand the metaphor?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "There's a difference between leaving the Earth and abandoning it."


COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has attacked Leo Stenbuck. Panzer Eisen Rocket Anchor added to their queue.


<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "The Earth has nourished humanity for thousands of years -- and humanity has sapped the Earth dry. Now, it's time for humanity to care for the Earth -- and let it recover in peace."


COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has struck a solid critical hit on Leo Stenbuck's GNX-603T GN-X using Panzer Eisen Rocket Anchor.


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "The earth needs our care. Otherwise it might get smacked by an asteroid like 65 million years ago."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "Some people are very happy with Earth, or at least a part of it."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "There aren't nearly enough people who live on the Earth without destroying it."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "If we leave, won't the La Gians eventually recolonize it? And not just the nice ones?"


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rocket transmits, "Looks like this blue robot's out of action now ... no, not you, big guy, the *really* big guy - the tank-sized machine out there."


<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson transmits, "I'm of the opinion that people should make their homes where they feel best. If someone wants to go out into space and live there, that's their choice, but no one should forced from their homes."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "The La Gians are humans, too. We're all one people."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "'The La Gians' is kind of off, anyway. There are several different cultures down there..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Someday people will cut through all this mumbo-jumbo and we'll understand what's really causing people to develop these abilities. Someday, the entire human race will be able to evolve itself..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rocket transmits, "Slimenia among them!"

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "If you could... see the world like I do, Staren..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "And some day I think I should meet with you... Rocket, right?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "_Everyone_ would be able to, Camille!"


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "I have one of the EFA mobile suits. Proceeding to disable it."


<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Yes, if they left the Earth."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "It's not mumbo-jumbo. It's the future."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan sounds dizzy, and halfway delirious. Probably his injuries. "Do you really think... it'll fix the hole in you?" And that thud is probably the sound of passing out.

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "It's not literally leaving the earth though. I've met both of you down here on land, your powers still work here, don't they?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "So it's something else, not just gravity..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "Is it really 'powers'?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "I don't have... powers."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "And I spend time on the Earth, and the Earth is my home as much as it's the home of every human being in the Earth Sphere."


SUDDENLY: METEORITE

Since Jiron is unfamiliar with space as a whole, he's not sure what to do about the sudden big rock coming at him. Inspiration strikes, though, as Xabungle grabs at the metal hull of the space fortress and crashes back down to it. It manages to get to a kneel, raising it's hands up and /catching/ the meteorite.

In more optimal conditions, Xabungle would throw it back. As it stands, the impact knocked something vital out of whack, and also sent another vibration through the frame of the Walker Machine. Jiron shakes in his seat again, violently this time, and holds on one more time. When he stops, he notices that he's floating off into space again.

"No problem, I'll just--" Jiron notices that it is suddenly very, very quiet. He pulls one acoustic earmuff away from an ear, listening.

Silence.

That's about when he notices the fuel gauge, with the red needle over the 'E', flat against that side of the gauge. Jiron punches the dashboard and gets on the radio, more than a little annoyed.


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Heck, cyber newtypes are rather... crude proof that there are other ways, although what those labs are doing is only a barely step up from bashing people over the head and seeing if they miraculously improve from it. Of course, all they care about is getting human weapons, not evolving humanity."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Cyber-Newtypes are only proof of one thing. You can't force evolution."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "No matter how hard people try."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Of course we can... That's what sets us apart from animals... We can manipulate the world, including ourselves... We're not bound to waiting for nature's cycles... We've abused this and despoiled the earth, but we can do so much more with it... Look how much better people's quality of life is than a couple thousand years ago! We can help the earth... And the final step is to leave natural selection behind and make _ourselves_ something better!"

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Manipulating the world is exactly what's wrong with us."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Look Staren, you've got your beliefs and we obviously don't agree."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "You'd rather live in a cold cave eating raw meat somewhere?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "I don't know. I think I'm fine just the way I am! Why do I need to change?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Obviously. You're still a nice guy, though."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "There's manipulating, and being a partner with."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "The best way to be a partner to the Earth right now is to let it heal."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "And there's another thing, Irunia -- Naturally, it would only be for people who want it. Forcing people is wrong... One of many things those labs are doing wrong."

<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson sighs, "Partner, the next time a conversation starts getting to metaphysical, gag me."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "If you take only the people who want off the Earth, then you leave all the people who are exploiting it."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "You're missing something, Amuro."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "No, you're all missing something."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "And it's not something I can give you."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "How is this metaphysical, Mr. Anderson? This is reality! This is the future!"

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "Missing what, pray tell?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "Tell me more."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "What is this thing you can't give us?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Heh."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "If we just up and leave Earth, there are threats out there that will capitalize on that. 'Exploit' it even more to make more weapons and gain a real base of power."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "You're confusing 'leave' with 'abandon' agaon."

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "These wars don't stop, Amuro Ray."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Taking people off the Earth is only the first step in protecting our home."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "War won't stop until we understand each other, Gary Bradge."

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine transmits, "Until we stop wanting."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "No real way to make people stop wanting without a fundamental psychoclogical change."

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "You can either fight or hide. That's it. You know that lesson, don't you, Amuro."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "There's nothing wrong with desire."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Same as there's no way to really make people stop fighting..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson transmits, "I understand you Newtypes look at things a little differently than others but... isn't forcing people from their homes just another way of manipulating things?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "I don't think he was proposing forcing people from their homes..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Cagalli Yula Athha groans. "Ugghh, my neck... I guess the whiplash caught up with me..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "You should see a doctor."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "I don't think he was either, but I still think Amuro's solution doesn't fit everyone."

<Radio: A - Chat> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "Yeah, I know. But -- we're talking about... what, leaving the Earth?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson transmits, "Then tell me what we're going to do about the people who don't want to leave their homes and build a new life elsewhere?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "If you are well enough to complain, Cagalli, then I will assume you are not seriously injured."


The GN-X's beam saber buries itself in Kyrios, and as the Gundam fizzles and fails, Leo closes his eyes. "If only..." he agrees, "... you weren't the one distorting it." He wrenches the saber out of the Gundam and kicks the inoperable mobile suit away, all with his eyes closed. "Sorry," he says smugly, finally opening his eyes again. "But it's the runner, not the-"

He's interrupted by the Slaughter Dagger's anchor. It plows into the GN-X's head and impales it, turning the limb into a twisted heap of metal pretty much instantly. "Damn!" Leo curses, the impact throwing him forward in his seat and sprawling him across his controls. His monitors all wink out at once, switching to dead, black screens. There go his main cameras.

It's okay. He doesn't need them. The GN-X tosses its beam saber away and snaps its left arm up, wrapping the anchor's tether around its arm and pulling it taut. That gives him a direction. The GN-X rotates suddenly, twisting around to face in the direction the anchor's wire leads and raising its beam rifle. "Sorry," Leo scowls. "No can do."

The GN-X fires; a single, blood red beam shot erupts out of its rifle and shoots up along the rocket anchor's tether, straight for the Slaughter Dagger.


<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "This discussion needs a man like Quattro. I'm not a speaker."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "As long as two people want mutually exclusive things, there will be conflict."


COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has activated a spirit command.


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Exactly!"


COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has attacked Rondo Mina Sahaku. GN Beam Rifle Mastery added to their queue.


<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Conflict doesn't need to be war."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "I wouldn't listen to Quattro any more than I would you, Amuro. I trust you, I just think you're wrong on this one."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Which makes me wonder how Celestial Being really plans to truly end war..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "The key is to take the upper hand and ensure that any conflict does not become uncontrollable."

<Radio: A - Chat> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "The colonies are a marvelous place, from a purely functional perspective. They are much purer than this corrupt Earth we live on."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "It doesn't, Mr. Ray?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "No, it doesn't."


Incidentally:

"Drop the GN Field," Sumeragi Lee Noriega says calmly. "Follow the course I'm inputting."

"B-But Sumeragi," Lichtendal says, glancing over. "This will take us /away/ from the Kyrios and the Fereshte Meister!"

"I'm aware. Drop the Field, stay on this course. And on my mark," the tactical forecaster says, face drawn tight, tone grim --

"-- full speed." There is a silent moment on the bridge. Everyone seems to be holding their breath. Feldt looks noticeably uncomfortable. Christina mostly just looks a little scared. Finally, after that sustained beat, Sumeragi says, voice clear and stern: "Mark."

The Ptolemaios barrels toward Leo Stenbuck's GN-X, cosmic contrail blazing a brilliant emerald. Its huge size dwarfs the GN-X unit easily -- and as the sparkling, shimmering bubble of the GN Field disappears, the silent fury of its engine output grows even more intense. It crashes through space, ready to tear all in its path asunder. An off-handed communique to Rondo Mina Sahaku strongly advises getting out of the way.


COMBAT: Sumeragi Lee Noriega has attacked Leo Stenbuck. Kill Steal added to their queue.


<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "But we don't... understand each other as much as we could. So conflict usually ends up as war."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Honestly I originally figured it probably involved forcing some weird psychological change on humanity, but that was before... Well, The rest of Celestial Being is a lot saner than my initial impression."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "War is when people who have enough followers behind them have a disagreement that cannot be resolved by rational means."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Or when two nations fight over living space."


COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has activated a spirit command.


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "As she says! Eventually it all comes down to force, when you have irreconcilable beliefs, and 'we can or cannot settle this without force' is one of them."

<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson transmits, "Nnng... I don't know. This entire conversation just makes me feel uneasy."

<Radio: A - Chat> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "-- Sorry, I spaced out a bit. It's not bad. Just... my neck stings a little."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "You reiterate my point."


COMBAT: Leo Stenbuck has struck a apocalyptic critical hit on Rondo Mina Sahaku's Sword Slaughter Dagger using GN Beam Rifle Mastery.

Knock Out! Rondo Mina Sahaku's Sword Slaughter Dagger unit has become disabled!

COMBAT: Rondo Mina Sahaku has counter attacked for a solid hit on Leo Stenbuck's GNX-603T GN-X using Midas Messer Beam Boomerang.


<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "I don't disagree with you. War is an inevitable part of our lives for the foreseeable future."

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "Humanity will not survive the challenges to come as long as we are divided, however."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "You seem to think I want everyone to leave the Earth right now /or else/."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "I don't think that's what you meant, though I wasn';t sure what you did mean."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Tieria, as he often is, is right."

<Radio: A - Chat> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "I understand that you consider it a process, Mr. Ray."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "So... You're suggesting a gradual move away, with those who are willing, until we completely leave Earth?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "That's the plan."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "If we export our own wars to the stars, as we've already done... then we're doing no one any favors."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Makes sense."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "How would you unite them, Mr. Erde?"


COMBAT: Sumeragi Lee Noriega has missed Leo Stenbuck with her Kill Steal attack.


<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "By completing Celestial Being's plan."


As the Xabungle runs into its problem pertaining to fuel, The Mercy continues its duty of helping combatants from battle. The GM Cannon II departs from the Mercy, calling out, "Chuck in GM Cannon II.... Heading out for my final run... Launching!"

The GM Cannon II heads out into space, its radar keeping a lock on Jiron's signal and attempting to scan the vessal. Chuck blinks as the scans begin to come in, "Uh.. Mercy. We're gonna need some minor fuel for this guy.. He's dead in the water with no support functions."

The com-link transmits to Chuck, "Roger that, GM Light Armor I is deploying to assist. Hang tight." and the GM Cannon II pilot grins as it makes its final approach towards the Xabungle, making a transmission to the pilot, "Hey kid.. You alright in there? We got some fuel coming to give you a hand. Im reading all your systems are offline. What kind of suit is this?"

Meanwhile, the pilot of the GM Light Armor deploys from the Mercy, heading towards the GM Cannon II with the requested fuel in hand.


<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "The rigors of living in space could allow mankind to overcome those petty things, Miss Noriega."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "...And this plan, will somehow bring all of humanity together... without psychological alteration of the entire species?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "Are you a member of Celestial Being?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester transmits, "No problem with that, Amuro. You won't see me leaving, but anyone who wants to is welcome to it in my book."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "No. I do not have top secret VEDA access."

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "Thank god."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "They could also goad people into fighting further, Bradge."

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "Then you do not need to know at this point."

<Radio: A - Chat> Lyle Dylandy transmits, "Whew, what a cheerful bunch."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "The problem has to be fixed in the cradle."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Only then can mankind grow properly."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Mm. Well, I hope your plan ends up being one we find agreeable in the end... Otherwise... We'll just be more divided than ever with infighting."

<Radio: A - Chat> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "There is always room for one skeptic."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "...Do top Orb people know, like the princess and Colonel Testarossa and Mr. Ray?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "If you believe that will happen, then it simply shows your lack of faith."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "I'm not really a top anything..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Fon Spark transmits, "Because none of that information is at all classified."

<Radio: A - Chat> Fon Spark transmits, " Hell all mighty, to think I had to fight for access to these channels again!"

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Celestial Being is an autonomous entity allied with the Orb Union, Staren Wiremu."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "This does not make us an open book."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "To anyone."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Lack of faith? Faith is believing in that which you do not know and understand."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alejandro Corner transmits, "Whatever our differences, we are all here for a common goal. Such bickering solves nothing."

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "Indeed. It would not serve us at all to fight each other, would it Alejandro Corner."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Of course. I was just curious if top Orb people knew and agreed with your big mysterious plan... But as some guy ust pointed out, that information itself may well be classified."

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "There is no mysterious plan, you flippin' jackelope."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "...There isn't?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "No, now shut up."

<Radio: A - Chat> Fon Spark transmits, "Forget faith, give me a solid gun and I'll use that."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Waaaaait, you're just messing with me. If I think there's no plan I'll stop asking questions."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alejandro Corner transmits, "Of course not. We all have a common role to fulfill. Unwanted and unfounded suspicions only help to undermine that goal. Don't you think?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Although I guess I'm not really in a position to ask. Certainly not to be told. I don't really expect to find out anything, but it never hurts."

<Radio: A - Chat> Fon Spark transmits, " You're a regular genious."

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "While you are here, Mr. Bradge, perhaps you would care to explain how you recieved your mobile suit."

<Radio: A - Chat> Fon Spark transmits, " Forget this, I'll take /myself/ off this channel."

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "The same way you received yours, Tieria."

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "Ah, I see. Quite interesting..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "...given that Celestial Being does not produce the GN Drives the Trinity suits use."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Belatedly, Mr. Erde, I do not believe either that the plan will work or that it won't work. I do not have sufficient data to expect either. I am just considering the possible outcomes from what little I know."

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "I'm sorry, you know every arm of Celestial Being now? How about the one Fon Spark belongs to?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine transmits, "Fighting amongst ourselves will gain us no advantage."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "There's something... wrong with those drives, isn't there?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Take it to our frequencies or drop it, both of you."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Wrong?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "We're not having this argument in front of the Orbulons."

<Radio: A - Chat> Camille Bidan transmits, "Like it's /eating/ them."

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde transmits, "Fereshte uses proper GN Drives."

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine tsks. "Love the trust."

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine transmits, "So you guys up in space managed to survive whatever the hell happened, right?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "So even Celestial Being is divided! Makes me wonder if all of you even know the real plan, whatever it is..."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega makes a very annoyed, very prolonged sigh.


<Radio: A - Chat> Michael Anderson transmits, "This entire discussion is giving me a headache. I think I'm just going to hit the sake and sleep it off."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "...Wonb't that give you a hangover?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "No one member knows all of Aeolia's plan, contrary to what Tieria wants you to think."

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine transmits, "The more you know that you don't need to know the more likely you are to screw up a good plan."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Bradge."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Enough."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "So if none of you know the plan, how can any of you be so sure it's a good idea?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "Control your purple haired little mutt, Sumeragi, and I won't have to."

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine transmits, "Faith."


As the GN-X starts to wrap the anchor's tether around its arm and pulls it taut, Mina remains calm. In fact, this works to her advantage; she'll just pull the same trick she pulled earlier against Russel's GN-X. Unfortunately, right as she's about to engage the Dagger's verniers, several things happen.

First, the GN-X raises its beam rifle.

Second, the Ptolemaios comes barrelling towards them, and Mina receives a communique from Sumeragi. The gist of it? 'To: Mina. From: Sumeragi. Plz move ur ass or die, 'k?'

So it's understandable when Mina's composure is suddenly shaken a bit.

Third, the beams from the GN-X begin to streak towards her, leaving her with mere seconds to make a tough choice. The anti-ship sword is cast aside, as she pulls the beam boomerang from the Dagger's shoulder mount, making two quick slashes.

The first cuts through the tether, seperating the GN-X and Dagger, and the second flings the boomerang towards the GN-X's upper chest, right below the head. Hopefully too high to hit the cockpit, but maybe it'll hit something vital.

And then, the Dagger is struck by beam after beam, the suit's laminated armor beginning to glow from the thermal transfer, and then burn away. Mina raises the arms to protect the cockpit, but the damage quickly mounts... and results in a loss of power to the verniers.

Which, of COURSE, means that she can't get completely clear of the Ptolemaios and winds up getting sideswiped by the ship as Sumeragi's terrible, terrible driving results in a near-collision...

... And /still/ doesn't take out Leo.

Of course, in her severely damaged, mostly-out-of-power mobile suit, spiralling slowly through space, Mina has plenty of time to think about how much Celestial Being sucks.

Hey, does the radio still work?


<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "Wow. People up here fight a lot more than I thought they would."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Blind faith. I thought Johann sounded like a religious zealot..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu emphasis on thought, not on Johann.

<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "If the whole world is this complicated no wonder everyone is shooting each other!"

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "He's not the one I'd compare to a dog right now, Gary. Wipe the foam from your mouth and calm down."

<Radio: A - Chat> Alia Winchester just laughs a little.

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde signs off for a moment.

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Yeah, we're terrible, go home kid."


Chuck may be surprised to find that there are absolutely no truly modern equipment on Xabungle at all. No targeting systems, no beam weaponry, no sensor systems, no power plant, no IFF, no video feed or sophisticated communications, no external cameras... hell, no /life support/. The cockpit is even in the head! It's a wonder the thing is apparently airtight, or that the pilot hadn't run out of oxygen by now.

Truth is, Xabungle has quite a bit of hollow space inside.

Don't flip out on your ride, Jiron tells himself. Don't flip out on your ride. Don't flip out on your ride. "I'm fine," Jiron replies a bit annoyedly, talking into a handheld radio, wired up to the radio itself that's plugged into the dashboard. He's sore about losing so soundly to a tank. "It's a Walker Machine. Hey, can you get me back to the, uh, ground?"


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku *staticky* "-ORE!"


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Fon Spark transmits, " Speaking of which, are you finished running over the new suits /Captain/? The Sadalsuud is still fit enough for short combat, but transport back to base would save sometime."


<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "Heh. Where I come from, you don't get questioned for following your orders."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "I hope I'm not the only one who's disturbed that there's a powerful group of people doing something they don't fully understand out of only 'faith'..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "But I want to help!"

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "As ever, Staren, you presume much and understand little."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Let it be, because no one's going to give you the crayons to play color-by-numbers with this time."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Tieria admitted noone knows the whole plan."

<Radio: A - Chat> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "Hnh. Do you not fight, Staren Wiremu, out of faith that your actions will improve the world?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Tieria Erde signs back on.

<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "It sounds like you people could really do something to relax and get to know each other better. Maybe a party?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine transmits, "So Mister Bradge, did you take part in todays events in space? I was Earthside so I missed out."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Faith? I do what I think is right."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "Maybe we'd relax more with less children around."

<Radio: A - Chat> Gary Bradge transmits, "No, my Gundam is still undergoing repair."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "The Devil Gundam needed to be stopped. I understood that. I fought against it and its minions."

<Radio: A - Chat> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "The point is, you have faith that your actions are good. It is no different from what I know of Celestial Being."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega is suddenly rather quiet.

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "There's a difference between blindly following orders and evaluating your actions and intentions in an ethical framework."

<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "...You don't like me do you? I don't understand, you were nice to me before! You even told me how to land my Dodai."

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine transmits, "And if Celestial Being ever screws up we're here to help poke them back in line, Little Staren."

<Radio: A - Chat> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "You should do more to understand them and less to fear them, if you want to become a man who can truly fight."

<Radio: A - Chat> Amuro Ray transmits, "I like you fine. I just don't want you in a robot getting shot at and killing people."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "They don't seem to desire to be understood. I have enough trouble understanding people who are at least willing to be understood."

<Radio: A - Chat> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "Then perhaps such jobs are for other people. I understand you enjoy technology and science; focus where your talent lies."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "I understand that The Plan is a need to know basis. It makes sense, I don't have security clearance, I've only been doing this for what, a couple months? But _someone_ needs to know all of it so they can make that ethical judgement of it."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Technology and science are tools."

<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "I haven't killed anyone though. Actually I think I've just made people retreat so far. And don't worry about me getting shot at. There's only one person who's even come close to being able to hurt me! Besides, I think it's wrong to sit back and do nothing when I can help. I couldn't live with myself if people got hurt because I didn't do everything I could to keep them safe!"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "But they don't tell you what to do."

<Radio: A - Chat> Locke Valentine transmits, "Trust in Aeolia."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Right and wrong... That is what guides you, helps you decide what to _do_ with tools like technology."

<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "Who's Aeolia?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Aeolia?"


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku is definitely banging something against something else in her cockpit, judging by what little can be heard that isn't static.

<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "-- Mina?!"


<Radio: A - Chat> Irunia Baranel transmits, "Is she an oracle? Ours only tell you the future but not how it gets that way or to change it."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "If I cared only for the creation of new technology, I'd be no better than... Who's that guy who brainwashed the woman with the red gespenst? That guy. Doing weird things just because he can."

<Radio: A - Chat> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "From all I can gather, it is less of a plan and more of a broad dream, Staren Wiremu."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Ah, well dreams are good. But VEDA must be following _some_ program that determines what orders it gives out."

<Radio: A - Chat> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "I am uncertain. Perhaps it is simply a means of communication or is an artificial sentience."


The shot hit. Leo can tell less than a second after he pulls the trigger; sometimes you just get that feeling. Rather than grope around for camera controls, Leo reaches down, scoops up the helmet of his normal suit, and slams it onto his head. He hates wearing helmets unless he absolutely has to, but he's not so stupid he won't keep one around.

As he gets his helmet on, the Slaughter Dagger's beam boomerang plows into the GN-X's neck. The impact is so violent that the GN-X's already damaged head snaps off entirely... which has the added side effect of freeing the mobile suit from the rocket anchor still piercing its face. The cameras were gone anyways; he'd have to do this no matter what.

Leo flicks a series of switches, and the GN-X's cockpit hatch hisses open. The suit turns carefully to survey its surroundings, an- OH HEY LOOK PTOLEMAOIS. Leo yelps, and the GN-X dashes 'up'wards, zipping out of the way of the ship with less than a second to spare. It was an extremely close call, and Leo lingers around the battleship a moment longer than is really safe as he struggles to orient himself.

As luck would have it, he ends up with line of sight to the bridge, quickly matching speeds with the enormous ship. Frowning, the GN-X lifts its left arm to point towards the distant, inert form of Gundam Kyrios. A moment later, it presents the bridge crew with its left hand, holding up its index finger. The message isn't hard to get: 'One down.'

The GN-X turns and glides away, spraying a bunch of GN particles into the Ptolemaios (like a dick) as it does. It takes a few beats for it to build up more speed than it already has, but other than the missing head, nothing seems terribly damaged, and the mobile suit coasts away, cruising towards the closest allied ship, the Mercy.


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Oh, right."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Him. Some guy from centuries ago perfectly predicted the future and all possible contingencies. ...Still, I suppose it's at least remotely plausible..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "How did Foundation end? I got distracted and didn't finish reading it,."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku, after her technical difficulties and regaining her composure, asks coldly, "Yes, Cagalli?"


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "..."


<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "We need to decide how we are going to deal with these new GN drive equipped suits of the EFA's."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "... Are you okay?"


<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Destroy them. Find out where they're making them. Destroy that. Find out who knows how to make them. Take them into Celestial Being custody."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Milliardo Peacecraft transmits, "A question, I understand, you should be asking yourself, Cagalli."


<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "In a word, containment. This is a door that cannot stay open."

<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "Taking the offensive, eh?"


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "It was a book by some classic author from centuries ago. Bout this guy who predicted the future for like... centuries, milennia... With his plan his followers were able to guide and run humanity... First with religion, and then with economics, and then some mutant guy who could make anyone like him messed things up and I got distracted and didn't finish reading it."


<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Indeed. The more this technology sits in the wrong hands, the less chance we'll have at removing it from the war."

<Radio: C - Command> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "We need to find out /how/ they developed them, and if they are in fact derived from the Drives of the Trinity team's Gundams."

<Radio: C - Command> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "I can't help but think that Paptimus would know that we would have to respond to this. He'll be prepared."

<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "Indeed. We have no clue where these drives came from, so our best bet will be to hit the EFA directly."

<Radio: C - Command> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "I am certain he knew that before he came to show off his new toys."


<Radio: B - Tactics> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "I am not injured, Cagalli."


<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I'm already analyzing data on known production facilities and trying to tap into CB contacts to find out about ones we /don't/ know."

<Radio: C - Command> Rondo Ghina Sahaku transmits, "Then remember that as you make your plans. The Man from Jupiter does is not revealing his hand casually."

<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "The red particles points to their having the same properties as the Trinity drives."

<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "If we could afford to wait, we could trace their production based on how many people they're /poisoning/, since the EFA I remember likely isn't going to care too much about the people working in their factories."


<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Anyway that's what this Aeolia Schenberg guy reminds me of."


Just then as the exchange between the Orb units and Leo Stenbuck ends in a most ironic way, its safe to conclude that this battle is over. The Mercy fires one last signal flare to ensure the neutrality of its presence. A signal is broadcast as a beacon out into the area, giving its coordinates by radar. However, it seems another mobile suit has decided to to join the fray. Having it already pre-preped and ready to go, Rising Gundam is already on the launch pad just as Rain enters the cockpit.

Upon activation, the Mobile Trace System engages and surrounds Rain within the latex substance. She struggles and groans as the substance molds over her body as the system monitors her vitals.

Dr. Mikamura stands tall as the computer trasnsmits, "All systems green. Pilot is prepared for launch." to which she calls out, "Alright then. I am heading out. Rain Mikamura in Rising Gundam.... Launching!" and then the mobile suit launches from the bay!

The klaxons go off in suits around the area as the Rising Gundam launches! However, the suit pulls no weapons or indicates any signs of hostility. It scans the area for Leo's GN-X, scoping it not far from her range and she smiles, quietly saying, "Yer alive." and then transmits to Leo, "Alright Leo, I have you on visual. Follow the beacon and it will take you right back to the Mercy. A GM Custom will be out to help out and I'll cover your back."

Meanwhile, on the otherside of the battlefield, The GM Custom launches from the Mercy and proceeds heading towards Leo's position to do as ordered. Chuck on the other hand just smiles as he adjusts his suit accordingly, "Just sit tight and don't worry about the cash. The Feds are fitting the bill." and just then the GM Light Armor shows up with the necessary fuel, "Speaking of that fuel, here's the calvery now."

Chuck transmits to the Mercy as the GM , "Mercy, C2 here. Survivor is intact. LA is giving a minor refuel and then heading back for repairs. C2 out."

Mercy transmits back, "Copy that, C2. See you when you get back."

Chuck grins again as the fueling concludes, "Alright little buddy, you got a 1/4 tank according to my scans. Follow us back and we'll get ya fixed up." and then the GM Cannon II, engages its boosters and helps the Xalbungle back to the Mercy.


<Radio: B - Tactics> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "... All right."


<Radio: A - Chat> Judau Ashta transmits, "Whu."

<Radio: A - Chat> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "... I think it would be best if you just spoke to someone in person."

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Huh?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Judau Ashta transmits, "What's an Aeolia Schenberg, sounds kinda dirty. Y'know."

<Radio: A - Chat> Judau Ashta transmits, "Y'know what I mean, right?"

<Radio: A - Chat> Staren Wiremu transmits, "Not really..."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega, loudly, "SO, ALLELUJAH, get ready to get taken aboard."

<Radio: A - Chat> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "Aeolia Schenberg is Celestial Being's founder -- there's still a battle going on and people are tense."

<Radio: A - Chat> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "Roger."

<Radio: A - Chat> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "You intact inside there?"


After a few brief orders over the radio, one of the squads of M1As moves towards Mina's Slaughter Dagger to haul her back to her space fortress for repairs and bon bons and cussing out Sumeragi behind her back and stuff.


<Radio: A - Chat> Allelujah Haptism transmits, "It's nothing that some rest can't do."


<Radio: C - Command> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "How likely is it that someone managed to independantly replicate a GN Drive?"

<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "In a word, 'not.'"

<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "I can not comment on that at this time."

<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "We're investigating it. We'll keep you informed as it becomes necessary."

<Radio: C - Command> Quattro Bageena transmits, "These incidents are making our investors in AEUG nervous about our association with Celestial being. I hope your investigation is successful, Captain Noriega, for the continued sake of our alliance."

<Radio: C - Command> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "Hm. I'm sure you will."

<Radio: C - Command> Amuro Ray transmits, "I'd say it's pretty damn necessary if they're fielding mass-produced GN mechs against us."

<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "When we're ready to move, we'll make sure Orb can move with us."

<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "Until then, whining won't make the process go faster."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Tieria Erde transmits, "If I had to make a guess at where they gathered enough extensive sensor data to be able to try and duplicate them drives..."


<Radio: C - Command> Amuro Ray transmits, "Insulting me doesn't change the facts."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Tieria Erde transmits, "I suspect someone may have pulled the Zeta's sensor logs to get that much close ranged data when the suit was stolen."


<Radio: C - Command> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "No, but it does take the edge off as I fit these pieces together."

<Radio: C - Command> Amuro Ray transmits, "Pft."

<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "Amuro Ray, I would like you to bear in mind that the duplication of any technology is also a given during conflict - the enemy will always be seeking to neutralize our advantages. We have taken security precautions above and beyond normal measures in order to secure our technology on our side."

<Radio: C - Command> Amuro Ray transmits, "Hasn't worked very well, has it."


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "So you're suggesting someone got the sensor logs to a GN-powered suit...? Hh. And -- ah, dammit."

<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "They did it via one of the Fereshte suits."


<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "Perhaps not, but if we are going to bring up shattering lapses of security, perhaps I should mention Ali al-Saachez walking off with the Zeta?"

<Radio: C - Command> Amuro Ray transmits, "Perhaps you should. Do you remember what we did when he stole it?"


<Radio: E - CB Secure> Sumeragi Lee Noriega transmits, "I missed the forest for the trees during this whole -- stupid -- /stupid/ -- augh."


<Radio: C - Command> Amuro Ray transmits, "We asked for help."

<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "Security can be circumvented. We are looking for the holes, and when we find them, we will plug them."

<Radio: C - Command> Tieria Erde transmits, "Given the scale of the problem, we will likely need Orb's assistance in the matter."

<Radio: C - Command> Cagalli Yula Athha transmits, "Uughhh... Can you at least not have this argument until I can think straight?"

<Radio: C - Command> Rondo Mina Sahaku transmits, "In any event, I would like the recorded combat data on this new unit from every unit that participated in the battle. After I compile it, it will be available upon request to all allied organizations."